• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustyherb

Three more weeks, no new trailer for the next half-season yet?
If I'm not mistaken we don't usually get a big trailer for the second half like we do the first half. These 30 secondish trailers that they've released is all were probably getting. Mostly I would guess because they want to keep most stuff under wraps.

Although it doesn't mean much [for any TV show/movie really] the early previews so far have been overwhelmingly positive. It'll probably a good episode at the very least, the comic material coming up is too good to be botched in the adaptation that much.

One of the editors from Collider said this

"I can't stress enough how amazing the @WalkingDead_AMC midseason premiere is. Greg Nicotero might have directed the show's best episode ever"

https://twitter.com/drclawmd/status/694542527744053248

Comicbook also released a non-spoiler review/preview of the episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG5cUNZaYHo&feature=youtu.be

dustyherb

Apparently Maggie's haircut will be explained on the show. I look forward to that. It looks good.
Yep looks really good. It's actually what her hair looks like around this time in the comics. Didn't think she would ever get the hairstyle so it's nice to see there're doing more stuff from the comics.

Nice! Although it's not my favorite show I seem to watch it religiously and enjoy myself. Can't wait to see this amazing story arc that comic folks have been hyping up.

AAHHHhhh! That little boy, the one that's about to get everyone eaten!

I'd say why can't he be more like [insert family member here] but the rest of his family, well...

dustyherb

I used to, but after rewatching the series... not so much. He was so nosy! Not only that but he went out like a moron.
Been rewatching all the episodes as well and all I can think is thankfully Dale died when he did. Dude would've never been able to handle anything after the farm. Couldn't even deal with the Randall crap he would have had a heart attack dealing with the governor and his people

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Honestly they should have just waited till March...most people are going to be recording/watching it a day later I imagine. And then next two weeks have grammys and oscars. Won't be watching live till March for me, but that is just me.

UberTag

Honestly they should have just waited till March...most people are going to be recording/watching it a day later I imagine. And then next two weeks have grammys and oscars. Won't be watching live till March for me, but that is just me.
The world stops for the Super Bowl but networks are just fine and dandy about offering counter-programming for award shows.

Be careful everyone, there's been a mess up/accident. A picture/promotional art is going viral, pretty big spoilers.

Someone is getting fired.

If people request it, I'll post in the spoiler thread.

Seriously love this show, but damn it's annoying when they do everything the hard way. Building full of zombies? Let's go in with torches and get real close to the stiffs lying on the floor instead of opening the doors and making noise out of the way so they all leave and group up for easy head poppings.

Spizz

Banned
Be careful everyone, there's been a mess up/accident. A picture/promotional art is going viral, pretty big spoilers.

Just saw it, oh shiiiiitt. Careful if you don't want to be spoiled everybody.

dustyherb

I miss Bearded Zero Fucks Rick. Dude is still operating on a level few mortals ever reach, but that was his peak, no question.
Beard will most likely return Andrew Lincoln has hinted at it a few times in interviews I believe. But I doubt we will ever see Rick that close to full blown crazy ever again.Dude was still smart tho wanted to go back and kill the terminus guys and it cost Bobs life cause no one would listen. And he wanted to go in ninja style against the cops at the hospital and it cost Beth's life.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

They always come back the week after the Super Bowl and it always works out just fine for them :p

Is it something from the comics? y/n

Fortunately I read the comics so I don't care about spoilers, but it sucks to jump on Twitter and see people attempting to spoil it for others, no idea why people have to be like that.

near

Gold Member

Haven't seen it and hopefully no one posts it in here or the part 2 thread until it's televised. I've avoided pretty all promos so far, the element of surprise keeps me hyped.

strafer

ew-1403-rick-the-walking-dead-6.jpg

EW-1403-DARYL-The-Walking-Dead-6.jpg

EW-1403-MICHONNE-The-Walking-Dead-6.jpg

EW-1403-CAROL-The-Walking-Dead-6.jpg

EW-1403-GLEN-The-Walking-Dead-6.jpg

EW-1403-MAGGIE-The-Walking-Dead-6.jpg

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Variety said:
“The Walking Dead” doesn’t need to redeem itself, exactly, but after its way-too-cute handling of the “Is Glenn dead?” situation, it really should do some penance. Fortunately, the show comes roaring back (on Valentine’s Day, no less) out of its midseason break — operating on multiple fronts with various characters, and a sustained level of tension that has become its hallmark. Throw in a couple of particularly jarring moments, and even for those of us who engaged in a fair amount of grumbling about the sixth season’s opening salvo, that’s a good, adrenaline-filled way to kick off its bifurcated run’s second half.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
They always come back the week after the Super Bowl and it always works out just fine for them :p

I guess there's probably not too much overlap between the awards and the show...V-Day might cause some issues, or be a good success since couples can get together and watch it.

I didn't post it here just to be safe. But if you want to see a HUGE spoiler about this Sunday's episode of TWD, head over to the spoiler thread. If you read the comics, you already know what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom