• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO Original | The Last of Us | Part 1 OT | Endure & Survive

skneogaf

mthbrE8.jpg

Aggelos

VulcanRaven

wait what

I thought those were practical effects. Especially the clicker in the museum.
I'm pretty sure most of the museum clickers are are still practical. They just put cgi over many shots just like with the bloater. I'm suprised that shot of the clicker screaming was cgi but the one when the video starts always looked odd to me. The way it moves didn't look real.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
wait what

I thought those were practical effects. Especially the clicker in the museum.
All the infected are practical. With an added layer of CGi for the moving parts.

They had the same guy who did Vecna in Stranger Things S4 do the infected in this.

Practical + CG =

staring-vecna.gif

walking-vecna.gif

His skin moving moving, etc is the CGi

Aggelos

Eiknarf

Banned

Why’s there a writer’s strike like every five years but never an actor’s strike or stage hand strike or Director’s strike or cinematographer’s strike or a set designer’s strike or a casting agent’s strike or a crew member’s strike etc?

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Why’s there a writer’s strike like every five years but never an actor’s strike or stage hand strike or Director’s strike or cinematographer’s strike or a set designer’s strike or a casting agent’s strike or a crew member’s strike etc?

For actors, the guild minimum pay is something north of $15k USD a week, even if just on set for a day or two. Directors tend to get fat contracts that guarantee pay. Even most production crew get guaranteed contracts. Only writers get fucked over like this it seems.

Aggelos

2nd most nominated show at this years Emmys with 24 total nominations including Outstanding Drama Series
Druckmann does it again. idk why Sony keeps giving him power, its like they like prestige and money.

Might as well make a movie, a cereal, a children’s tv series.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Sorry to bump this up, but this was the perfect thread for this.

It's amazing to me how much the original concept art for Joel looks like Pedro Pascal. It feels like one of those things that were "meant to be."

lvNs6uu.jpg
Yup. I remember reading something about that in some TLOU doc years ago. They went for how he was originally gonna look in the show

Pelta88

I'm still stunned by how this ip was able to create an entirely different audience and have such an impact on pop culture. My cousin asked me if I was watching TLOU when it first aired.

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Del_X

Show is overrated. Best episode was effectively a bottle episode (the Nick Offerman one). Action was piss poor, Ellie and Joel’s relationship never had time to get established. They’re only together for like three episodes out of the season.

Definitely feels like a layup to kill him off and keep the TV audience from getting as triggered.

Pidull

Show is overrated. Best episode was effectively a bottle episode (the Nick Offerman one). Action was piss poor, Ellie and Joel’s relationship never had time to get established. They’re only together for like three episodes out of the season.

Definitely feels like a layup to kill him off and keep the TV audience from getting as triggered.
Seeing how many awards nominations it's getting as compared to a show like Better Call Saul is insanity to me.

It was a good adaptation, yeah, but they blasted through that first season way too quickly. Felt a bit like the GoT showrunners trying to get it over with as quickly as possible so that they could build something of their own.

Eiknarf

Banned
My sister, who doesn’t care about games, loved the show and can’t wait for season 2. I told her to buckle up for S2, and she told me to keep quiet and that nothing better happen to Joel or Ellie.
Pedro Pascal became such a huge star. Imagine they don’t kill him off now?

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

Peter Hoar won Director's Guild award from the episode 3:

"Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Dramatic Series

PETER HOAR — “The Last of Us,” “Long, Long Time” (HBO/Max) – WINNER
Directorial Team: Unit Production Manager: Cecil O’Connor; First Assistant Director: Bethan Mowat"

Last edited:
Top Bottom