• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

Just a heads up, trying to get the Season 6, Part 2 thread up in the next couple days.

I watched this because Facebook mislabeled it as a "trailer" lol didn't think it would be the first four minutes but still, no regrets! And here I was thinking the hype for Sunday couldn't get anymore real.
The ending of the clip left me tense as FUCK D:

Here's some more goodies from Andrew "DA GAWD" Lincoln himself:

Andrew Lincoln said:
“We do realize very quickly in the returning episode that it’s almost like the end of a chapter. Something happens. Rick learns a lot about himself in this episode. What I will say is that the pace quickens a lot in the back eight. It jumps up a gear, maybe two gears, and we move very, very quickly. A lot of things happen in quick succession that propel us towards a very thrilling finale.”

I think you’ll see there’s a marked change in Rick as a result of what happens in episode 9. It’s one of those watershed moments that happens. And as a result he learns something vital about being a leader. And yet again, he changes. And he develops a new way of leading. And that could be said for the back 8, in that it turns very dark…

Strap your asses in, boyz!

SamuraiX-

EW said:
"I felt sick to my stomach when I read the script," star Andrew Lincoln said of his reaction to reading the script for the season finale. "It was the first day in the whole six years of working on 'The Walking Dead' that I was late for work because I woke up in the middle of the night and I couldn’t get back to sleep. I was so angry and frustrated and I felt sick. And that was just after reading it."

“[Hearing] the word ‘finale’ gives me a physical reaction because it’s the hardest day on set that I’ve ever had in my life,” says Lauren Cohan (Maggie) with a sigh. “I never even imagined that as an actor you could have that experience. It’s one of the most raw experiences that I think any of us have ever had. Andy talks about being late to work; I didn’t want to go to work that day. It took a really, really long time for everybody to feel okay again after the finale, let’s put it that way.”

Based Gimple™ tho

eloestmn

Andrew Lincoln said:
"I felt sick to my stomach when I read the script," star Andrew Lincoln said of his reaction to reading the script for the season finale. "It was the first day in the whole six years of working on 'The Walking Dead' that I was late for work because I woke up in the middle of the night and I couldn’t get back to sleep. I was so angry and frustrated and I felt sick. And that was just after reading it."

Basically the equivalent of "Hot Chicks in your area are ready to fuck NOW! Click here!"

EulaCapra

I like this story.
How Sarah Wayne Callies (Lori) saved Carol on The Walking Dead
ANDREW LINCOLN [to MELISSA McBRIDE]: You had a close shave in season 3.
McBRIDE: I feel like I always have a close shave.

LINCOLN: Yeah, but do you remember, with Sarah Wayne Callies [who played Lori]? She fought for you.

McBRIDE: She did? I didn’t hear that.

LINCOLN: Did you not know?

McBRIDE: I didn’t know that.

LINCOLN: It was the episode when Lori and T-Dog die. But for a few weeks it was going to be Carol and Lori. And Sarah, in her good grace and class, stepped in and said, “That’s a terrible mistake.” And so she knew that she was going, but she fought for you to stay.

McBRIDE: I did not know that. I’m going to faint.

LINCOLN: Yeah.

McBRIDE: Get her on the phone!
It's a shame Lori got the short end of the stick. Sarah Wayne Callies is really likeable.

But also T-Dog took Carol's place LMAO.

Skab

I like this story.
How Sarah Wayne Callies (Lori) saved Carol on The Walking Dead

It's a shame Lori got the short end of the stick. Sarah Wayne Callies is really likeable.

But also T-Dog took Carol's place LMAO.

BUVQs2Z.gif

Those quotes by Maggie and Rick about the finale so morbid . I know where it's going but I just don't know now if I'm ready for it now no matter
who Lucille takes out

dustyherb

Those quotes by Maggie and Rick about the finale so morbid . I know where it's going but I just don't know now if I'm ready for it now no matter
who Lucille takes out
Ya I don't think anyone is going to be really ready.
major comic/future show spoilers
i mean it's one thing to see someone get their face bashed in on a page but to see it played out live is just going to be brutal. That's why I think it's funny that people think it has to be Daryl to make a huge impact. Like you said it could honestly be almost anyone and it would be really hard for me to watch.

bitbydeath

i mean it's one thing to see someone get their face bashed in on a page but to see it played out live is just going to be brutal. That's why I think it's funny that people think it has to be Daryl to make a huge impact. Like you said it could honestly be almost anyone and it would be really hard for me to watch.
I was reeling over that scene for weeks after reading it.

Certainly hit me hard, even harder than reading the red wedding did.

it's totally going to be
Morgan.

dustyherb

it's totally going to be
Morgan.
Comic/show spoilers
either him or Glen. Morgan makes a lot of sense since Rick ends up sparing Negan at the end of the war. But after this Glen fake out death I think the writers want us believing he's safe now. Then bam dude gets beat to death. The casual audience people like my family and friends who don't know anything from the comics would never see that shit coming.

Alpende

Nope.
Comments above from Andrew and Lauren have debunked that theory. It is clearly someone who they are very attached too that would cause such emotional distress.

It is Glenn

I hope it's him,
he should have been dead already anyways.

Comic/show spoilers
either him or Glen. Morgan makes a lot of sense since Rick ends up sparing Negan at the end of the war. But after this Glen fake out death I think the writers want us believing he's safe now. Then bam dude gets beat to death. The casual audience people like my family and friends who don't know anything from the comics would never see that shit coming.

That would make the fake-out with Glen even more horseshit than it already is. And it's already some MAJOR horseshit. It already demonstrated contempt for the audience; this would make it even moreso, as pulling that shit only to kill him off for real only a couple of episodes later would be completely pointless.

I'm surprised people genuinely get hyped for this show anymore. The only reason I watch it is because I'm a big fan of a podcast that covers it (and is willing to call it out on it's shit where necessary). At it's best it's entertaining (but far from the best television has to offer), but there's too much bullshit.

I fully expect this half season to go the usual way of opening with a good episode or two, then being a bunch of filler, and then closing off with an episode or two strong enough to get people to look forward to repeating it all over again next time.

Oh, and Andrew Lincoln's comments on his reactions to the script mean nothing to me. I like the guy, but AMC pay the actors to talk up the show, so such comments are worthless. Hell, the guy who played T-Dog was bigging up over how much more character development he was going to get in season 3, and we saw how that went.

I'm surprised people genuinely get hyped for this show anymore. The only reason I watch it is because I'm a big fan of a podcast that covers it (and is willing to call it out on it's shit where necessary).
you're surprised people get hyped for the most watched show on cable?

I can't speak for everyone else but I don't overthink this show like I did when I watched Mad Men. It's blockbuster entertainment that ocassionally surprises me with something more. Looking at social media, the casual viewer was super hyped for Glenn's return and his disappearence created crazy buzz. What would be shitty is if they did the same thing again to another character in the future. It's one of those one and done ideas.

you're surprised people get hyped for the most watched show on cable?

The fact that a show is popular doesn't mean it's automatically great. It just means a lot of people watched it. To be popular, a show has to appeal to a lot of people. Being absolutely stellar is one way of doing that. And having subject material that is inherently popular is another.

I'm not expressing shock at how The Walking Dead is so popular. I think it's a fun show, as do many others. I just don't think it's well written-enough to warrant being "hyped" for. It has moments of greatness, but is too often let down by really bad decisions for the whole package to shine.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I don't really get your comment at all. You know it's a popular show, so I don't understand why you can't see why people would be hyped for its return every season. People are attached to these characters and although the writing might not be to everyone's standards, it's still entertaining to watch the majority of the time. I say majority cuz there's been some really fucking terrible episodes here and there lol.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
My god you guys are getting me hyped with all these interviews. And all these damn black bars... So tempting. Bring on Sunday

dustyherb

That would make the fake-out with Glen even more horseshit than it already is. And it's already some MAJOR horseshit. It already demonstrated contempt for the audience; this would make it even moreso, as pulling that shit only to kill him off for real only a couple of episodes later would be completely pointless.

I'm surprised people genuinely get hyped for this show anymore. The only reason I watch it is because I'm a big fan of a podcast that covers it (and is willing to call it out on it's shit where necessary). At it's best it's entertaining (but far from the best television has to offer), but there's too much bullshit.

I fully expect this half season to go the usual way of opening with a good episode or two, then being a bunch of filler, and then closing off with an episode or two strong enough to get people to look forward to repeating it all over again next time.

Oh, and Andrew Lincoln's comments on his reactions to the script mean nothing to me. I like the guy, but AMC pay the actors to talk up the show, so such comments are worthless. Hell, the guy who played T-Dog was bigging up over how much more character development he was going to get in season 3, and we saw how that went.

Major Comic/show spoilers
uh no it wouldn't be completely pointless cause like I said it would be used to make the audience feel as if he's safe. The casual people think Glen's safe for now. No ones expecting the dude to potentially get his head bashed in by a barbed wire baseball bat 8 episodes down the road unless you've read the comics.

And here we go again people not even using the term filler correctly. Filler is what doesn't appear in the source material like the Beth arc for example. And even if I'm using the term filler to mean a bunch of crap that's useless to the story would you like point out what exactly has been filler? Because if we're talking these first 8 episodes of season 6 almost everything has been important but since we haven't seen the back 8 yet people want to say it's all shit and filler.

And how is it surprising that people get hyped for a show that's still going strong six seasons in with characters people have become very attached to and love??

This show is far from perfect and there's a lot of stuff they've done wrong. Mostly ruining a lot of the older characters like killing them off to early or staying at the prison for more then a season resulting in a terrible season 3 finale. Hell these first 8 episodes had stupid crap like everyone having to make some dramatic heroic crap speech.

But whatever keep watching a show that you obviously have seemed to grow tired off. Thanks for boosting the ratings and keeping it on air. If the show has as much bullshit as all these haters scream about then why can't you all simply just stop watching. And if it's because you wanna watch simply cause you watched the show this far into the run, we'll get ready to keep watching cause we got about 6 more seasons of supposed bullshit to come.

I don't really get your comment at all. You know it's a popular show, so I don't understand why you can't see why people would be hyped for its return every season. People are attached to these characters and although the writing might not be to everyone's standards, it's still entertaining to watch the majority of the time. I say majority cuz there's been some really fucking terrible episodes here and there lol.

I agree with this.

Although it's far from being up there in terms of writing [although it does have its moments of brilliance] - the series is still very entertaining. At least for me.

dustyherb

My god you guys are getting me hyped with all these interviews. And all these damn black bars... So tempting. Bring on Sunday
Don't do it man lol watching this next half a season without knowing any spoilers would be amazing. Well worth the wait if you ask me. If I could change it I would've held off on reading the comics and all that till after this season is done.

Alpende

Don't do it man lol watching this next half a season without knowing any spoilers would be amazing. Well worth the wait if you ask me. If I could change it I would've held off on reading the comics and all that till after this season is done.

Heh, If I hadn't read the comics I might have stopped watching the show already. The thought that cool things can happen keeps me watching.

dustyherb

Heh, If I hadn't read the comics I might have stopped watching the show already. The thought that cool things can happen keeps me watching.
Ya that's very true as well, it definitely makes me excited for the future of the show. These upcoming arcs are when things really started to get awesome in the comics so I expect it to be similar with the show. But on the other hand being able to experience what happened in
issue 100
on the show without any spoilers would be amazing as well.

bitbydeath

If you read up you'll see he wasn't supposed to die at that time so could have gotten more character development if that didn't occur.

someday

Banned
So hype for this, I cannot wait...

They should hire Gimple to do season 6 of Game of Thrones after shitty 5th
No, please. I may not be thrilled with Season 5 of GoT but at least characters speak their minds.
It feels like Andrew Lincoln talks up every major episode and people always end up disappointed.
True, he says this every single premier and finale and it's rarely backed up when we watch. Still, I believe this time he may be on to something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom