• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the scene because it's such an awful cheat. Even ignoring the fact that Glenn (with Nicholas on top of him) falls from a height that could have at least caused him severe injuries (if not flat out broke his back), there's still the fact that we see Nicholas and Glenn falling at an angle in which it would have been impossible for Glenn's head to be so close to the dumpster. It makes no sense, and it's made even worse by using the sad Bear McCreary music and removing Steven Yeun from the credits. It's one of those things that sound incredibly clever on paper, but it's not until you see the finished product that you realize you fucked up.

I'm torn at which is the worse cheat, though. This, or "Daryl and Carol in a truck fall down a bridge yet everything is okay".
Agreed on all counts. Glenn's save is easily the worse of the two. With Daryl and Carol in a truck, no matter how ridiculous, it wasn't as unbelievable. But with Glenn, the fall that would break anyone's back or skull on impact (especially when an adult guy falls on top of you). The fact that he gets away without even a teensy scratch from the zombies is absolutely immersion breaking. And him just chilling under that dumpster till zombies just get bored of him. The list goes on and on. To make things even worse and dumber in hindsight, Glenn just goes to a window across the dumpster and casually breaks in after Enid gives him some water. WTF mayne. Didn't think of that when zombies were swarming you?

Agreed on all counts. Glenn's save is easily the worse of the two. With Daryl and Carol in a truck, no matter how ridiculous, it wasn't as unbelievable. But with Glenn, the fall that would break anyone's back or skull on impact (especially when an adult guy falls on top of you). The fact that he gets away without even a teensy scratch from the zombies is absolutely immersion breaking. And him just chilling under that dumpster till zombies just get bored of him. The list goes on and on. To make things even worse and dumber in hindsight, Glenn just goes to a window across the dumpster and casually breaks in after Enid gives him some water. WTF mayne. Didn't think of that when zombies were swarming you?
That's the only part that's not too far-fetched. That was Daryl's plan when he and Aaron were trapped in the car during the Wolves' trap. He wanted to cover the windows so the walkers couldn't see them.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Watching the end of season 5. Don't understand what is happening with Gabriel or Sasha at all. PTSD?

EulaCapra

Watching the end of season 5. Don't understand what is happening with Gabriel or Sasha at all. PTSD?
Sasha for sure is coping with the back-to-back losses by doing the only thing that makes sense to her at the time, sniping walkers.

While Gabriel is just a douche turd.

Lashley

Sasha for sure is coping with the back-to-back losses by doing the only thing that makes sense to her at the time, sniping walkers.

While Gabriel is just a douche turd.

But why was she sleeping with corpses?

And why is Gabriel going about in turtlenecks, letting walkers get close and then deciding to fight back?

EulaCapra

And why is Gabriel going about in turtlenecks, letting walkers get close and then deciding to fight back?
The actress was pregnant so she probably just wanted to lie down and rest.
kzU2jk2.jpg

It was Sasha working out her "stuff and thaangs" after losing people. Everyone has their own way of coping with loss. I guess Sasha was trying to come to terms with the idea of being dead.

Sitting here watching season one while writing my script for film class and I've come across a bad omen comic spoilers
watching Glenn save Rick and say if I'm ever that far up shits creek I hope that someone would save me man I can only imagine negan cracking that skull and they have Glenn look at Rick right before it happens chills

Limit

Did a marathon run of this show over the last week and wow, I wasn't expecting it to be this good. Plenty of times I got teary eyed. The governor was an amazing antagonist. I was hoping for him to become Rick's right hand man somehow after watching the one episode showcasing him as a broken down man who encounters that family that reignites his will to live for something. That was so good. Jumping straight to current season, so glad that
Glenn survived.

One thing that stood out to me most about this show is the quality of instrumental songs that they use. I have searched high and low over the past few hours trying to find some kind of compilation album featuring them but so far I have only been able to find a remix version of the title song. Does anyone know if they even exist separately on the internet? Maybe on some composer's site or something?

Did a marathon run of this show over the last week and wow, I wasn't expecting it to be this good. Plenty of times I got teary eyed. The governor was an amazing antagonist. I was hoping for him to become Rick's right hand man somehow after watching the one episode showcasing him as a broken down man who encounters that family that reignites his will to live for something. That was so good. Jumping straight to current season, so glad that
Glenn survived.

One thing that stood out to me most about this show is the quality of instrumental songs that they use. I have searched high and low over the past few hours trying to find some kind of compilation album featuring them but so far I have only been able to find a remix version of the title song. Does anyone know if they even exist separately on the internet? Maybe on some composer's site or something?
Firstly welcome aboard. Secondly, Bear Mcreary is a great with the music. You should watch BSG as well.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Glenn survived.

The show is much better when streaming. When it goes week-by-week you will start to notice the flaws and complain.

D

Deleted member 18827

Unconfirmed Member
So I started reading the comics because I got impatient, just finished #100

Jesus fucking christ that was disturbing. I didn't even like comic Glenn that much but him lifting his head and struggling to even talk then graphically having his brains smashed in shook me up. Red wedding moment for me.
No way they recreate that on the TV show.

Lashley

All caught up. S6 was great.

Damn, I'm dreading Negan arriving for obvious comic book spoiler reasons.

dustyherb

So I started reading the comics because I got impatient, just finished #100

Jesus fucking christ that was disturbing. I didn't even like comic Glenn that much but him lifting his head and struggling to even talk then graphically having his brains smashed in shook me up. Red wedding moment for me.
No way they recreate that on the TV show.
Comic/show spoilers
well get ready cause it's happening the last episode of this season. I have a feeling it won't be near as graphic as the comics. Hopefully it is tho because it's pretty much one of the biggest moments in the walking dead and deserves to be done just like the comics. Don't want them half assing and messing anything up with Negan.

some thing about the comics that i'm confused about. people say that it'll take another 10 years for the show to catch up with the comic, but is that if the comic stops publishing right now? or at its current rate it'll be 10 years?

either way,
so whatever this shit that happens with negan, is it going to span in time 4+ seasons of the show? like I know he kills someone, a fight ensues, but that he eventually becomes their prisoner. has mores substantial shit happened in the comic since then or is that what it is up to?

Alpende

some thing about the comics that i'm confused about. people say that it'll take another 10 years for the show to catch up with the comic, but is that if the comic stops publishing right now? or at its current rate it'll be 10 years?

either way,
so whatever this shit that happens with negan, is it going to span in time 4+ seasons of the show? like I know he kills someone, a fight ensues, but that he eventually becomes their prisoner. has mores substantial shit happened in the comic since then or is that what it is up to?
Iirc, Negan is imprisoned for a while. Rick & co. try to clean up the mess he created and start building a life. Some time passes until the face a new group called the Whisperers. Won't say who they are though.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

At its current rate, it'll be 2-3 seasons at most before the show catches up with where comic is now, but the show probably won't ever reach the point where its running the same storyline concurrently with the comic.

dustyherb

either way,
It won't be 10 years to catch up to where the comics is at right now. 3 maybe 4 more seasons and they could be at the current place the comics is at which is issue 149. But by the time the show gets to that point the comics will be even further ahead. The show will never catch the comics and the comics is going to go on long after the show is over. Kirkmans plan was for 300 issues but he said he could do 500 or more if he really wanted to.

Major current comic/show spoilers:
negan is currently alive in the comics, he's going to be around in the show for a while most definitely. After the war between Negan's group and the three other communities comes the whisperers. Who is a gigantic group who wear zombie skin to blend in. The arcs have been a little slow but there's been a lot of build up and shits about to get crazy in the comics. So I really hope the show gets to this point eventually.

I hope Jeffrey Dean Morgan loses his natural white beard and is clean shaven.

I hope he doesn't look like this
x240-y14.jpg

And that he looks more like this
130613jeffrey-dean-morgan1.jpg

Gonzalez

Banned
I hope Jeffrey Dean Morgan loses his natural white beard and is clean shaven.

I hope he doesn't look like this
x240-y14.jpg

And that he looks more like this
130613jeffrey-dean-morgan1.jpg
He should shave the beard, but leave the mustache, and dye it.

We need Morgan to become what he was destined to be, and that's second coming of this man...

vlcsnap-2011-12-19-09h50m20s185.png

"I'm beat your brains, with Lucille... The "Ravishing" way."

More than five years into its run, AMC’s “The Walking Dead” remains a primetime powerhouse and is well-represented in Nielsen’s year-end lists of the most popular TV and social media draws of 2015.

According to Nielsen “live plus-7” estimates through mid-November, “Walking Dead” was the No. 1 entertainment series of the year in adults 18-49 and adults 18-34 and trailed only NBC’s “Sunday Night Football” and CBS’ “The Big Bang Theory” and “NCIS” in total viewers. It averaged 19.7 million viewers per episode to hold off the year’s hottest newcomer, Fox’s “Empire” (17.8 million).

The zombie drama was the most time-shifted television program of 2015 when comparing its viewership done same-day vs. that done within a week of a telecast. Nielsen estimates that “The Walking Dead” gained 10.89 million viewers in a week’s worth of VOD and DVR playback, and was followed by “The Big Bang Theory” (9.40 million), “Empire” (7.66 million) and NBC dramas “The Blacklist” (7.33 million) and “Blindspot” (7.13 million).

“Walking Dead” ruled as the No. 1 series on television in Twitter exposure for a third straight year, according to Nielsen. On average, about 4 million people saw one or more of the 424,000 tweets sent about each new episode, and these tweets were sent by an average of 153,000 unique authors and seen about 28 million times.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/amcs-the-walking-dead-nielsen-year-end-lists-1201668776/

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Fear the Walking Dead season 2 will start the week after The Walking Dead S6 ends - April 10. Talking Dead will air after. Season is split into 7/8 episode halves. The second half of the season will air sometime later in 2016 (probably 8 weeks prior to S7 of TWD - so around August 21st-ish.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom