• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Palworld remain an Xbox exclusive?

Topher

Gold Member
-1604664833636.jpg

I am sorry. But Console exclusive is not a fanboy term like some of you are suggesting as companies are using it, and No it PC doesn't count. PC is another form of media just like how a TV can play games is another form of media.

PCs and consoles are not in the same category.

Can I play the game Palword somewhere outside of Xbox ecosystem ? yes sure. but as far as home consoles under your TV goes ? its exclusive to Xbox for now as much as spider man is to PS5.

Godfall was at the crux of many a console warrior fight so not exactly the best example to be bringing here.

Mr Moose

So, can we all agree that maybe MS deserve some props for having a clearly decent, on par with steam and pc early access program to let this game onto their eco system and game pass?

That's all that's stopping the game from being anywhere else right now and they are benefitting from it.
Now this I can agree with. Not sure if it's on par with Steam and stuff but yeah. Sony rarely allow this kind of thing.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
-1604664833636.jpg

I am sorry. But Console exclusive is not a fanboy term like some of you are suggesting as companies are using it, and No it PC doesn't count. PC is another form of media just like how a TV can play games is another form of media.

PCs and consoles are not in the same category.

Can I play the game Palword somewhere outside of Xbox ecosystem ? yes sure. but as far as home consoles under your TV goes ? its exclusive to Xbox for now as much as spider man is to PS5.
So, it's PC exclusive too. /s

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
You pretend it's supposed to be ironic, but I know if you could walk around in the outfit shown in your avatar, without being mocked and laughed at, you would live in it. You would eat it in, sleep in it, I would say fuck in it, but we know that never happens. You probably don't shower anyways, so hygiene wouldn't be a problem.

Eventually, your fanboy ass would die, and when that time came, the mortician would find that somehow your Sony suit became a part of you. It would become intertwined with what used to be your skin (In your mind, this would be glorious). So it would stay, and the time for your funeral would arrive. Your family would line up to pay their respects (if they had any), and as they walked up to your casket, they would look down at you.. and think to themselves, "what an idiot".
I want you to say this at Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping funeral

//DEVIL//

Godfall was at the crux of many a console warrior fight so not exactly the best example to be bringing here.
was referring to the term console exclusive. Regardless what game. I believe it was also used for Final Fantasy 7 and 15.

My point is the term is not a fanboyish term. and Even Sony do not find the PC in the same category as consoles as they wouldn't have wrote it.

I get it, too many games on consoles if not all these days have a PC port. but they are not the same. Sony doesn't find PC a threat to their gaming dominance otherwise they wouldn't release the game on PC in the first place.

But they know they are completely different market, so why not give them a bone 2 years later.

So, it's PC exclusive too. /s

If you want to speak logically ? Yes it is a PC exclusive as its not coming to Steam OS or Mac ( which goes under the same category along with the PC )

I love how your sarcasm backfired quickly lol. in a joke way of course :)

Last edited:

Roxkis_ii

Xbox fans: Omg! Xbox got a major thrid party exclusive that killing the game Omg Xbox 4life.

Everyone else: This isn't really an Xbox game though. Ps just doesn't generally accept Early Access games

Xbox fan: OMG this game got Thr pony's in a choke hold OMG!

Xbox fans project so hard.

Senua

So, can we all agree that maybe MS deserve some props for having a clearly decent, on par with steam and pc early access program to let this game onto their eco system and game pass?

That's all that's stopping the game from being anywhere else right now and they are benefitting from it.
Why are you so obsessed with ms getting more props dude

twilo99

Under no circumstances is Microsoft allowed any credit for anything positive whatsoever.

Pure evil, worst thing for gaming ever, or GTFO.

My man Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping can confirm this

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
It would cost billions to cover the lost sales. In addition to that, microsoft could fork over the money, and then a few months from now Nintendo kill the whole thing.

do you realize how many copies at $30 you’d have to sell to hit billions in revenue?

Canadian Lol GIF

Xbox fans: Omg! Xbox got a major thrid party exclusive that killing the game Omg Xbox 4life.

Everyone else: This isn't really an Xbox game though. Ps just doesn't generally accept Early Access games

Xbox fan: OMG this game got Thr pony's in a choke hold OMG!

Xbox fans project so hard.

To be fair, anyone piping up to claim a game already referred to as a ‘third party game’ isn’t really an xbox game has to be In the feels. Or doesn’t understand what ‘third party’ means.

It’s doing quite well on GamePass. That should be a good thing for all concerned.

MarkMe2525

Lets ignore the insinuation that he/she is obsessed with MS. In a vacuum, referring to "giving MS props" would be odd. In the context of pointing out the absurdity of many people in here dismissing that MS policies allowed this game to come to their console, it makes more sense.

In other words, I doubt he/she would have made any comment, if it were not for the many falsely claiming that MS somehow has no hand in the ability to play the game on Xbox.

As always, the assertion could always be flipped around and the question of "why are you so concerned with DenchDeckard DenchDeckard opinion" could be asked.

Last edited:

Senua

Lets ignore the insinuation that he/she is obsessed with MS. In a vacuum, referring to "giving MS props" would be odd. In the context of pointing out the absurdity of many people in here dismissing that MS policies allowed this game to come to their console, it makes more sense.

In other words, I doubt he/she would have made any comment, if it were not for the many falsely claiming that MS somehow has no hand in the ability to play the game on Xbox.

As always, the assertion could always be flipped around and the question of "why are you so concerned with DenchDeckard DenchDeckard opinion" could be asked.
Oh jesus Christ not you again lol

Topher

Gold Member

Who said MS had "no hand in the ability to play the game on Xbox"?

Topher

Gold Member
Start from the beginning of the thread and read again. I specifically made a response to that claim, probably verbatim.

Mr Moose Mr Moose can correct me if I am wrong, but it seems obvious to me that he was saying Microsoft had no part in making the game, not that Microsoft had no part in the game being on Xbox. Every game on Xbox has to go through Microsoft, clearly.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

They're too busy going third party tho
They are breaking the mold for sure. I know you didnt ask, but ill tell you anyways. I don't pretend to know their future plans. I do see more games going multiplat, while withholding others for the gamepass value proposition.

I will say, I don't believe that rumour posted yesterday (I think) that Xbox is going the 3DO route.

MarkMe2525

Mr Moose Mr Moose can correct me if I am wrong, but it seem obvious to me that he was saying Microsoft had no part in making the game, not that Microsoft had no part in the game being on Xbox. Every game on Xbox has to go through Microsoft, clearly.
While I could have taken his comment out of context (I have been wrong before... once), I was not speaking to just his comment. Generally speaking, the spirit of the assertion is strong in here. You may disagree, but then I would just disagree with you.

Saber

Gold Member
I don't think it has to do with exclusivity. It is because its an early(very early) acess.
But I wouldn't be surprised if both of them reach the devs. But judging that the devs are pretty happy with Steam sales, they would be willing to go to PS ecossystem as well since both Steam and PS5/PS4 can totally bring them the money.

They are breaking the mold for sure. I know you didnt ask, but ill tell you anyways. I don't pretend to know their future plans. I do see more games going multiplat, while withholding others for the gamepass value proposition.

I will say, I don't believe that rumour posted yesterday (I think) that Xbox is going the 3DO route.

I believe it. They're always throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks. I'm expecting 3DO to mainly just be trying to catch the handheld market and they'll go from there

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

I wasn't actually trying to say anything major. I just made a post saying, props to who ever works at ms who secured this for gamepass and God forbid microsoft did something right for once. As there are posts downplaying the success of this game on gamepass. Then it turned into a 3 on one for simply making a positive comment about xbox. So, due to this I was defending my point that made it look so much more than what I initially intended.

That's all.

I wasn't actually trying to say anything major. I just made a post saying, props to who ever works at ms who secured this for gamepass and God forbid microsoft did something right for once. As there are posts downplaying the success of this game on gamepass. Then it turned into a 3 on one for simply making a positive comment about xbox. So, due to this I was defending my point that made it look so much more than what I initially intended.

That's all.

Don't listen to those sony ponies dench. Well Topher isn't a pony he's just a wierd inbetweener who belongs nowhere

Fuck xbox tho

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

I believe it. They're always throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks. I'm expecting 3DO to mainly just be trying to catch the handheld market and they'll go from there
Well, when you put it like that, that sounds like what MS is already doing in the handheld market. In MS's eyes, every handheld sold with windows installed is a win for them and a potential MS store (yeah right) or gamepass customer.

Ozriel

M$FT

That's all.

To be fair, a big part of how the gen is playing out is down to savvy marketing deals. There’s a lot of talk about PlayStation’s hardware performance for 2023, but a substantial part of that was driven by Hogwarts Legacy, marketed heavily to the point of synonymity with PS. Ditto for how much damage the Battlefront and COD bundles did to cement PS dominance in North America last gen, before Spiderman showed up to finish the job.

Valid to give props for picking absolute winners either for funding or for striking deals with. MS has also worked with PocketPair in the past via ID@Xbox on Craftopia, providing support and funding. So…at least someone in that weirdly run organization is doing something right for a change.

I’d certainly give whoever secured Stray for PS+ a raise and massive props.

Topher

Gold Member
While I could have taken his comment out of context (I have been wrong before... once), I was not speaking to just his comment. Generally speaking, the spirit of the assertion is strong in here. You may disagree, but then I would just disagree with you.

Any game published on any console involves the console maker to a certain degree. I think everyone here is aware of that.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Don't listen to those sony ponies dench. Well Topher isn't a pony he's just a wierd inbetweener who belongs nowhere

Fuck xbox tho

I genuinely like listening to most. You are hilarious, your posts genuinely bring a smile to my face ya dumb blue snake.

Topher, moose both great posters too and I never have bad feelings about their posts against me to be honest. I welcome it because I know they speak sense.

My problem is I use over exaggerated words sometimes and that doesn't come across well on the Internet. If we were all shooting the shit with each other I think it would be a good set of nerds talking gaming to be honest.

I never have hard feelings because really I'm a nintendo fanboy lol 😆

Last edited:
Top Bottom