• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Palworld remain an Xbox exclusive?

Deft Beck

With such staggering sales figures, I can't imagine Microsoft wants to let that go. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to lock this game up or even acquire the developers outright.

It's pretty ironic that they got such a successful exclusive right on the heels of making one of their previously successful exclusives, Hi-Fi Rush, a multiplatform game. What may happen is that they brand it as an Xbox game even if it makes it to other platforms.

Of course, they should clear up any of the potential legal issues...

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Doubt Sony are interested. It's already on a decline as players finish everything there is to do and move on to the next hype.

It's neat that this thing exists, but it doesn't have legs.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I bet they will prioritize getting it on mobile because it’s so huge in China. These types of games aren’t super popular on console.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Like most 3rd party games exclusive to Xbox this gen, it will magically get a PS5 port 6+months from now.

Last edited:

Roxkis_ii

I don't think Xbox would gain anymore then they have for locking this game down. It isn't going to make people buy more Xbox consoles or sign up for gamepass.

On the other side of the coin, the devs have everything to gain ($$$) by bring it to other consoles.

It low key would be wild playing this on a Switch but I would be here for it.

Mowcno

Craftopia still is. After 4 years.
It is also still in Early Access. Typically early access games are not allowed on PlayStation. Space Engineers, Ark, Valheim, Atlas, Craftopia, Palworld. All of these titles launched as early access and console exclusive to Xbox. Space Engineers and Ark only came to PlayStation after leaving early access.

Palworld will likely come to PlayStation while still in early access however as Yoshida has already shown with a tweet that they are interested in getting Palworld on the console soon so will likely remove any obstacles. Barring a paycheck from MS there's no way it's not coming, and the last time MS moneyhatted something was Stalker 2, years ago.

Last edited:

Gojiira

With such staggering sales figures, I can't imagine Microsoft wants to let that go. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to lock this game up or even acquire the developers outright.

It's pretty ironic that they got such a successful exclusive right on the heels of making one of their previously successful exclusives, Hi-Fi Rush, a multiplatform game. What may happen is that they brand it as an Xbox game even if it makes it to other platforms.

Of course, they should clear up any of the potential legal issues...
Its not published my Microsoft so yeah it will come to PS/Switch eventually

Holammer

Imagine the hilarity if Sony passed on the game?
But I think it's going to come on Playstation, the real Million Dollar Question is if it's going to be ported to Nintendo Hardware.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
These types of games aren’t super popular on console.
This one's been played by more people on Xbox than FFXVI on PS5.

I genuinely don't know if this is the kind of game PS5 gamers even want honestly. It will probably do well anywhere now after all the buzz, but if this launched exclusively to PS5 I bet it would have just been forgotten in a week. Not a dig at PS. I just don't see a ton of early access b-tier games blow up on the system. I think they typically prefer other things, as you suggested.

Imagine the hilarity if Sony passed on the game?
But I think it's going to come on Playstation, the real Million Dollar Question is if it's going to be ported to Nintendo Hardware.
Oh I'd love to see Nintendo get ostracized in this case. Being the only Pokemon platform and all and NOT getting this.

It will be hilarious to see them foaming at the mouth!!

Holammer

Oh I'd love to see Nintendo get ostracized in this case. Being the only Pokemon platform and all and NOT getting this.

It will be hilarious to see them foaming at the mouth!!
449.gifv

"Impossible port" on Switch 4 weeks from now. That would be Nintendo-on-brand.

Topher

Gold Member
This one's been played by more people on Xbox than FFXVI on PS5.

I genuinely don't know if this is the kind of game PS5 gamers even want honestly. It will probably do well anywhere now after all the buzz, but if this launched exclusively to PS5 I bet it would have just been forgotten in a week. Not a dig at PS. I just don't see a ton of early access b-tier games blow up on the system. I think they typically prefer other things, as you suggested.

Nah.....gamers on PS aren't that different from gamers on Xbox. We see the same games on both console's bestsellers list every year. Just a heck of a lot more gamers worldwide on PS. That's going to be the driving force getting Palworld on PS. Just like nearly every other third party game that is timed (console) exclusive to Xbox.

Last edited:
Nah.....gamers on PS aren't that different from gamers on Xbox. We see the same games on both console's bestsellers list every year. Just a heck of a lot more gamers worldwide on PS. That's going to be the driving force getting Palworld on PS. Just like nearly every other third party game that is timed (console) exclusive to Xbox.

Ponies are not similar to fucking rats

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I don't think they're really exactly the same. Indie games definitely sell best on Switch these days. EA games sell like crap on Switch usually. There's some differences. I think multiple indie devs have hinted at their games selling pretty poorly on PS lately.

I'm talking about a hypothetical alternate reality with Palworld launching on PS5 so it's just my opinion and I'm not claiming any proof, but that's the sense I get. Meet your Maker launched on PS+ and I don't recall even seeing a single conversation about it. I'm not expecting it be some viral hit, but there just seemed to be no interest. Very little conversation about Tchia. Stuff with better production values like Stray and Sifu were definitely hyped though. Solar Ash and Jett, nothing. High on Life biggest 3rd party GP game of all time in 2022. Launched on PS and I haven't seen a single conversation about it. Most things are similar of course, but I think the audiences diverge a little bit.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Played != bought (that played stat includes Xbox One, Xbox Series, Xbox Gamepass, PC Gamepass and Windows store). When did they reveal sales of FFXVI?
I was responding to a comment talking about popularity. Claiming it's typically not a popular genre on consoles is true, but that definitely just changed so I gave a comparison for context. FFXVI sales I thought were estimated around 3.5 million early on, so they've gone up a bit from there I'm sure, but not 7 million. I think FFVIIR just hit around 7 million.

Mr Moose

I was responding to a comment talking about popularity. Claiming it's typically not a popular genre on consoles is true, but that definitely just changed so I gave a comparison for context. FFXVI sales I thought were estimated around 3.5 million early on, so they've gone up a bit from there I'm sure, but not 7 million. I think FFVIIR just hit around 7 million.
Pokémon is very popular on consoles.

Topher

Gold Member

Cats out of the bag now. Plenty of money waiting from PlayStation sales that are not going to be hampered by subscriptions.

I don't think they're really exactly the same. Indie games definitely sell best on Switch these days. EA games sell like crap on Switch usually. There's some differences. I think multiple indie devs have hinted at their games selling pretty poorly on PS lately.

I'm talking about a hypothetical alternate reality with Palworld launching on PS5 so it's just my opinion and I'm not claiming any proof, but that's the sense I get. Meet your Maker launched on PS+ and I don't recall even seeing a single conversation about it. I'm not expecting it be some viral hit, but there just seemed to be no interest. Very little conversation about Tchia. Stuff with better production values like Stray and Sifu were definitely hyped though. Solar Ash and Jett, nothing. High on Life biggest 3rd party GP game of all time in 2022. Launched on PS and I haven't seen a single conversation about it. Most things are similar of course, but I think the audiences diverge a little bit.

Switch is vastly different than Xbox and PlayStation as far as bestsellers go. As far as PS, this isn't some rarely talked about indie that has a hard time making its presence known on the PS store. This is a massively popular game that has a lot of attention. When it comes to PS, it will sell gangbusters.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
As far as PS, this isn't some rarely talked about indie that has a hard time making its presence known on the PS store. This is a massively popular game that has a lot of attention. When it comes to PS, it will sell gangbusters.
Read my comment more closely.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I'm sure it will come out on playstation eventually, but it looks like MS are sending the Ninjas to get the xbox version up to speed.

Microsoft deserve props for finding this gem, but I'm sure the Sony crowd will get to enjoy it. Could just buy it on steam though.

Top Bottom