• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Palworld remain an Xbox exclusive?

Mr Moose

I own all PS consoles plus and xbox series s, switch and a PC
1252075516_Invasion_of_the_Body_Snatchers.gif

mdkirby

do you realize how many copies at $30 you’d have to sell to hit billions in revenue?

Canadian Lol GIF

To be fair, anyone piping up to claim a game already referred to as a ‘third party game’ isn’t really an xbox game has to be In the feels. Or doesn’t understand what ‘third party’ means.

It’s doing quite well on GamePass. That should be a good thing for all concerned.
Yeah, not far from 20 million units.
do you realize how many copies at $30 you’d have to sell to hit billions in revenue?

Canadian Lol GIF

To be fair, anyone piping up to claim a game already referred to as a ‘third party game’ isn’t really an xbox game has to be In the feels. Or doesn’t understand what ‘third party’ means.

It’s doing quite well on GamePass. That should be a good thing for all concerned.
yeah, not far off 30 million units…it’s already sold 7 mil on xbox, where it’s also “free” on gamespass. Many third party games have been selling 4 times more on PlayStation. It’s also cross gen, so it’s not just cutting out ps5 players but also ps4 players. It’s a huge number, sure, but given its popularity and current numbers it’s not a totally unrealistic number. One also has to assume there’ll at some point have additional monetisation routes in the form of dlc/expansions or even post early access microtransactions (tho I think the latter less likely). If they wanted to lock it down they’ll have had to do it before it launched and blew up, which currently doesn’t seem to be the case (tho I wouldn’t be surprised to eventually find out they bagged a year exclusivity as part of the gamespass deal).

Ozriel

M$FT
yeah, not far off 30 million units…it’s already sold 7 mil on xbox, where it’s also “free” on gamespass. Many third party games have been selling 4 times more on PlayStation.

I think you’re unfamiliar with the game industry if you think that there are many third party games not FIfA or COD that are selling over 28 million copies on PlayStation alone.

Not just that, your 30 million copies estimate is wrong. Game devs or publishers take 80% from storefronts at best, so you’re looking at over 40 million copies to hit one billion USD revenue to the developer.

MarkMe2525

What I have hooked up across my 65 inch and 27 inch CRT: Genesis, PS2, PS3, PS4, XSX, Xbox 360, Wii, Snes Classic I also have 4 retro handhelds.

In Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping eyes, I turn tricks for dope

Last edited:

Bkdk

There is no way this could come close to pc version since consoles won’t come with mod support.

Topher

Gold Member
I genuinely like listening to most. You are hilarious, your posts genuinely bring a smile to my face ya dumb blue snake.

Topher, moose both great posters too and I never have bad feelings about their posts against me to be honest. I welcome it because I know they speak sense.

My problem is I use over exaggerated words sometimes and that doesn't come across well on the Internet. If we were all shooting the shit with each other I think it would be a good set of nerds talking gaming to be honest.

I never have hard feelings because really I'm a nintendo fanboy lol 😆

Well....you are also a Microsoft guy and there is really nothing wrong with that. I'd say just lay off the "you people" talk. As Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping said pretty well, I "belong no where". :messenger_beaming:

Stuart360

I came in to post my feelings on the question (which i cant be bothered anymore to be honest) and like 80% of the posts in the thread are poeple moaning because the OP dared to call the game 'Xbox Exclusive', when he obviously meant console exclusive.

Come on guys ffs.

Topher

Gold Member
I came in to post my feelings on the question (which i cant be bothered anymore to be honest) and like 80% of the posts in the thread are poeple moaning because the OP dared to call the game 'Xbox Exclusive', when he obviously meant console exclusive.

Come on guys ffs.

Eh.....but you are just adding to that discussion and not getting back to the OP so......

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Stuart360

Ok well my feelings are there is no quick answer to the question.
With how the game has blown up like it has, the devs will want to wait to see how big it can go as the bigger it is the more money they could get off MS. And MS will probably want to wait a bit and see the games staying power before making what would have to be a very sizeable offer. There have been games like this that have blown up and died very quickly.

I dont expect MS to try and buy the studio though. This could very well be a flash in the pan and the studio (who are now rich) may just drift into nothingness.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
No but I bet will pay to keep the marketing rights as well as keeping the game on Game Pass and off of PS Plus.

They won't need to pay to keep the game off PS+. Game sales will do that. MS may need to ante up a bit more if they want to keep it on Game Pass long term though.

//DEVIL//

They won't need to pay to keep the game off PS+. Game sales will do that. MS may need to ante up a bit more if they want to keep it on Game Pass long term though.
it could be on game pass forever considering the admission price inst high in the first place for the game. The deal they made could be forever too. lots of 3rd party games on gamepass never leave.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
it could be on game pass forever considering the admission price inst high in the first place for the game. The deal they made could be forever too. lots of 3rd party games on gamepass never leave.
I was shocked to see Yakuza Like a Dragon was still on there. I’m gonna pick it back up and finish it.

Topher

Gold Member

Or it could be it is only slated to be on Game Pass during early access. No way to know. But unless sales somehow tank, I imagine that the game will be leaving Game Pass at its earliest opportunity. This isn't a typical third party game on Game Pass by any stretch.

Last edited:

fersnake

cmon guys plz, ppl are acting like MS created this game or founded it. pretty much sure it was released it on xbox just because as an early access game its more easy to publish it there. unless MS offer some kinda deal but with all the things are happening right now i really dont think they can throw more money.

Top Bottom