• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Palworld remain an Xbox exclusive?

Topher

Gold Member
I'll restate for clarity. In its current form. Palworlds "early access" is exclusively available on xbox, in the console space. Developers must sign an agreement with MS to bring their games to gamepass. So atm, MS's agreement with the publisher of Palworld to bring the gane to gamepass, has lead to a situation where the only console where you can play Palworld is on Xbox.

Atlus signed an agreement with Xbox to bring Persona 3 to Game Pass and yet the game is also on PS5. The difference here very well may be simply that this game is in early access. We don't know any details.

Edit: I see you just clarified. All good.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

Well that was boring I wanted to fight
I take it all back.

What are you stupid or something?Obviously, if money didn't exchange hands between the publisher and MS, we wouldn't be seeing Palworld on Xbox. The gamepass deal was lumped into that agreement. It's obvious, it's clear, any other perspective is stupid and can only come from a place of either ignorance, or from the whining of a Sony/Nintendo fanboy

I take it all back.

What are you stupid or something?Obviously, if money didn't exchange hands between the publisher and MS, we wouldn't be seeing Palworld on Xbox. The gamepass deal was lumped into that agreement. It's obvious, it's clear, any other perspective is stupid and can only come from a place of either ignorance, or from the whining of a Sony/Nintendo fanboy

Hell yeah insult me more retard

Aion002

This plus other comments, why do they happen when...

God of War, The Last of Us, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank... etc. are on PC, makes no sense, they're still known as PS exclusive franchises regardless.
Not for some:

FFXVI will be released on pc... One day.. so it doesn't count as a ps exclusive.

Starfield was released day one on pc, but since pc = windows = microsoft = it's an xbox exclusive.

Jessica Youre Wrong GIF

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Hmmm, can you play Palworld on a Switch or PlayStation console atm? If the only console you can play it on is an Xbox, wouldn't that mean that it is currently "exclusive" on consoles? Was this precluded by MS signing a deal to bring palworld early access to Gamepass?

How am I wrong again?
The only console that can native run the game =/= console exclusive, exclusive to that console or whatever mental gymnastics you want with the word exclusive.

MarkMe2525

Hell yeah insult me more retard
You pretend it's supposed to be ironic, but I know if you could walk around in the outfit shown in your avatar, without being mocked and laughed at, you would live in it. You would eat it in, sleep in it, I would say fuck in it, but we know that never happens. You probably don't shower anyways, so hygiene wouldn't be a problem.

Eventually, your fanboy ass would die, and when that time came, the mortician would find that somehow your Sony suit became a part of you. It would become intertwined with what used to be your skin (In your mind, this would be glorious). So it would stay, and the time for your funeral would arrive. Your family would line up to pay their respects (if they had any), and as they walked up to your casket, they would look down at you.. and think to themselves, "what an idiot".

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

The only console that can native run the game =/= console exclusive, exclusive to that console or whatever mental gymnastics you want with the word exclusive.
Yes, if a game is only playable on an specific console, it is "console exclusive". That seemed harder then it needed to be, but you got it.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
It's a great opportunity for Xbox, they should make it happen. It seems like they're not utilizing this situation enough.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Are there any other gaming consoles were you can play it? I don't see what is productive about pretending "console exclusive" isn't a term that has been used on GAF since 2017.
The term "console exclusive" is just as nonsense as calling it also "PC exclusive".

MarkMe2525

The term "console exclusive" is just as nonsense as calling it also "PC exclusive".
Do you understand what it means, I assume yes. That quite literally means it is not "nonsense". When someone says something is "lit", are you immediately confused when you don't see a fire? It's how language works and evolves. You are free to choose what turn of phrases you like. This is a "you" problem, not a "me" problem.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Microsoft nailed a hit here and people still trying to downplay its success on xbox.

This game is one of the biggest phenomenona if not the biggest phenomenon since pubg, for a smaller studio that came out of no where. It's not doing something completely new but smashed ark, pokemon and rust together and created something addictive and immensely popular.

But no, it's not any success for Microsoft that their gamepass team found this game, secured a deal and support for xbox and gamepass...

But no, xbox can't do anything right so it must be downplayed.

Mr Moose

Microsoft nailed a hit here and people still trying to downplay its success on xbox.

This game is one of the biggest phenomenona if not the biggest phenomenon since pubg, for a smaller studio that came out of no where. It's not doing something completely new but smashed ark, pokemon and rust together and created something addictive and immensely popular.

But no, it's not any success for Microsoft that their gamepass team found this game, secured a deal and support for xbox and gamepass...

Don't they have plenty of early access games on there?

Topher

Gold Member

This isn't Microsoft's hit at all. Just like Baldur's Gate 3 wasn't Sony's hit. You trying to use this game to lavish Microsoft with praise is no different than anyone downplaying the game.

As far as Palworld is concerned, there is nothing to downplay. The game is a massive hit.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

If Microsoft bought them up, the studio would suffer the Microsoft Curse™️ and not release anything for at least 5 years thereafter.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Don't they have plenty of early access games on there?

On gamepass? I think they have a number that their team must be keeping an ear to the street and picking up deals for

This one paid off big tike and blew up. They still deserve props for it.

It's like a record label picking up a new artist and suddenly the album they drop is fire and takes the world by storm. Props to the person that gave them a shot.

Now everyone clearly wants a piece of the action and the studio can maybe make some demands.

Balders gate 3 made xbox change their console requirements. Maybe this game will change sonys early access policies?

GHG

Didn't see you stanning for craftopia this hard.

Strange.

It's like a record label picking up a new artist and suddenly the album they drop is fire and takes the world by storm. Props to the person that gave them a shot.

They aren't the publisher of this game.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

On gamepass? I think they have a number that their team must be keeping an ear to the street and picking up deals for

This one paid off big tike and blew up. They still deserve props for it.

Now everyone clearly wants a piece of the action and the studio can maybe make some demands.

Balders gate 3 made xbox change their console requirements. Maybe this game will change sonys early access policies?
So if a early access game on Gamepass bombs, they should get the blame for it huh? If not, no, they shouldn't get props for adding an early access game to Gamepass.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
This isn't Microsoft's hit at all. Just like Baldur's Gate 3 wasn't Sony's hit. You trying to use this game to lavish Microsoft with praise is no different than anyone downplaying the game.

As far as Palworld is concerned, there is nothing to downplay. The game is a massive hit.

You are blowing my comments well out of proportion. I'm not saying microsoft made this game. I'm saying the staff member that secured it for gamepass deserves some respect and microsoft did a good job at getting this. Yet we have people saying it won't have sold anything on xbox, it's only on xbox because their early access program is easier when it's clearly bullshit because someone secured the gamepass deal.

It's like many of the Sony crowd can't handle that they did something right....then port beg for it.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

You are blowing my comments well out of proportion. I'm not saying microsoft made this game. I'm saying the staff member that secured it for gamepass deserves some respect and microsoft did a good job at getting this. Yet we have people saying it won't have sold anything on xbox, it's only on xbox because their early access program is easier when it's clearly bullshit because someone secured the gamepass deal.

It's like many of the Sony crowd can't handle that they did something right....then port beg for it.
You almost had me until that edit.

Topher

Gold Member

Nah.......I'm not. You need to make this about Microsoft and you also need to make this about the "Sony crowd". Frankly, it doesn't sound like you give a shit about the actual game at all.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
So if a early access game on Gamepass bombs, they should get the blame for it huh? If not, no, they shouldn't get props for adding an early access game to Gamepass.

Hahaha, this game has got you lot acting crazy.

So, a platform holder shouldn't give developers a chance and shouldn't be rewarded or given any praise for giving said developer a chance?

Why would you blame a platform holder if a game is bad, I'm not praising microsoft for the quality of this game. I'm saying they deserve props for securing it.

Jeeesus, it's not difficult.

Mr Moose

So, a platform holder shouldn't give developers a chance and shouldn't be rewarded or given any praise for giving said developer a chance?

Why would you blame a platform holder if a game is bad, I'm not praising microsoft for the quality of this game. I'm saying they deserve props for securing it.

You lot? I own the game.
No, they shouldn't get props for adding an early access game that just happens to be successful to their GP.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Nah.......I'm not. You need to make this about Microsoft and you also need to make this about the "Sony crowd". Frankly, it doesn't sound like you give a shit about the actual game at all.

I've got like 60 hours on it. What are you talking about. I'm playing the game.

The props go to the dev for making it but some props for ms for getting the game.

Like say if foamstars was the next big thing and took the world by storm....you people wouldn't be saying "great get by sony for securing this game on ps plus"?

Even if it was also on steam?

What are we even doing here.

You lot are crazy man. I'm done. So disingenuous

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member

Right....cuz this game would not exist if it were not for Game Pass.

Oh wait....

GHG

Sorry, but this kind of gross exaggeration and overstating everything Xbox is involved in is the reason why the platform is where it is. I don't know why it's impossible to just see things for what they are and enjoy the game, but no, everyone has to suffer this crap in every thread related to the game.

GIF by Christmas FM

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
So, can we all agree that maybe MS deserve some props for having a clearly decent, on par with steam and pc early access program to let this game onto their eco system and game pass?

That's all that's stopping the game from being anywhere else right now and they are benefitting from it.

Topher

Gold Member
I've got like 60 hours on it. What are you talking about. I'm playing the game.

The props go to the dev for making it but some props for ms for getting the game.

Like say if foamstars was the next big thing and took the world by storm....you people wouldn't be saying "great get by sony for securing this game on ps plus"?

What are we even doing here.

You lot are crazy man. I'm done.

And if you came in this thread praising the dev then I'd be right there with you, but no, that's not you. It's all about Microsoft. Even your last post, just now, you are resorting back to this "please praise Microsoft" nonsense.

And I've already said Foamstars looks like shit to me. I don't have the need to lavish every single thing associated with PlayStation with praise, like you do with Microsoft. So how about putting away your "you people" bullshit? You are just talking out of your ass my man.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

-1604664833636.jpg

I am sorry. But Console exclusive is not a fanboy term like some of you are suggesting as companies are using it, and No it PC doesn't count. PC is another form of media just like how a TV can play games is another form of media.

PCs and consoles are not in the same category.

Can I play the game Palword somewhere outside of Xbox ecosystem ? yes sure. but as far as home consoles under your TV goes ? its exclusive to Xbox for now as much as spider man is to PS5.

Last edited:
Top Bottom