• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Forbes]There’s Little Doubt Microsoft Will Try To Buy ‘Palworld’ And Pocketpair At This Point

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Nintendo waiting for MS to acquire the IP/Studio like:
page hop GIF

Yeah no way should they buy them, just to get sued the next month.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Trust me, Nintendo doesn't want that smoke either. IP suits very much favor the big fish. It's a weak case to begin with but any chance they would have had would depend on exhausting their resources and bullying them to settle. MS's involvement would change that dynamic entirely.

Ribi

How old are you?

Your favorite game is literally factually dying over night as we speak. 🤣 you clearly have no concept of time or numbers.

You keep bringin up games that have been around for years like its some sort of gotcha, the game is 3 weeks old and has lost almost 75% of its active players. Literal 100s of thousands per day. How you cant see the graph in your head with the big arrow pointing down baffles me. Im guessing its the math they teach kids in schools these days 🤷‍♂️

Please never become an actuary or a financial advisor 🤣
well i guess lethal company is from 2002 then. Maybe you should actually read what you write. I've already gatcha theres no need to pretend on this side, you've already lost. At this point youre tossing a fit praying that the kids these days are wrong and palworlds will crash and burn so you can smugly stand on its corpse and say "see i was right kids, i was always right! listen to me!" as there is no one around.

take the bet, come on, kid.

StueyDuck

well i guess lethal company is from 2002 then. Maybe you should actually read what you write. I've already gatcha theres no need to pretend on this side, you've already lost. At this point youre tossing a fit praying that the kids these days are wrong and palworlds will crash and burn so you can smugly stand on its corpse and say "see i was right kids, i was always right! listen to me!" as there is no one around.

you still make comparisons that make absolutely no sense, if anything you should be a politician because you spew nonsense, lethal company didn't have 2MILLION ccu players and it didn't lose 1.4MILLION players in less that a month after release. again if you can't understand stats then that is ok, it's not for everyone. The numbers, whether your palworld people like it or not are heavily pointing in an extreme drop off, again almost 75% of your players abandoning your game in less that one month... this part you seem to struggle with so i'll help... in less than 30-31 days (a month) Palworld lost more than half of it's audience, it continues to lose players everyday, in the 100s of thousands. Anyone who thinks that is great and cool and good business then i've got news for you.

You need to go back to Twitter

palworld people are weird

Last edited:

Gojiira

See, the big obvious issue that eludes all the morons is Palworld being built with stolen assets and extremely questionable designs…Until that is resolved, there is no chance Xbox will do anything, unless they seriously want to be the company that went to war with Nintendo. Quick way to kill the brand…

Ozriel

M$FT
How old are you?

Your favorite game is literally factually dying over night as we speak. 🤣 you clearly have no concept of time or numbers.

You keep bringin up games that have been around for years like its some sort of gotcha, the game is 3 weeks old and has lost almost 75% of its active players. Literal 100s of thousands per day. How you cant see the graph in your head with the big arrow pointing down baffles me. Im guessing its the math they teach kids in schools these days 🤷‍♂️

Please never become an actuary or a financial advisor 🤣

Not only is your vendetta for this game kinda weird, you’re completely incorrect that the game has lost nearly 75% of the playerbase. Even if you’re doing that ‘analysis’ with daily peak concurrents, today’s peak is visibly higher than 25% of the all time peak. And that’s not unheard of for popular games as players begin to mix in other titles in their daily play.

Baldur’s Gate 3 was down to 25% of its all time peak concurrents within 2 months. Does that make the title a failure too?

I don’t expect it to have the staying power of something like Fortnite or Minecraft, but how many games get that? Palworld will get content updates that should keep a very respectable playerbase running for quite a while to come. Dismissing it as a ‘dying fad’ makes no sense

Ribi

you still make comparisons that make absolutely no sense, if anything you should be a politician because you spew nonsense, lethal company didn't have 2MILLION ccu players and it didn't lose 1.4MILLION players in less that a month after release. again if you can't understand stats then that is ok, it's not for everyone. The numbers, whether your palworld people like it or not are heavily pointing in an extreme drop off, again almost 75% of your players abandoning your game in less that one month... this part you seem to struggle with so i'll help... in less than 30-31 days (a month) Palworld lost more than half of it's audience, it continues to lose players everyday, in the 100s of thousands. Anyone who thinks that is great and cool and good business then i've got news for you.

You need to go back to Twitter

palworld people are weird
It's called X and I don't even own palworld stop assuming things.

Take the bet come on, kid

Nydius

Take the bet come on, kid

You sound like someone way too emotionally invested in this game and come across as pathetic and desperate.

Ain’t no one taking your pathetic ass “bet” because dropping from 600k CCUs to 60k CCUs in a months time isn’t the “win” you think it is. If the game goes from an all time peak of 2.1M all the way down to 100k or less in under two months, that’s a fad game that is dying no matter how much you want to spin it.

Ribi

You sound like someone way too emotionally invested in this game and come across as pathetic and desperate.

Ain’t no one taking your pathetic ass “bet” because dropping from 600k CCUs to 60k CCUs in a months time isn’t the “win” you think it is. If the game goes from an all time peak of 2.1M all the way down to 100k or less in under two months, that’s a fad game that is dying no matter how much you want to spin it.
I win either way. I can argue and spin it however I want, all I had to do was place a number and meet it. I can sound however you want, truth is he really doesn't seem to understand that most games never even come close to 50k daily and are still considering having a healthy community.

StueyDuck

I win either way. I can argue and spin it however I want, all I had to do was place a number and meet it. I can sound however you want, truth is he really doesn't seem to understand that most games never even come close to 50k daily and are still considering having a healthy community.
Truth is that you can't understand simple math 🤣.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Is this one of those thinly veiled gaslighting stock manipulation articles that the main stream media propagates so their masters can dial in their high frequency trading algorithm?
I can't believe this society platforms this garbage.

First I thought the same thing about YouTube, then about Roblox, but here we are.

Last edited:

darrylgorn

chad-warden-come-on-now.gif

Majukun

does it really make sense to buy palworld?

sure it is a success, but there's little "proprietary" in it, the monsters are literal pkmn rips off and the mechanics for what i played so far are generic survival game with some botw elements.

And i don't think the brand has some huge recognition except for the controversy around the game

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Kids and I love this YouTuber and his video on Palworld leaves me wondering what in the fuck do people find interesting about this game, it looks absolutely awful unless played for shits and giggles

Lupin25

Funny, considering Pocketpair’s now deleted tweet about industry consolidation.

Hopefully, with each passing week as Palworld gains success (especially once momentum rolls again when it’s dropped on PSN), the chance of that grows slimmer.

Last edited:

Ribi

Whatever makes you happy big boy.

Palworld people 🤣. The new undertale gamer
Thanks man, winning feels great. I hear they've hiring maybe you can apply. Odd though how a dead studio is hiring but at least I'll have comfort you'll be out of a job by next month if you're accepted

StueyDuck

Thanks man, winning feels great. I hear they've hiring maybe you can apply. Odd though how a dead studio is hiring but at least I'll have comfort you'll be out of a job by next month if you're accepted
I think it's past your bed time.

StueyDuck

StueyDuck StueyDuck

24hr peak 118k

Where you at?
pretty much no one took you on your bet because it was dumb, lets make a real bet, how long till they regain 1million concurrent players? remember when they "apparently" had 1mil players every day, two months later and they lost 2 MILLION players, think you have taken the Big L here.

helldivers 2 still remains at 300k and has barely dropped, almost proving my point from the very beginning that palworld was just a fad

Also if we are talking numbers here: 100k is not far off from 60k like your proposed value considering the game had, again can't stress this enough, 2MILLION ACTIVE CONCURRENT PLAYERS a day. so again you haven't really "won" anything here, it just did slightly less worse.

Last edited:

JackMcGunns

I wonder if they've ever considered actually making a game instead?

I find these comments amusing…So when Sony buys a Studio, it’s called “organic” the reasoning is the studio was already in their ecosystem so it’s natural, but if MS attempts to buy Pocket Pair, a studio who’s already part of Xbox’s ecosystem, that’s suddenly Bad! MS can’t make their own games…

Sony was a hardware company of TVs, Radios and the Walkman, they had no business in games until they partnered with Nintendo to make a CD drive for them, they are where they are today because of acquisitions over time. How can people not see the hypocrisy? Nintendo and Sega made their own games, Sony and MS bought the studios that make theirs.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
I find these comments amusing…So when Sony buys a Studio, it’s called “organic” the reasoning is the studio was already in their ecosystem so it’s natural, but if MS attempts to buy Pocket Pair, a studio who’s already part of Xbox’s ecosystem, that’s suddenly Bad! MS can’t make their own games…

Sony was a hardware company of TVs, Radios and the Walkman, they had no business in games until they partnered with Nintendo to make a CD drive for them, they are where they are today because of acquisitions over time. How can people not see the hypocrisy? Nintendo and Sega made their own games, Sony and MS bought the studios that make theirs.
Nintendo was making games since when? Why making false equivalences between unnamed Sony acquisitions and a possible purchase of a Japanese studio that outside of using Xbox products, don't really have any links with them? Think of it that way: Sony got to great lengths to make Kojima studio a reality. If one day they decide to buy it we will consider it "organic". Microsoft is working with Cristal dynamics since the 360 with Tomb raider. A lot of people did not understand why they have not tried to purchase them. If you can't understand the difference between that and Pocket Pair...

People see the hypocrisy, they just make stupid excuses to try and differentiate it from when others do it because of console warz.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Palworld has gained and lost a million players in the time frame of a week, that's over 50% of their big surge they had.

MS would be dumb to purchase it or the studio. It was a tiktok social media fad, you would be smarter buying someone like pubg Corp or one of those studios if all you want is Asian made game with lots of players.

Palworld will be dead within a month most likely
Also palworld will probably be sued at some point here. I’m confident that Nintendo’s ninjas are currently investigating ways to close them down.

own games, Sony and MS bought the studios that make theirs.

When Sony makes a studio GROW and go from AA to AAA that's what you call "organic".

Examples: Housemarque - Returnal, Arrowhead - Helldivers 2 (no Sony studio, but heavily invested by them); Kojima Productions (no Sony studio, but used Sony's assistance, Decima engine, etc ; Shift-Up, Stellar Blade, much bigger in scope thanks to Yoshida / Sony.

When you buy a profitable big publisher is quite the opposite. You are not making bigger but smaller by firing people left and right while not improving an iota of their current or future projects.

See the difference?

JackMcGunns

When Sony makes a studio GROW and go from AA to AAA that's what you call "organic".

You mean like what Microsoft is doing with Ninja Theory? The studio described how many ideas they had envisioned for the original Hellbalde, but couldn't be realized wtih their previous limited budget, but thanks to Microsoft, they're bringing all those ideas to Hellbalde 2 now. So based on what you described, Microsoft acquiring Ninja Theory and putting out Hellbalde 2 should be considered organic... the problem is, even though it fits your exact description, it's not something you considered because of clear bias.

You mean like what Microsoft is doing with Ninja Theory? The studio described how many ideas they had envisioned for the original Hellbalde, but couldn't be realized wtih their previous limited budget, but thanks to Microsoft, they're bringing all those ideas to Hellbalde 2 now. So based on what you described, Microsoft acquiring Ninja Theory and putting out Hellbalde 2 should be considered organic... the problem is, even though it fits your exact description, it's not something you considered because of clear bias.
Outside of graphics, Hellblade 2 looks to play exactly like Hellblade 1. They have not seemed to change the gameplay loop at all

If Hellblade 2 were bigger in scope (something comparable to GOW), then yes.

MS could have invested in Moon Studios and StudioMDHR (Cuphead) and then buy them, that would have been organic.

Last edited:

JackMcGunns

Outside of graphics, Hellblade 2 looks to play exactly like Hellblade 1. They have not seemed to change the gameplay loop at all

There it is! I was expecting that very reply. So what else is Microsoft supposed to do? The studio literally says that thanks to Microsoft, they're able to bring what they couldn't do before with the game. Microsoft is giving them FULL financial support and all the creative freedom that they need to make whatever it is that they envisioned, but noooo, I'm going to base my opinion on a trailer and not give any credit to Microsoft. That's exactly what I'm talking about right there, zero acknowledgement when MS does things, it's the so called Xbox tax.

you realize that MS failed with NT on Hellblade 2, right?

Can you elaborate?
is just by the fact that HB2 is a 7 hours game that took more time to release than their contemporaries's sequel (Raganarok, H:FW or Spider-Man).

The way they have talked about the game and what they have shown suggests that it is going to have a very limited scope, something that should have been released 2.5 or 3 years ago.

In other words: it seems like MS is falling these studios to make game faster or/and bigger with their infinite resources.

Top Bottom