• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg: Microsoft Buying Nintendo Would Have Been a Disaster

Trunx81

Miyamoto: "We would have loved to make a Mario game for the next generation, but the Series S held us back."

Seriously, this is the same company that had it´s head saying that the iPhone holds no future.

Crayon

In one paragraph they were talking about buying Nintendo and valve. That should send shivers down your spine. As enthusiasts, we'd be f***** in the long run.

And I think there's an infinitesimally small number of people who genuinely want this out of pure self-interest of getting the games on game pass. There's a lot more hiding behind that. I'd say it's safe enough to assume anyone supporting this is a raving fanboy. It's one thing to be pining for revenge against sony, another for revenge against the whole industry.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
Microsoft out here single-handedly saving the gaming industry & keeping devs in check.

Sk4isb4.jpg
I exclusively buy discounted games now.

zedinen

Bloomberg still hasn't realized that Nintendo and Microsoft are allies. Their common enemy: SIE, the market leader

Nintendo joined forces with Microsoft (10-year deal in 2022) when SIE tried to stop Microsoft’s Activision acquisition.

Nintendo is still around because PSP and Vita flopped; SIE was busy trying to save its home console business, decimated by Xbox 360.

Nintendo knows that SIE will never launch a direct competitor to Switch successors as long as Xbox exists.

Microsoft has been a boon to Nintendo.

Woopah

Bloomberg still hasn't realized that Nintendo and Microsoft are allies. Their common enemy: SIE, the market leader

Nintendo joined forces with Microsoft (10-year deal in 2022) when SIE tried to stop Microsoft’s Activision acquisition.

Nintendo is still around because PSP and Vita flopped; SIE was busy trying to save its home console business, decimated by Xbox 360.

Nintendo knows that SIE will never launch a direct competitor to Switch successors as long as Xbox exists.

Microsoft has been a boon to Nintendo.
Nintendo did a deal with MS (a deal which Valve and Sony have also signed) to get COD. It wasn't about a "common enemy".

Nintendo knows they don't need COD to have a bigger userbase than PlayStation.

It's like saying Ford's future doesn't lie with cars, because MS have a fledgling Segway hire business.

The only way they'd get Nintendo content is if they made a Nintendo compatible home console. If they had any involvement in ownership / running the studios, even down to hiring policies they would derail production as quickly as they have elsewhere.

Xbox need to money hat games asap instead of purchasing and wrecking studios.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

Miyamoto: "We would have loved to make a Mario game for the next generation, but the Series S held us back."

Seriously, this is the same company that had it´s head saying that the iPhone holds no future.
What does Balmer have to do with MS today? I wasn't a fan of the guy, but I just don't understand the comparison

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Being owned by Microsoft is death.

They have the worst, most cynical and soulless company culture of any major tech firm to arise in my 4+ decades on this Earth

Xbox is my main console, but I completely agree with this take. Nintendo is doing great on their own. I would hate for a big politically correct company like Microsoft to squeeze the creativity out of them

Neo_GAF

Banned
i really hope ms destroys activision and blizzard.
both were great companies.
but now both are shit and bobby kotick simply has to die before these 2 can redeem themselves.

Unknown?

i really hope ms destroys activision and blizzard.
both were great companies.
but now both are shit and bobby kotick simply has to die before these 2 can redeem themselves.
Those companies were already headed for ruin. You can't just put all your eggs in one basket! Eventually all games lose popularity and when a new trend comes and COD isn't as popular, they'll be scrambling, but it'll be too late.

Top Bottom