• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was the first game you got the platinum trophies/all achievements for?

220px-Days_Gone_cover_art.jpg

I don’t “go” for trophies. They just happen. I only have seven platinum.

It seems my first was Days Gone.

Aenima

1st Trophy was in Super Stardust HD (PS3)
1st Platinum was from Little Big Planet (PS3)

Its rare for me to get Platinum trophies now, but during the PS3/PS4 gen was something i liked to go for in many games. Have 86 platinum trophies. Last one was from Final Fantasy XVI

Last edited:

Gandih42

I remember thinking about going for some Platinum trophies back in the PS3 days but never did then.

My first one was Spider-Man on the PS4 some 4-5 years ago, found it quite enjoyable.

For most games I play nowadays I go for it.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I want to say Last Rebellion on ps3. A very long time ago. Working on my 179th platinum now, although I don’t particularly chase platinums like I did several years ago. I really only platinum games I really like now.

bkTBm9B.png

Last edited:

TheSweeper

I think the only game that I have all achievements for is Tales of the Borderlands.

I like getting achievements but I generally never 100% a game. Mostly because of achievements for playing on a harder difficulty. I like playing games on easy. I also don't do multiplayer stuff, so all of those achievements are also not for me.

intbal

I've never hunted achievements except for Elden Ring, which I got 100% on last year.
So I assumed that was the first one. Nope. The achievement tracker on my Xbox tells me I also got 100% in Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga.
I didn't look at the date, but I assume that was around 2015.

Nok Su Kow

Batman Arkham Asylum for PS3 back in 2009 I have 81 now plus about 10 "completed games" that didn't have platinum trophies but I got all the trophies

Last edited:
Uncharted 2 was actually the only game I got the Platinum trophy...

I did it, then said "I will never do this, ever again".

But I might in the future. It just wasn't fun. It felt rewarding at the end, but that's it...

Bond007

Some launch window 360 games.
I was rackin em in back in the early days. Kameo, King Kong, Tomb Raider etc etc.

On Playstation- not sure. Def one of the early ones.
I love to hear trophys ding- but i dont actively go for them unless im enjoying the replayability. Which generally seem to be Insomniac games for me lately.

Last edited:

Monokrom

First 100% was Linger In Shadows on PS3. 2008-10-11

First Platinum was Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection on PS3. 2009-03-29

R6Rider

Gold Member
I think it was the first Uncharted for me as well.

Either that or inFamous.

Last edited:

Sethbacca

I've only done it once, by accident, with Rocket League. I've never liked the idea of companies treating trophy hunting nonsense as gameplay so I've always ignored it.

King Dazzar

This is like admitting I'm still a virgin (which I am of course) Despite gaming for over 40years, its Far Cry 6 on PS5. PlayStation has only been my main place to play for a couple of years and I've got 5 platinum's so far. I dont think I ever got any 100% ones on Xbox in the 7 years I rolled with them for.

Last edited:

Dr_Ifto

The first game I platinumed, i did all the DLC for too. Dragon Age Origins. That game needs a remaster.

HAYA8U5A

Xbox: Not 100% sure since sites like ExoPhase don't seem to track the dates properly that far back. Also seems I played offline a lot back then and 360 must not have had offline timestamps (At least early on). Would have been a 360 launch game but I have 100% in a bunch of those. Would guess Madden 06 or NHL 2K6. Whatever it was would have been the first overall too obviously since trophies came later.

Playstation: Can track all this easier since trophies and trophy sites seem to track better. First 100% was Linger In Shadows which didn't have a Platinum and then the first Platinum was WWE Legends of Wrestlemania on PS3. First 100% and Platinum on Vita was Resistance Burning Skies. First 100% and Platinum on PS4 was LEGO Movie The Videogame. First 100% and Platinum on PSVR was Bravo Team. First 100% and Platinum on PS5 was Astro's Playroom. Been slacking with PSVR2. A few like Brain Beats I only need 1 trophy to wrap up so guess I should.

Steam: Appears to be 1... 2... 3... KICK IT! (Drop That Beat Like an Ugly Baby) with it's whole 1 achievement :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Last edited:
I've never really gone for achievements. Looking up my records my first 100% was Sacred 2, the last 100% was Mass Effect 2. I've since switched to PC gaming.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
What is it that makes people go for thropys at all? For me they are a waste of time and they have nothing to do with the game. I mean yeah som thropys comes by just playing the game naturally but other then that i dont understand. For example, im playing granblue fantasy right now, and i have grinded so i have all terminus weapon and have fully upgraded 4 of them, and that feels like something that will help me ingame but there are no thropys or something for it. But if i do some shit like go undamaged from a specific fight there ia one, but why in the whole world would i even think about doing that? I just dont understand why, that is all!

Thropy’s 🤣

Melchiah

Resogun - PS4

After that it was Driveclub, Bloodborne, and God of War 2018. Never bothered with trophies before or after that really.

The same for me, on all four counts.

Plus, inFAMOUS: Second Son & First Light, The Order: 1886, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Journey, Abzu, Hellblade, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Town of Light, Let It Die, Astro's Playroom, Control, Remnant: From the Ashes, Horizon Forbidden West, God of War Ragnarok.

Roberts

Man, I think I got my first 1000/1000 only a few years ago. Went through the whole ps360 era and most of last gen without bothering to get them all.

Never managed to get a single Plat. The first 1000/1000 I got for (let me check TrueAchievements) Tesla vs Lovecraft in 2018. Now I have fully completed close to 50 games.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Japanese version of Yakuza 3, which is still the hardest one I've ever completed. You had to beat the arcade quiz game, which meant you had to read and comprehend Japanese within a short time limit, and write the answers IN JAPANESE. Really stretched my Japanese reading and writing skills for that one.

Top Bottom