• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Scars Above

Ok so this game probably never had a party. I bought this recently on sale for $10(might still be on sale) and loved it. It’s a 3rd person sci-fi shooter, switching between guns with different elemental powers and dodging. No cover system. It’s pretty linear but does a good job making it seem not linear. The story is good, not great. Not to give away too much but it involves a more advanced alien species and how they used AI. The facial animations are crap.

But I think where this game went wrong was an asking price of $40. I took a chance with it at $10 and now that I played it and got the platinum, I would have easily paid $20-30.

The game also uses the haptics well on ps5/portal. Word of advice if you get it and want to do the platinum, I think there’s only about one missable trophy and I missed it. The game deletes your save and starts over once you roll credits. So I had to play like an hour or so of a second playthrough to get the platinum.
So when you’re in the last chapter, go ahead and view the hidden details of the trophies. Also it counts playtime even when paused. If you’re someone that wants an accurate playtime, close out the game. It has me at about 40 hours. It’s definitely more like 10 hours, cause I was stubborn and didn’t bump down the difficulty for awhile.

It’s a great smaller game to play before Rebirth.

Last edited:

Denton

Bought this in the latest humble bundle, gonna try to finish it before Horizon 2 comes out. Played Wanted Dead just before, seems I am on a female protag kick at the moment.

Bought this in the latest humble bundle, gonna try to finish it before Horizon 2 comes out. Played Wanted Dead just before, seems I am on a female protag kick at the moment.
I think I bumped down the difficulty at parts of it. No shame. Ha! It’s a great stackable game with elemental guns. I’m currently playing Hellblade which is also kinda a AA smaller game space and so far the gameplay of Scars Above is a lot better.

Top Bottom