• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was the first game you got the platinum trophies/all achievements for?

Mondai

Finally did it , never really tried seriously before I finally got the platinum for a game (Persona 3 Reload).

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, if my memory doesn't fail me.

Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

Either Armored Core 4 or Radiant Silvergun - both on the 360.
And they weren't easy to get.

These days I could case less about trophies/achievements.

Darchaos

What is it that makes people go for thropys at all? For me they are a waste of time and they have nothing to do with the game. I mean yeah som thropys comes by just playing the game naturally but other then that i dont understand. For example, im playing granblue fantasy right now, and i have grinded so i have all terminus weapon and have fully upgraded 4 of them, and that feels like something that will help me ingame but there are no thropys or something for it. But if i do some shit like go undamaged from a specific fight there ia one, but why in the whole world would i even think about doing that? I just dont understand why, that is all!

nowhat

My first trophy/achievement capable console was PS4 (I did have a 360, but it was bought used, modded and subsequently banned) - it was the Telltale Game of Thrones game. You get platinum by playing through the game, once.

Three

Burnout Paradise, platinum earned November 2008. second one was Uncharted Drakes Fortune the following month.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, if my memory doesn't fail me.
same
or maybe Bayonetta on 360.

What is it that makes people go for thropys at all? For me they are a waste of time
Fine. Not everyone must like the same things.
Some like an artificial challenge. Trophies are a tracker and also official go-out-of-your-way challenges. People never required these, it was just an additional offer, but talented or crazy people did already these eg Souls with a guitar hero controller or whatever. Just for challenging themselves and in the case of "content" creators some internet clout and those precious clicks.

xrnzaaas

I don't remember if I reached 100% Gamerscore in any of the 360 games, because I didn't care about achievements back then and I also had the "offline" model. ;)

I will to have go with PS4 - The Wolf Among Us as the first (almost) automatic platinum and Infamous First Light as the first legit one.

The crappy movie tie-in game for Saw. All you had to do was play through it 1 and a bit times on hard difficulty and that was it. You got all bar 1 of the trophies from 1 playthrough, only one left was to do the curb stomp to so many enemies and there weren't enough enemies in the campaign to do it in 1 run.

Next one was Ghost Of Tsushima. That one at least required effort and was a great game, which helped.

Sleepwalker

Tales of Symphonia was the first game where i did absolutely everything, Mario Kart double dash and Melee too. Of course this was before trophies/achievements.

I never really cared for them, only one I have is walking dead and I think you get it just for beating the game.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
What is it that makes people go for thropys at all? For me they are a waste of time and they have nothing to do with the game. I mean yeah som thropys comes by just playing the game naturally but other then that i dont understand. For example, im playing granblue fantasy right now, and i have grinded so i have all terminus weapon and have fully upgraded 4 of them, and that feels like something that will help me ingame but there are no thropys or something for it. But if i do some shit like go undamaged from a specific fight there ia one, but why in the whole world would i even think about doing that? I just dont understand why, that is all!

Fast And Furious Everytime GIF by The Fast Saga

Södy

Must be Tomb Raider: Underworld on the 360 (without the DLCs). Second was Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Finally did it , never really tried seriously before I finally got the platinum for a game (Persona 3 Reload).
Get your name up on the wall!

My first was drakes fortune remastered back in 2015. Now have 40 platinums.

bd08luW.png

I just see it as a meta game. I don’t platinum every game I play or get obsessive with it. But I enjoy the aspect of extracting more value out of games, even if some of them are tedious. Different strokes for different folks.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Didn't own a 360 so nothing there. I don't actually know the exact dates on my first Steam achievements because the records are messed up and many say October 10th 2007, the day after The Orange Box launched.

But I did get all HL2 Episode 2 achievements including playing the entire game holding a garden gnome, and at the time every TF2 achievement - last one was 10 kills on a single sentry. Quaint looking back now.

Maddux4164

Toy Story 3
Xbox 360

No shame. Was such an amazing game. Super underrated. Also the collectibles take time.

Spent 40+ hours getting 1000/1000

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Binding of isaac rebirth, it's the only game that was worth it because you unlock items all the way through the plat.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I was never much of a trophy chaser but I did it for the Spider-Man games, and also a couple Llamasoft titles.

Killjoy-NL

Infamous: Second Son.

But only because it was piss-easy and it's the only game I bothered getting Plat because of it.

Elysium44

Banned
First completion on Xbox was NFS Most Wanted (2005) which was a simple one of just completing the story. First platinum was Resident Evil 5 on PS3.

I have just seven platinums, and whether some people consider it silly or not, I still take pride and satisfaction in having got them in games like TLOU Remastered (including all the multiplayer factions trophies), Days Gone and Resident Evil Revelations 2 (only 0.2% have completed that one).

Quillerz

Neo Member
Bloodborne. And I’ve only ever platinumed that and Sekiro.

Mainly because getting a platinum is beating all the bosses, getting all the endings and finding all the weapons. Theres very little filler.

Most games I feel like I could platinum but some trophies seem like a massive waste of the players time. After completing spider man 2 I toyed with the idea of getting all the trophies but I really wasn’t bothered scouring a map to find things - there’s no challenge to it. I know I could do it if I wanted so I don’t see the point in wasting my time actually doing it.

Zheph

It depends on the game, they don't all have those kind of trophies that are a bit random. For God of War for example, if you just 100% the game you will have the platinum trophy.

I found trophies to be fun so I am not sure why it could bother anyone

Fbh

The very first is The Walking Dead, because you got it automatically by playing the game.

The first and only one I actually got intentionally was Bloodborne

ReBurn

Gold Member
i don't think I've collected all of them in any game ever unless you get them all for just playing through the game from start to finish. Never was a hunter like some people are.

SCB3

I'm not an achievement/trophy hunter so mine were all accidental, however

• WWE Legends of Wrestlemania - And the first to do so Worldwide as I got the game nearly a week early
  • Batman Telltale 1 and 2, you have to just finish the game
  • God of War 2018
  • Spiderman - both were for 100% which I did in a playthrough
  • Spiderman 2

Holammer

Maybe I have some on the PS3? I dunno, I seldom 100%, but my first on Steam seems to be a simple platformer called Spoiler Alert, played it less than two hours. So I'm going to ignore it. First game I made the effort in and enjoyed the 100% grind for was 1001 Spikes. Great little game.

Hades, Terraria & Stardew Valley are some newer games with 100% completion.

hkADuuQ.jpg

Top Bottom