• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Fall TV shows will you be watching? - 2014 Ver. + A Look at the New Fall Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Yeah, while making the OP for it I discovered that people are really, really, really looking forward to it. Go figure, people want to see babby Batman.
I really want to see Kittygirl standing on rooftops not saying a word.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Any chance of TWD's premier breaking any rating records?

Each season premiere has been bigger than the last, but it's hard to say whether or not the show has peaked. A lot of people thought that it peaked during season 3 but then season 4 came along and shattered its records. It does kind of feel like maybe the show peaked last year, plus, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of hype going into this season, but who can really say?

You mean the biggest show of last couple years? Yeah...what a waste..lol.

Right? For 1.7 mil an episode they could have made 5 House of Cards. Which brings us back to Gotham which will be cancelled after 2 episodes because Fox - I mean, Netflix payed 2 million dollars an episode for 2 episodes? lol someone needs fired over there.

PhineBuyM3

Just read the Op, AHHH!!! THERE'S TOO MUCH NEW SHIT!!

Anyways, I'll be watching:
Person of Interest
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
The Blacklist
New Girl
Sleep Hollow
Arrow

For the new shows:
The Flash
Blackish
Stalker

Wiktor

Right? For 1.7 mil an episode they could have made 5 House of Cards. Which brings us back to Gotham which will be cancelled after 2 episodes because Fox - I mean, Netflix payed 2 million dollars an episode for 2 episodes? lol someone needs fired over there.

Damn...no need to drill it in this hard just because I didn't notice you were sarcastic before :D

And LETS NOT FORGET, that every show Netflix produces is an instant hit right? They've never produced a show that doesn't do well and recoup costs and win awards, right?
Netflix should just shut down. They've had a good run.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Damn...no need to drill it in this hard just because I didn't notice you were sarcastic before :D

:3

And LETS NOT FORGET, that every show Netflix produces is an instant hit right? They've never produced a show that doesn't do well and recoup costs and win awards, right?
Netflix should just shut down. They've had a good run.

Who even cares about TV? They should spend all that money on securing more movies.

And that's like 10 Fireflies.

Fuck Netfox.

Netflix made a deal with Fox for Arrested Development season 4 and now Gotham, so it's clear they have a really good relationship with each other. I think Firefly season 2 is gonna happen.

Returning:
The Good Wife(!!!!!)
Arrow
Person of Interest

Definite New Shows:
The Flash
Gotham
Constantine

Eyeing Cautiously:
Red Band Society
Homeland
The Walking Dead

Everything else, if I hear good things I'll watch.

Really happy about the buzz on comicbook shows, especially Constantine. Love the IP, the showrunner made by favorite tv series of all time and the pilot was really good. Hope this will deliver and stay on the air for years to come.

Uhh.. Dexter?

Vert boil

It's been a pretty good summer for TV, with "The Leftovers," "Halt and Catch Fire" and "You're The Worst" among the highlights
nnf1fskg9.gif

"It's been a pretty good summer, with *lists three shows ranging from terrible to barely passable* as highlights..."

If those are the highlights then I need a new hobby. Thankfully they weren't.

I'm pretty sure the actual audience for this show are creeps who want to see a young teen girl cosplay as Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman.
Just what are you implying about the TCA?
"It's been a pretty good summer, with *lists three shows ranging from terrible to barely passable* as highlights..."

If those are the highlights then I need a new hobby. Thankfully they weren't.
You're the Worst is pretty damn good. I wouldn't call the other two highlights.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I heard some impressions of Marco Polo from someone whose tastes are questionable and inconsistent, so I can't make much of that. But it sounds like it features a ton of nudity and lots of potentially difficult to understand accent work.

Just what are you implying about the TCA?

They know who they are!

I will never be able to get passed the premise for Gotham. Even if I tried, I know I couldn't give it a fair shake. It's wrong to me on so many levels. All the story problems that come with prequels, missing the point of what made Gotham Central so compelling*, the daily adventures of child Bruce Wayne, etc. It's more like Dick Tracy with all the Batman trappings reminding you of better scenarios.

And yeah, what they seem to be going for with young Selina Kyle reads icky to me. Young girl running around doing the same 'sexy' cat poses and they seriously couldn't have found a more dead-on ringer for Michelle Pfeiffer unless they cloned her.

*Police working under the shadow of Batman and his influence on the city, not simply police versus wacky rogues.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I heard some impressions of Marco Polo from someone whose tastes are questionable and inconsistent, so I can't make much of that.

oooh how many episodes did they see?

But it sounds like it features a ton of nudity

It was originally in development at Starz, so no surprise there.

and lots of potentially difficult to understand accent work.

Good thing Netflix has subtitles :3

Choomp

Banned
Parks and Rec and The League. Needa find a good drama to watch, nothing on now in that category really interests me all that much.

Wes

venison crêpe
I'm pretty hyped for Glue which airs on Monday. Whilst it's not getting a lot of attention in the media, the little that it has had seems to be positive. I think this could be a snowball of a show that more and more people end up watching.

JohnGrimm

Person of Interest
The Blacklist
Sleepy Hollow
Scorpion
Gotham
NCIS + LA

Most of these start next Monday. What the fuck network TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom