• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Fall TV shows will you be watching? - 2014 Ver. + A Look at the New Fall Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaCy

I feel like I'm watching too much, might wait for a few of the season to be over to watch.

The Mindy Project
The Big Bang Theory
Gotham
Once Upon a Time
Selfie - Hate the title, but I really liked Karen Gillian in this.
Gracepoint - I already watched Broadchurch, but more scruffy David Tennant is never a bad thing.
Bob's Burgers
Marry Me(more Penny!)
American Horror Story: Freak Show
Supernatural

New

- Forever
- A to Z
- Survivor's Remorse
- The Affair
- Marry Me
- Constantine
- Olive Kitteridge
- Marco Polo
- Benched
- Togetherness

Returning

- Sons of Anarchy
- The Big Bang Theory
- Modern Family
- Hawaii Five-0
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- The Walking Dead
- The 100
- Two and a Half Men
- Ground Floor

Maybe

- Z Nation
- Red Band Society
- Madam Secretary
- Gotham
- Black-ish
- Stalker
- Bad Judge
- Ascension
- DIG
- The Librarians

As always depending on reviews and other people's recommendations this list will change.

Vert boil

So Houdini started last night,

Delightfully bad. Everything is so over played and heightened.

houdini8lfj9i.gif

ohNOitsRO

Watching this repeat of Houdini, just accidentally caught it on History.

I stayed for Adrien Brody, and it's not bad.. It's enjoyable, especially if you enjoy stage magic

Only two episodes? That's cool with me. I'll be watching part deuce at 9

Hmm. Actually is this one of those long two part movies or a series? I might be confusing the second part of the season premiere as the ending of a biopic

RPGCrazied

Once Upon a Time and Big Bang Theory, Walking Dead. I would say Game of Thrones and Vikings, but those aren't until next year.

Ohhh, another zombie show! Z Nation..... but wait, SyFy and Sharknado creators? Yeah, this is going to suck and be like a low budget Walking Dead ripoff, I'll give it a chance though.

Sober

OMG Ratsky! Watch Brooklyn Nine-Nine super fast! I just got my sister into watching it today. Little did I know all I needed to do was remind her Andy Samburg was in it (apparently he is her type, lol?)

New:

The Flash
Jane the Virgin
Constantine
Gotham
Reign (I need to watch Season 1 as well)
Selfie (John Cho and Karen Gillen are actors I like quite a bit, so I wanna give it a few episodes before deciding whether to stick with it or dump it)
Gracepoint
Benched
Marco Polo
The Librarians (the movies were trash, but they were fun trash)

Returning:

Person of Interest
Arrow
Hannibal (2015/Midseason)
Sleepy Hollow
Teen Wolf (2015/Midseason)
Haven
Brooklyn 9-9
Agents of SHIELD
Shark Tank
Castle
The Mentalist
White Collar
Supernatural
Elementary

jrDev

Oh my gawd at Mr Pickles preview...haha...

New:
Gotham
Flash
Stalker
Scorpion
HtGAWM
Star Wars
Red Band Society

Old:
Arrow
SVU
Supernatural
Blacklist
Grimm
Sleepy Hollow
Vampire Diaries
Originals
Scandal
White Collar
The 100
Walking Dead

Mr. Tone

I think Danger 5 series 2 is coming out in October, if you wanted to add that to the list

I know I'm looking forward to it!

2.1 "Merry Christmas Colonel"
2.2 "Johnny Hitler"
2.3 "Revenge of the Lizardmen"
2.4 "Un Sacco Di Natale (A Sack of Christmas)"
2.5 "Super Dead"
2.6 "Back to the Fuhrer"
2.7 "Welcome to Hitlerland"

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
The Stalker show's advertisements are creepy as shit.

Amazing Race is on Fridays now? =/

Was it on Fridays last season? I can't even remember

I watch too many shows these days, thanks 500GB PVR lol

I'm going to need a spreadsheet to keep track of all the premieres

Returning
Castle
Person of Interest
Sleepy Hollow
Walking Dead
Grimm
Haven

New
Genuinely not sure.....Probably wait for the initial culling to take place before jumping into anything.

Vico

Too many, to be honest.

New stuff:
• Gotham
• Gracepoint
• Constantine
• The Flash
• A to Z
• Agent Carter (if that counts as Fall 2014)
• Star Wars Rebels

Returning shows:
• Mindy Project
• Brooklyn Nine-Nine
• New Girl
• American Dad
• Supernatural
• Arrow
• Big Bang Theory
• Community
• The 100
• Walking Dead

Planning on starting these soon:
• House of Cards
• House of Lies
• Parks and Recreation
• Agents of SHIELD

And I still need to end Breaking Bad, Chuck and a few others.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Syfy airing Bryan Fuller's (Hannibal) cancelled TV pilot 'High Moon' as TV movie

Syfy, which earlier this year passed on Bryan Fuller’s High Moon pilot, is repackaging the 90-minute opener as a TV movie.

An adaptation of John Christopher’s 1969 young adult sci-fi novel The Lotus Caves, the project — penned by Jim Danger Gray (Pushing Daisies) — is set in a future in which the countries of Earth have established colonies to mine the moon’s resources. However, chaos erupts after a new life form is discovered.

'High Moon' will air on Sept. 15 at 9/8c on Syfy.

Sweet!

Downton Abbey
The Voice (maybe)
Gotham (giving it a shot)
Modern Family
Grey's Anatomy
Shark Tank
Homeland
The Flash
Supernatural
Arrow
American Horror Story: Freak Show

I might watch The Affair just to see Dominic West, though.

Raxus

September

Sunday, 14

American Dad - Fox - 9:30/8:30c

Wednesday, 17

Red Band Society - Fox - 9/8c

Sunday, 21

Downton Abbey - ITV - 9pm

Monday, 22

Gotham - Fox - 8/7c

Sleepy Hollow - Fox - 9/8c

Tuesday, 23

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - ABC - 9/8c

Wednesday, 24

Black-ish - ABC - 9:30/8:30c

South Park - Comedy Central - 10/9c

Key & Peele - Comedy Central - 10:30/9:30c

Sunday, 28

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Fox - 8:30/7:30c

Monday, 29

Castle - ABC - 10/9c

October

Friday, 3

Star Wars Rebels: Spark Of Rebellion - Disney XD - 9/8c

Sunday, 5

Bob's Burgers - Fox - 7:30/6:30c

Tuesday, 7

The Flash - The CW - 8/7c

Monday, 13

Star Wars Rebels - Disney XD - 9/8c

Tuesday, 14

Marry Me - NBC - 9/8c

TBD Fall

American Dad - TBS

Black Dynamite - Adult Swim

Surprising amount of shows to watch. Thank god for B99's new time. Will check out Marry Me, Star Wars: Rebels, The Flash, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Thanks Captain America!), Black-ish, Gotham (going to suck), and Red Band Society.

- THR: Fox's 'Gotham' Named Most Promising New Show by TCA
As a new slate of shows prepares to launch this week, the Television Critics Association has selected the most promising series of the fall season in its second annual poll.

Fox's buzzy crime drama, which details the origins of Comissioner James Gordon, was named the most promising new show of the upcoming season, followed by The CW's quirky dramedy Jane The Virgin and Showtime's provocative drama The Affair.

In addition to the most prestigious honor, Gotham topped the drama category. The Affair landed in second place, inching ahead of ABC's sexy new legal thriller and Viola Davis vehicle How To Get Away With Murder by one vote.

In the comedy race, ABC's coming-of-age family sitcom Black-ish starring Anthony Anderson and Lawrence Fishburne edged out Jane the Virgin (again, coming in at No. 2) and NBC's modern dating farce A to Z.

In a landslide, Jane the Virgin star Gina Rodriguez, recently featured as THR's "Next Big Thing," was voted potential new breakout star, with over four-times as many votes as runners-up Grant Gustin, of The CW's latest superhero venture The Flash, and Gotham villain Robin Lord Taylor.
Gotham?

TheOddOne

Yeah, while making the OP for it I discovered that people are really, really, really looking forward to it. Go figure, people want to see babby Batman.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Adobe: Five New TV Shows Getting Most Online Buzz; It’s Crickets For The Rest

Only five new shows are attracting notable positive social-media interest through late summer, even though fall TV season debuts are just days or weeks away, says a new Adobe study.

(For comparison, Adobe has been charting the social-media heat around big films for a few years now. Gaffney and her colleagues say they’ve had a perfect record the past two years predicting which summer blockbusters will be successful, based on the number of social mentions and sentiment around each film 20 days before its release.)

In fact, three of the most anticipated shows are based on superhero franchises: Constantine, Gotham and The Flash. Another is a spinoff of one of TV’s highest-rated shows, NCIS: New Orleans. And then there’s the outlier, How To Get Away With Murder, which may have a very different advantage, its executive producer Shonda Rhimes.

All five shows have positive sentiment above 60 percent, led by Constantine, which has the highest positive sentiment and is most anticipated among social-media users. Gotham has the most international appeal, especially in the U.K., which bodes well for future syndication (and likely, future piracy) prospects.

More at the link.

Wiktor

Really happy about the buzz on comicbook shows, especially Constantine. Love the IP, the showrunner made by favorite tv series of all time and the pilot was really good. Hope this will deliver and stay on the air for years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom