• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Fall TV shows will you be watching? - 2017 Edition -

- Starz’ ‘Ash Vs Evil Dead’ Sets Season 3 Premiere Date
The 10-episode third season of Starz’ original horror-comedy series Ash vs Evil Dead will premiere on Sunday, February 25, 2018 at 9 PM ET/PT.

Also, Future Man Trailer (Official) • FutureMan On Hulu
From Executive Producers Seth Rogen (Sausage Party, Knocked Up, This is the End) and Evan Goldberg (Preacher, Sausage Party, Superbad, Knocked Up), Future Man follows a janitor by day/world-ranked gamer by night who travels through time to prevent the extinction of humanity after mysterious visitors from the future proclaim him the key to defeating the imminent super-race invasion. Josh Hutcherson (The Hunger Games, The Kids Are Alright) stars as Josh Futterman, an uninspired and dejected gamer who quickly becomes earth’s unlikely hero. Eliza Coupe (Happy Endings), Derek Wilson (Preacher), Ed Begley Jr. (St. Elsewhere) and Glenne Headly (Don Jon) also star.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Suburra is out today on Netflix - has anyone managed to watch it yet? I haven't seen any reviews so I was curious to see how it turned out.

My shows starting this month are:

TWD
Stranger Things
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Shark Tank
The Mick
The Goldbergs
South Park
The Orville
Vice Principles

Shows I'm giving a shot:
The Gifted (Pilot seemed interesting)
Star Trek (Huge fan of the series and movies, I have to at least watch this)

berzeli

Banned
WTF?! HBO and Steven Soderbergh is doing a choose you own adventure show/app/thing?

Trailer.
Website.

Did not see this coming.

edit: wait, apparently this has been known for a while and I just missed it completely?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
WTF?! HBO and Steven Soderbergh is doing a choose you own adventure show/app/thing?

Trailer.
Website.

Did not see this coming.

edit: wait, apparently this has been known for a while and I just missed it completely?

You're not alone. If I knew about it before, I've completely forgot since. I saw that pop up in my feed and went "Zuh?"

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Trailer.
Website.

Did not see this coming.

los4tcy.jpg

KPJZKC

It's not listed in the OT (as I guess it just wrapped up with the last episode) but Get Shorty was excellent. Much better than I expected.

Interesting enough for having Roy from the IT Crowd in a serious/dramatic role, playing an occasionally menacing character.

Not really a representative image of this performance :p

berzeli

Banned
Cinemax is a joke:

Strike is now called C.B. Strike and heading to Cinemax in June for no good reason
Rellik is slated for April, and it's still pretty good with an amazing soundtrack.
Strike Back starts in February.
Outcast starts in July which is just incredible for all the wrong reasons.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It's not listed in the OT (as I guess it just wrapped up with the last episode) but Get Shorty

It wasn't listed in the fall thread because it premiered in August. It was in the summer thread though!

Cinemax is a joke:

Strike is now called C.B. Strike and heading to Cinemax in June for no good reason

I doubt Strike* is particularly compatible with Cinemax's new "high octane action" initiative, but I'm glad they're at least bothering to find stuff to actually air. This is what they should have been doing all along.

*Strike, C.B. Strike - both are poor names for a new show airing on the Strike Back network. People are totally going to think they're connected.

Outcast starts in July which is just incredible for all the wrong reasons.

(per Deadline)

Is there a future for Outcast beyond the upcoming second season? It is expensive, and, because its U.S. airing comes more than a year after the season was filmed, the options on the cast have long lapsed. Still, Antholis said he had recently discussed Outcast’s prospects with executive producer David Alpert. “We’re trying to give it its best platform,” Antholis said. “Ramping up our new slate of shows, and all the promotion that’s going into it, hopefully, will give it a runway.”

As part of the effort, Cinemax will replay the first season of Outcast, which premiered in 2016, on Cinemax and make it available on HBO Go and HBO Now leading to the second season.

Because the show is so expensive, “part of the consideration in doing that will be, what are the constraints, are there other co-production opportunities that maybe have a more efficient impact,” Antholis said.

Expensive, actor's contracts have expired, no critical buzz, tepid audience reaction (people who watched the new season seem pretty lukewarm on it), other co-production opportunities that would definitely have a much bigger impact...

Shit is dead. Move on.

Also, I thought this was interesting:

I hear there are already discussions underway about a second installment of Tales From the Tour Bus. Cinemax brass plans to use it as a calling card, rebroadcasting it in time slots adjacent to its new series to telegraph to viewers its renewed emphasis on fun shows.

Okay!

KonradLaw

Cinemax is a joke:

Bizzare. Altough I guess they will air the new episodes alongside BBC? And they really should have just renamed it into Cormoran Strike.

Anyway, great series, If you guys like detective shows this one is a must.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Is Longmire ending for real this time? Lol.

KonradLaw

Is Longmire ending for real this time? Lol.

Yeah. Shame. Novels keep on chugging and mostly delivering in spades and the show has really improved on Netflix.

Maybe Netflix could adapt Jo Pickett Series to replace Longmire. Especially since Wind River has been so warmy recieved and it's pretty much Jo Pickett movie in anything but name :D

kevin1025

Banned
Teaser trailer for Steven Soderbergh and Scott Frank's Netflix series Godless
And boy is it a tease!
Starts November 22. (slow down Netflix, how am I supposed to find the time to do anything else?)

The Alienist Official Trailer #2
Man those images by Jakob Verbruggen are just so good, U really hope the rest of the show matches them.
Starts January 22, 2018

Godless looks fantastic, even if the tease is quite a tease. The fire in that one burning wreckage shot looked a bit funny, but maybe it was just the color grading playing tricks on my eyes.

The Alienist looks pretty good, too, definitely looking forward to that one.

gforguava

Nice to see The Alienist finally getting a date, been looking forward to that for what seems like ages.

And another western is always a welcome sight.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Nice to see The Alienist finally getting a date, been looking forward to that for what seems like ages.

And another western is always a welcome sight.

I read the book about the time it came out, but can't really remember much from it. The trailer looks interesting though.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
HBO is bringing its international original series to the U.S. for the first time.

Beginning in December, two programs from each of the regional outposts HBO Europe, Latin America and Asia will be made available on streaming services HBO Go, HBO Now and HBO on Demand. HBO Chairman and CEO Richard Plepler revealed the news during his keynote speech here at Mipcom this evening.

The programming that’s headed Stateside includes Czech Republic mini Wasteland and Seasons 1 and 2 of Polish series Pakt from HBO Europe. From HBO Asia, Taiwanese series The Teenage Psychic and the first two seasons of Indonesian/Thai series Halfworlds will be made available. And from HBO Latin America are Seasons 1 and 2 of El Hinotizador and the new Brazilian drama La Vida Secreta de la Parejas.

Source

KonradLaw

Patk is really good as far as HBO's polish productions go. Hope they will also bring Wataha to international audiences.

Just watched the first ep of the latest Chicago Fire season Nice jab at “not so many lawyers” on Chicago Justice getting cancelled lol

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

Trailer.
Website.

Did not see this coming.

You're not alone. If I knew about it before, I've completely forgot since. I saw that pop up in my feed and went "Zuh?"

Should have been following my updates in this thread ;) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1116599

I was seemingly the sole person on the Internet reading obscure interviews with Soderbergh and getting the scoops.

NKnight7

Neo Member
Can't wait for The Alienist, I've been in kind of a TNT mood lately after finishing (and loving) Claws. Watched Animal Kingdom season 1 and Good Behavior season 1.

Top Bottom