• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Fall TV shows will you be watching? - 2017 Edition -

Sadsic

Definitely:

Narcos
Bojack Horseman
The Deuce
Top of the Lake
Tim and Eric's Bedtime Stories
Channel Zero
Nathan for You
Bob's Burgers
Stranger Things
Search Party
Black Mirror
The Man in the High Castle
Mr. Pickles
Transparent

Maybe:

Gomorrah
Runaways
The Girlfriend Experience
Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency
Mr. Robot
This is Us
Better Things

Most of the maybes are cuz i havent watched previous seasons, but might be interested to catch up

yukonrye

The Deuce
Stranger Things
South Park
American Vandal
Punisher
Rewatch The Wire
Rewatch Game of Thrones
That Vietnam Doc looks good
TWD (last season when it hits netflix lol)
Inhumans (maybe all of the 1st episode)

TripOpt55

My list:

Returning Shows I'll Watch (most excited for the bolded)
You’re the Worst
The Good Place

Gotham
This is Us
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Modern Family
Mr. Robot
Jane the Virgin

The Walking Dead
Stranger Things
Life in Pieces
Search Party
Black Mirror

New Shows I'll Probably Watch
SMILF
Mindhunter
Star Trek: Discovery

Might try these too: Ghosted, Me, Myself & I, and The Mayor.

I'm sure there are some good shows I'm overlooking, so I will keep an eye on reviews and TV-GAF to make sure I catch whatever else is good.

Decado

Excellent thread as always, Ratsky. Not many new shows I'm super excited for, but a lot I will be happy with if they turn out well.

Those Netflix co-productions, though. Wow. Hopefully they are available in all regions (outside the "home" one of course).

Was hoping Altered Carbon would be out this year. Hopefully it isn't in trouble.

Soulfire

I've tried to cut a lot of shows this year, new shows I'm just going to try and if I like I'll keep watching, so here's my list:

The Orville
Fuller House
Star Trek Discovery
BBT
Lethal Weapon
B99
Modern Family
Will & Grace
Marvel's Inhumans
Ghosted
The Gifted
DC Legends of Tomorrow
The Shanara Chronicles
Supernatural
Jane the Virgin
Life in Pieces
The Crown
Doctor Who Christmas
3%
Psych the Movie
The Librarians
The Punisher

dLMN8R

Everyone without The Good Place on their list needs to drop what they're doing now and watch the first season on Netflix ASAP

Boogs31

Shows I'm Definitely Watching

Bojack Horseman
Top of the Lake: China Girl
The Deuce
Better Things
Vice Principals
The Good Place
Transparent
Brooklyn Nine Nine
Shark Tank
Last Man on Earth
Curb your Enthusiasm
Stranger Things
Search Party
Ash vs Evil Dead
Black Mirror
Doctor Foster
The Punisher

Shows I might watch if I get caught up

Mr. Robot (Only watched season 1)
Black-ish (Only watched season 1)
The Crown (Haven't seen any yet)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im basically down to only watching stuff on Netflix these days so lets see:

For sure

Mindhunter
Stranger Things
Lady Dynamite
Punisher (?)

Probably

The Confession Tapes (sounds interesting and I've been enjoying documentaries lately)
Fire Chasers (same reason)
Big Mouth (I like the teasers but will wait on reviews or word of mouth)

There are a lot of TBD Netflix shows on Ratsky's list I have never heard about tho so who knows. Also, im not sure what shows in my region have weekly eps concurrent with when their air in the states, so if any I watch do, ill watch those aswell (like Crazy Ex for example)

The Orville (more excited for this than Discovery), Tim & Eric's Bedtime Stories, The Good Place, Star Trek: Discovery, Brooklyn Nine-Nine (best comedy show on TV right now IMO), Will & Grace, Nathan for You, Marvel's Inhumans, Ghosted, The Gifted, The Mayor, Riverdale (guilty pleasure), Stranger Things, Marvel's Runaways, Me, Myself & I, The Good Doctor, Kevin (Probably) Saves the World, Philip K. Dick's Electric Sheep, Watership Down.

Most of these probably won't make it past the first episode, but why the hell not.

Pachimari

Thank you once again RatskyWatsky, I really appreciate what you are doing with these threads. If it weren't for you and a few others in this wonderful community, I probably wouldn't even have gotten into tv shows.

Gonna watch
- Final Fantasy XIV: Dad of Light
- Inhumans
- Gotham
- The Gifted
- Supergirl
- The Flash
- Legends of Tomorrow
- Riverdale
- Arrow
- Stranger Things
- Runaways
- Agents of Shield
- The Punisher
- Gap Year

Gonna check out
- The Deuce
- Riviera
- The Vietnam War
- Star Trek: Discovery
- Terrace House: Aloha State
- Valor
- Alias Grace
- The Confession Tapes
- American Vandal
- Sea Change
- Me, Myself & I
- Ghosted
- Suburra
- Dynasty
- S.W.A.T.
- The Lost Wife of Robert Durst
- The Long Road Home
- Future Man
- Godless
- She's Gotta Have It
- Kiss Me First
- Knightfall
- The Disappearance
- The Terror
- Damnation
- Mindhunter

Fuck, that's a lot.

I am definitely most excited for Gotham, The Gifted, Riverdale, Runaways and Agents of Shield.

DeviantBoi

These are the ones I'll be watching:

Narcos - Netflix
American Horror Story: Cult - FX - 10/9c
BoJack Horseman - Netflix
Fuller House - Netflix
Star Trek: Discovery - CBS - 8:30/7:30c
The Big Bang Theory - CBS - 8/7c
Young Sheldon - CBS - 8:30/7:30c
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Fox - 9:30/8:30c
The Goldbergs - ABC - 8/7c
Survivor - CBS - 8/7c
Speechless - ABC - 8:30/7:30c
Law & Order: SVU - NBC - 9/8c
Modern Family - ABC - 9/8c
Criminal Minds - CBS - 10/9c
Designated Survivor - ABC - 10/9c
Will & Grace - NBC - 9/8c
Club de Cuervos - Netflix
The Middle - ABC - 8/7c
The Flash - The CW - 8/7c
DC's Legends of Tomorrow - The CW - 9/8c
Mr. Robot - USA - 10/9c
Mindhunter - Netflix
Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency - BBC America - 9/8c
The Walking Dead - AMC - 9/8c
Stranger Things - Netflix
Mozart in the Jungle - Amazon
The Crown - Netflix
Doctor Who Christmas Special - BBC America/BBC One - 9/8c
Black Mirror - Netflix
The Punisher - Netflix

berzeli

Banned
Rellik, the BBC/Cinemax limited series has a trailer and is coming "soon"
lol if Cinemax airs this before Outcast, actually now that I think of it has Cinemax aired anything in terms of original programming since Quarry?
Full trailer for Damnation
It actually looks intriguing as hell. Not sure it will be any good but there is something there.

Also there is an OT for Top of the Lake: China Girl
, I'll make threads for The OA and Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams when the time comes. Might do The Terror and The Alienist if no one else steps up (I'm taking it for granted that someone will cover Mindhunter).

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Rellik, the BBC/Cinemax limited series has a trailer and is coming "soon"
lol if Cinemax airs this before Outcast, actually now that I think of it has Cinemax aired anything in terms of original programming since Quarry?

Rellik is coming next year to Cinemax, but yeah, I also wouldn't be surprised if they didn't air Outcast until sometime after.

And no, they haven't. The new animated Mike Judge series airs later next month though. (there's almost no information on it though, and no trailers or promo images. I'm skeptical that it even exists, to be honest)

Full trailer for Damnation
It actually looks intriguing as hell. Not sure it will be any good but there is something there.

I love westerns, so I'm really looking forward to both this and Godless.

Chris R

wow, nothing new at all from the big 4 for me

Have to go through the shows coming back to determine if there are any worth picking up or which I'll continue to punish myself with

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I thought Cinemax was going back to action shows? This looks like another crime series in a never ending sea of the things.

Still salty about Quarry. Cinemax has become a useless subscription we only keep because it is bundled here in Canada.

Same. Cancelling The Knick and Quarry was criminal. I don't know if I can trust Cinemax after they cut those shows.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I thought Cinemax was going back to action shows? This looks like another crime series in a never ending sea of the things.

It's supposed to be more in the vein of Hunted.

”We felt it was fresh, we felt it was intense. It's not a full return to the pulp of a show like Banshee or the adrenaline of a show like Strike Back, it's more in the Hunted kind of area of an intense thriller that is propulsive and deeply involving."

dcll

Banned
Narcos
The Deuce
Vice Principals
The Girlfriend Experience
Outlander
The Affair
Mr Robot
Curb Your Enthusiasm

I may be missing some

I am still butthurt that Quarry isnt coming back and I may be the minority but I liked Vinyl and wish it was coming back

Joni

I have clearly planned a CW-overdose with light touches from other networks. I'll drop newcomers if they prove unsatisfactory but I'll stick to this list quite consistent otherwise.

- Arrow
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- Dynasty
- Grey's Anatomy
- Riverdale
- Supergirl
- Supernatural
- The Big Bang Theory with potentially Young Sheldon
- The Flash
- The Simpsons
- Valor

I like the following shows based on descriptions, but I'll not watch them week to week. List can be considered more a shopping list. Any other show I might still buy at random, but these ones go to the Amazon wishlist.

- Babylon Berlin
- Con Man
- Liar
- Missions
- Sent
- Sick Note
- The Alienist
- The Deuce
- The Disappearance
- The Lost Wife of Robert Durst
- The Terror
- Watership Down

Quake1028

9/10
The Orville - Fox

9/17
The Vietnam War - PBS

9/25
Kevin Can Wait - CBS
The Brave - NBC

9/26
Lethal Weapon - Fox

9/27
SEAL Team - CBS
Designated Survivor - ABC

9/29
Big Mouth - Netflix

10/1
Ghosted - Fox

10/22
The Walking Dead - AMC

10/27

10/30
Superior Donuts - CBS

11/2
S.W.A.T. - CBS

11/22
Godless - Netflix

TBA
Alex, Inc. - ABC
Knightfall - History
The Punisher - Netflix
The Terror - AMC

Chitown B

September

Tuesday, 5
American Horror Story: Cult - FX - 10/9c

Wednesday, 6
You're the Worst - FXX - 10/9c

Wednesday, 13
NOVA - PBS - 9/8c
South Park - Comedy Central - 10/9c
Broad City - Comedy Central - 10:30/9:30c

Thursday, 14
Better Things - FXX - 10/9c

Sunday, 17
Vice Principals - HBO - 10:30/9:30c - Final Season

Tuesday, 19
The Jim Jeffries Show - Comedy Central - 10:30/9:30c

Wednesday, 20
Channel Zero: No-End House - Syfy - 10/9c

Friday, 22
Transparent - Amazon

Monday, 25
The Opposition With Jordan Klepper - Comedy Central - 11:30/10:30c

Tuesday, 26
Dancing with the Stars - ABC - 9/8c
This is Us - NBC - 9/8c
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Fox - 9:30/8:30c

Wednesday, 27
Modern Family - ABC - 9/8c

Thursday, 28
Will & Grace - NBC - 9/8c

October

Sunday, 1
The Simpsons - Fox - 8/7c
Curb Your Enthusiasm - HBO - 10/9c

Wednesday, 11
Mr. Robot - USA - 10/9c

Thursday, 12
Supernatural - The CW - 8/7c

Friday, 13
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - The CW - 8/7c

Saturday, 14
Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency - BBC America - 9/8c

Saturday, 21
The Watcher in the Woods - Lifetime - 8/7c

Sunday, 22
The Walking Dead - AMC - 9/8c
Talking Dead - AMC - 10/9c

Friday, 27

November

Wednesday, 1
Stan Against Evil - IFC - 10/9c

Thursday, 2
Life in Pieces - CBS - 9:30/8:30c

Sunday, 5
Shameless - Showtime - 9/8c

Sunday, 19
Search Party - TBS - 10/9c

Wednesday, 22
Godless - Netflix

December

Monday, 25
Doctor Who Christmas Special - BBC America/BBC One - 9/8c

My watching habits have pretty much tanked.

Outlander - with my wife. She watches it far more religiously than I do.
Stranger Things
The Walking Dead
Shameless
This Is Us - also with my wife, who finds it more interesting than I do. I'm worried it's gonna go full sap city here in S2.

New:
The Punisher
Star Trek: Discovery - provided I don't need to pay for CBS's stream to see it
Ghosted kinda looks like someone said "what if X-Files was a comedy?" so maybe I'll check that out. Maybe. But probably not.

berzeli

Banned
- Berlin Station S2 trailer

Did anyone check out the first season?
... look just because it is a spy show doesn't mean that I watched it.
However;

Berlin Station is a mediocre show with good ideas, Armitage is solid as the lead, Rhys Ifans was a joy, Sabin Tambrea was really good (not saying that because of the full frontal, but not like that hurt), and the play on double lives by contrasting the spy world with the LGBT life in Berlin was fairly clever.

But the dialogue was bad, the plot was all over the place, some of the supporting cast could have been improved by being literal cardboard cut outs instead of figurative ones, and it doesn't actually do anything that interesting with the contrast of LGBT/spies.

If you like spy fiction but haven't got anything else to watch, go right ahead (provided you have watched Le Bureau des Légendes which just is a much much better show)

If you like spy fiction but haven't got anything else to watch, go right ahead (provided you have watched Le Bureau des Légendes which just is a much much better show)
My plate is full, like usual, but I'll skip Berlin Station and make another note that I need to watch Le Bureau des Légendes at some point. Thanks.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Cinemax has finally uploaded some key art for Mike Judge's new animated show, which I've added to the OP. No trailer though, even though it premieres is just a little over a week...

RrHci6f.jpg

USA PR via Deadline:
SCRIPTED ORIGINALS (in order of air date)

MR. ROBOT–Season 3 Premieres Wednesday, October 11 at 10/9c
The critically acclaimed and Golden Globe®-winning MR. ROBOT follows Elliot Alderson (Emmy® Award winner Rami Malek), a cyber-security engineer who, along with Mr. Robot (Golden Globe winner Christian Slater) and fsociety, starts a revolution to change the world. Picking up immediately following the Season 2 cliffhanger, Season 3 will explore each character's motivations and the disintegration between Elliot and Mr. Robot. The series also stars Portia Doubleday, Carly Chaikin, Stephanie Corneliussen, Martin Wallström, Grace Gummer, Michael Cristofer, Bobby Cannavale and Emmy Award nominee BD Wong.

DAMNATION
Series Premiere Tuesday, November 7 at 10/9c

An epic saga about the secret history of the 1930s American heartland,DAMNATION centers on the mythic conflict and bloody struggle between big money and the downtrodden, God and greed, charlatans and prophets. The pilot introduces Seth Davenport (Killian Scott, ”71"), a man masquerading as a small town Iowa preacher in the hopes of starting a full-blown insurrection against the status quo. Focused on his mission, he is unaware that an industrialist tycoon has hired a professional strikebreaker named Creeley Turner (Logan Marshall-Green, ”Quarry") to stop the uprising by any means necessary. But unbeknownst to those around them, these two men already share a secret bloody past. The series also stars Sarah Jones, Chasten Harmon, Melinda Page Hamilton, Christopher Heyerdahl and Joe Adler. From executive producers Tony Tost (”Longmire"), Adam Kane (”American Gods"), James Mangold (”Logan") Guymon Casady (”Game of Thrones") and Daniel Rappaport (”Office Space") on behalf of Entertainment 360, the pilot was written and created by Tost and directed by and executive produced by David MacKenzie (Oscar® nominated ”Hell or High Water"). Universal Cable Productions co-produces the series with Netflix, who will have first-run rights to the series outside of the U.S.

ALTERNATIVE

CHRISLEY KNOWS BEST
Season 5.5 Premieres Tuesday, September 12 at 10/9c
USA Network's hit reality series CHRISLEY KNOWS BEST follows the entertaining lives of outspoken patriarch Todd Chrisley and his over-the-top Southern family, which includes his loving wife Julie, their charming, strong-willed children Chase, Savannah and Grayson, and Todd's beloved mother Nanny Faye. When the show returns for the back-half of Season 5 this fall, Chase celebrates his 21st birthday, Nanny Faye pulls an epic prank on Todd, Savannah hosts a fashion show and the family comes together as Julie awaits word on an all-too-familiar health diagnosis.

ACCORDING TO CHRISLEY
Series Premiere Tuesday, September 12 at 10:30/9:30c
Serving as the perfect nightcap for Chrisley fans, the new half-hour after-showACCORDING TO CHRISLEY will feature Todd tackling the truth about marriage, parenting, sex and relationships. With his tough love, sharp tongue and always humorous approach, Todd will interact with an audience, serving up quick-witted advice on a multitude of topics. Additionally, every episode will feature a member of the Chrisley family, as well as a celebrity guest. Confirmed guests include Ali Landry, Chris Jericho, Nicole Sullivan, Erika Girardi, Metta World Peace, Jason George, Christina Milian, Heather and Terry Dubrow and Carmen Electra. ACCORDING TO CHRISLEY is produced by Maverick TV and All3Media America, with Adam Greener, Simon Knight, Greg Lipstone, Corin Nelson and Todd Chrisley serving as executive producers.

THE CROMARTIES
Series Premiere Thursday, November 9 at 10:30/9:30c
For the first time in 11 years since being drafted into the NFL, Antonio Cromartie is a full-time dad. Terricka, his wife, loves having Antonio home to help raise their five, soon to be six, kids, but Antonio's OCD, intense competitiveness and his raising their kids the same way he would coach a football team may prove to be too much for the whole house! There's not exactly a playbook for parenting, but as a team, Antonio and Terricka are making their own rules. A Wilshire Studios production, THE CROMARTIES is executive produced by Justin Tucker and Art Lyons.
News of some relevance is Damnation being set for November.

Linkura

The Good Doctor- Not usually up my alley but giving it a chance because Freddie Highmore became an incredible actor over the Bates Hotel series.

The Exorcist- I got a feeling this season will be shit but I'll give it a shot anyway since I liked the first season.

Stranger Things- No explanation needed.

Top Bottom