• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you playing at launch on your next gen systems?

XSX I'm going to be concentrating on Cyberpunk 2077 for most of the time. Gamepass games will probly take all the rest of the time.
PS5 I still have not bought Ghosts of Tsushima I'll wait till it gets the PS5 treatment and lower price with all the added content before buying.
This assumes I can get my hands on either system by the end of the year.

RAIDEN1

Well I won't be buying the PS5 at launch, but as soon as Mass Effect Legendary edition comes out, I'll be playing it on the PS5, to see if there any extra bells and whistles to it so to speak, after that...Spiderman part 2 (even though yes I know its not an official sequel...!)

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
My PS4 games. Why? Mutli-game suspend feature. Worth $500 for that alone.

Sony hasn't confirmed this exists on PS5 at all, but if it does (which I hope) it might only work for PS5 games. The reason being that PS4 games can be run from external HDDs, and if multi-game suspend relies on loading the game again very quickly (it's not keeping several games in RAM at once) that obviously will only work from the SSD. But maybe the way it works is that the current RAM is written to the SSD, and in that case I guess it could work even if the actual game files are on an HDD.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
no idea, haven’t gamed in years. preordered the series x, will prob browse game pass and see what catches my eye. any suggestions would be great.

should I wait for series x release of cyberpunk?

Quasicat

Like the OP, I did not finish Gears 5 on the One X, so I’m waiting for that. Otherwise, I’m looking forward to seeing more of Medium and Fortnite running on the Series X.

Clarissa

Banned
Ps5

Demon Souls
Miles Morales
Ghost of Tsushima

Might get call of duty to experience 4k 120 FPS gaming on my LG C9.

kunonabi

When I get my Switch my first couple games will probably be Travis Strikes Again, Deadly Premonition(unpatched), Death Mark(unpatched), the Castlevnia Anniversary Collection, and the Ninja Warriors: Once Again.

Reactions: Isa

Hostile_18

Banned
When I get my Switch my first couple games will probably be Travis Strikes Again, Deadly Premonition(unpatched), Death Mark(unpatched), the Castlevnia Anniversary Collection, and the Ninja Warriors: Once Again.

Did they make Deadly Premonition worse in a patch? 🙈

lachesis

I think I will play Ninja Gaiden 2 for XSX, followed by Panzer Dragoon Orta. Also would be checking out Nier Automata, as I've never played Nier series before.

On PS5 - will most likely play what I'm still playing at that point on my PS4 Pro - depending on how well it performs. FF7 Remake / RE2 Remake / RE3 Remake maybe? Oh, I also recently bought Gravity Rush 2 - so I may install it on PS5, hopefully it would have better performance.

At this point, I don't have any specific title that interests me on purchasing it - Cyberpunk looks nice - so I will see which version performs the best between PS5 and XSX. Open world games aren't really my thing - (only one I truly enjoyed was BOTW).... I may check out Witcher 3 on Gamepass.

Right now, my interest lies with Game Pass and its offerings. I only played Yakuza 1-3 and Kenzan, so I may give the ones on Live (remastered Kiwami versions) a chance as well.

DavidGzz

PS5:
Astrobot (built in)
Miles
Demon's Souls
Ghost of Tshushima(will finish)
TLOU2 NG+
Godfall, I hope it's good.

XSX:
AC Valhalla
Cyberpunk
Gears 5 (never finished it on the X, will wait for the XSX upgrade to complete the campaign)
Forza Horizon 4
The Ascent
The Medium
Scorn
Dirt 5
Watchdogs Legion

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
I want to play PS4/Xbone games to see how they perform on the PS5/SX, especially the ones with dynamic res and fps.

Also, I want to check out that auto-HDR applied to Xbox/360/Xbone games.

Redlancet

Banned
On ps5? Cod, demons soul, asssins creed vahalla and Watchdogs legión

On xbox series x? Dont know maybe a old game of gears five to look what they have done

DavidGzz

no idea, haven’t gamed in years. preordered the series x, will prob browse game pass and see what catches my eye. any suggestions would be great.

should I wait for series x release of cyberpunk?

I would! Unless you have a an XB1X and you're ok with longer load times. I might do that to make the last few weeks of waiting for next gen more bearable.

hiro_x

Astro's Playroom then Spider-Man remastered since I skipped PS4. Probably try out Uncharted 4 or God of War as well, Miles can wait.

xion4360

PS5 Playthrough
Spider Man Miles Morales
Replay/try
Spider Man
The Last of Us 2

Xbox Series X Playthrough
Control
Resident Evil 3
Replay/try
Dead or Alive 6
Assasin's Creed Odyssey (finish)
Forza Horizon 4

I'll just keep working on my backlog because... Holy shit!.. Because I can!!! BC is without a doubt one of the best things this gen brought, if not the best!

Really looking forward to playing The Medium so hopefully it comes out sometime near launch.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I'm going to play the Halo collection, Cyberpunk 2077, Tetris, Metal Gear Solid HD collection, and Ninja Gaiden Black. I haven't owned an Xbox in a while, so I'm quite excited to finally be able to dive back into some of my favorite games with upgraded performance. I feel like I'm getting a great mix of old and new games to play, even though I'd still like one big next gen exclusive such as Playstation has with DS.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Still a bit far away, but I probably will be building a new PC much sooner than buying a new console, so I guess I'll be playing Cyberpunk or Doom Eternal once I have it.

KO7

XSX: CP2077, Street Fighter Anniversary, maybe Forza Horizon 4

If I can find a PS5 to buy: Ghost of Tsushima

For XSX,

Will continue to play:
- COD MW
- MCC
- Gears 5 (replaying)
- Destiny 2

Waiting for next gen to start them:
- Control (old crappy edition)
- Gears Tactics
- Star Wars Squadrons
- Cyberpunk2077

VALCON 82

WOW!! I came into thread to see how fast someone would post Skyrim. can't find it mentioned at all so far...

I don't know if I should be ashamed of GAF or maybe I'm just so proud... I'm not crying...

Top Bottom