• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you playing at launch on your next gen systems?

TeKtheSanE

XSX:
Yakuza: Like a Dragon
Cyberpunk
Bright Memory

PS5:
Nothing as I am going to wait to grab this console until something that I want comes out for it (Maybe Persona 6 or FF16 if I can't wait for timed exclusivity to die off)

ZehDon

Gold Member
Launch Day:
Gears Tactics
Doom Eternal
The Medium
Destiny 2: Beyond Light

Launch Window:
Cyberpunk 2077
Scorn

DinoD

PS5

Launch Day

Demon Souls (never played before)
DMC V SE (never played before)
Miles Morales

Launch Window
AC Valhalla

Coconutt

I was debating between Demons Soul and MM but decided I didn't want my first game on this new system to be a frustrating one so MM all the way.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
PS5: Demon's Souls

XSX: Cyberpunk, Bright Memory, Tetris Effect Connected, Dirt 5

Rippa

Thread missing poll.

1. Demon’s Souls remake
2. Spider-Man Remastered
3. Spider-Man Miles Morales
4. Godfall
5. Cold War
6. Avengers
7. Cyberpunk 2077

All in that order.
All on PS5.

LordOfChaos

My PS4 backlog prob

It just makes sense to switch this time, with BC the deprecation on last gen is going to be crazy, and it doesn't cost that much to upgrade.

Tiamat2san

Now that pre-orders are done, lets see what you're playing at launch on those new boxes.

PS5:
Astrobot (built in)
Miles
Demon's Souls

XSX:
AC Valhalla
CoD: Cold War
Cyberpunk
Gears 5 (never finished it on the X, will wait for the XSX upgrade to complete the campaign)

the same (for gears 5 i’ll redo the entire campaign)+ yakuza like a dragon and dirt 5 on XSX.
maybe the medium too.

Bartski

Gold Member
I don't know! Demon's Souls on PS5 or Cyberpunk on XsX. No idea how am I gonna handle getting both the same day #firstworldproblems

JimiNutz

Banned
Probably Demon's Souls and Sackboy although I'll probably wait until I've seen more from them both before making a final decision.

To be honest I'm not really feeling either launch. I wish GT or Forza were ready. Halo not being there has really killed my hype as well.

For some reason I'm not feeling Miles Morales either. Bummer.

I've been thinking about this and it's a huge bummer that I'm not actually that excited for Demon's Souls or Sackboy.

Since I didn't play any Xbox games towards the end of the generation I'm actually thinking about swapping my PS5 order for a XSX if I can find one in stock.

There aren't any launch XSX games that excite me either in fairness but with Game Pass I could catch up on enhanced/improved versions of games that I missed. I'm thinking:

Forza Horizon 4
Sea of Thieves
Ori 1 & 2

Overall I'm really bummed out by the launch line ups for both consoles though.

DocRay

PS5 : Miles Morales , Demon´s Soul , Sack Boy, Call of Duty Cold World, Ciberpunk, Valhalla, Destruction All Stars, Ghost of Tsusima , Platinum The Last of Us 2 .
PC: Install my new 3080.

I have two free weeks...:messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Hakiroto

Demon's Souls and Spider-Man. I'd love to play Cyberpunk on there, chilling on the sofa with the big TV, but the lack of next-gen patch means I'll be playing it on PC. Shame, because I imagine HDR goes a long way in that game and I don't have a gaming monitor with decent HDR.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Probably Cyberpunk on Series X. I don't trust windows to properly implement HDR yet. On PS5, not sure, Demon Souls looks fine I guess. We'll see.

Last edited:
Nioh 2
Borderlands 3
God of War
Monster Hunter World
Ghost of Tsushima

I just want to go back to some games and play them in their 4k modes or even with 60fps like God of War. I never really used my Pro with 4k output because of the noise. So there‘s plenty to play for me.

I haven’t decided if I’m going to pick up a newer game yet. Maybe Destruction All Stars.

Dirt 5
Watch Dogs Legion

Buying the PS4 Watch Dogs Legion btw.
It's upgradable and cheaper than the PS5 version.

They won't rip me off with this 80 euro game bullshit.

Kayoba

PS5:
Astrobot: Will be the first thing I play just because it's preinstalled.
Spiderman MM: I enjoyed Spiderman on PS4 and I'm sad that this isn't a direct sequel. But I'm willing to give this game a chance.
AC Valhalla: I had hoped it would look different as this is a new generation, but it unfortunatly looks the same as Odyssey. I still enjoyed Odyssey and I'm interested to see Ubisofts unrealistic take on viking history.
PS4 backlog: Got a few games I haven't played yet such as Phantom Pain, Kingdom Hearts & Uncharted 4

PC:
Cyberpunk2077: Though I think I'll wait a little with this game until I upgrade my PC.

Three

Demon's Souls
Spiderman Miles Morales
Astrobot since it's free

Any games on sale at the time and going through my backlog.

I won't play Cyberpunk 2077 this year 🤷‍♂️ the next gen patches are coming next year. Will wait for that before I start and hopefully by then I can pick it up cheaper too.

XSX:
Yakuza: Like a Dragon
AC Valhalla (even though I feel like I'm in an abusive relationship with Ubisoft and I both hate and enjoy the AC games in equal parts)
Whatever looks good on Game Pass as I have three year's worth

PS5:
Spiderman MM
And as I never bought a PS4 Pro hopefully some older games that struggled on my base PS4 will now be capped at 30 such as Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone and Judgment

PC:
Cyberpunk 2077

PS5:
Ghost of Tsushima (if there’s a sale, and when the BC situation is clarified)
Will probably try the Astrobot thing

XSX:
AC Valhalla or Watchdogs: Legion (whichever reviews better)
Cyberpunk
Random GamePass stuff - probably Doom Eternal

Cyberpunk 2077, miles morales, black ops: cold war, fallguys, immortals: fenyx rising, Astros playroom, samurai jack and the ps+ collection of games.

I'll be picking up my ps5 with miles morales at launch but won't open it until Christmas. In the days leading up to December 25th, I'll be getting all of my listed games so I can have an amazing Christmas. I'm 27 but feel like a child right now! So excited for the holidays.

Last edited:

SolidSlug

Neo Member
Cyberpunk 2077
AC Valhalla
CoD Black Ops Cold War
PS Collection games

I would get DS for the graphics, but I know I won't really play it. Nonetheless, I am sure lots of people will buy it as a tech showcase.

Zatzuken

At the moment ill be just playing Cyberpunk, got a ps5 coming and while i love the look of demons souls and loved it back in the day i think i'm done with the stress of souls games.

Concern

Only managed to get a Ps5 pre-order and honestly im not 100% sure if i need it at launch. If I keep it, most likely just Demon Souls and hopefully an enhanced bc Bloodborne.

Top Bottom