• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A look at the history of Sony PS exclusives coming to PC vs. PS5 Published + What do you think will be the next Sony Exclusive to be announced for PC?

Which do you think it will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leonidas

Sony PC releases, by year:

Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition

Predator: Hunting Grounds
Days Gone

God of War
Death Stranding Director's Cut
Spider-Man Remastered
Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection
Sackboy: A Big Adventure
Spider-Man Miles Morales

Returnal
The Last of Us Part 1
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

Helldivers 2
Horizon Forbidden West: Complete Edition (March 2024)
???

Sony Exclusives released on PS5, by year: I excluded initial release if the game had Directors/Complete/VR Update Edition

2020 (3/4 on PC)
Demon's Souls
Sackboy: A Big Adventure (on PC today)
Spider Man: Miles Morales (on PC today)
Spider Man Remastered (on PC today)

2021 (3/5 on PC)
Destruction AllStars
Returnal (on PC today)
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart (on PC today)
Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut
Death Stranding Director's Cut (on PC today)

2022 (2/3 on PC)
God of War Ragnarok
The Last of Us Part 1 (on PC today)
Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection (on PC today)

2023 (1/3 on PC)
Horizon Forbidden West: Complete Edition (on PC soon)
Gran Turismo 7
Spider-Man 2

2024 as of 2/27 (1/2 on PC)
The Last of Us Part II Remastered
Helldivers 2 (on PC day one)

Now I'm left wondering, what game will be ported over next... which do you think it will be? Not really a lot to choose from, I think I've got all the games represented in the poll (7 remaning PS5 titles from this gen). I included an other option if I missed something or if you think the next Sony published title will be from the PS4.

Last edited:

AREYOUOKAY?

eR3qKaR.jpg

ndAT5no.png

My guess would be Ghost.

Mortisfacio

Only thing I actually want is God of War: Rag

I can play it on PS4, but my PS4 is busy collecting dust and I'm not about to buy a PS5 for one game. If it comes to PC before summer of next year, I'll be fine with that.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Certainly it will be Gravity Rush, the best game franchise EVAH created uwu

Kat is my perfect waifu, I'll dedicate my love and life forever to Kat :messenger_smiling_with_eyes::messenger_smiling_with_eyes::messenger_smiling_hearts::messenger_smiling_hearts::messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

She's the perfect protagonist and holds a special place in my heart FOREVAH

Have I told you she's puurrrrfect and that I can't stop talking about her? :messenger_smiling_with_eyes::messenger_smiling_with_eyes::messenger_smiling_hearts::messenger_smiling_hearts::messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

desu

desu

desu

Gravity-Rush-2.jpg

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Ghost of Tsushima. After that, probably Ragnarok. Next, TLOU Part II.

Last edited:

SNG32

My Money is on the following

Ghosts
Demon Souls
Gran Turismo 7
Possibly God of war ragnorok

Last of us 2
Spider man 2

Larxia

Certainly it will be Gravity Rush, the best game franchise EVAH created uwu

Kat is my perfect waifu, I'll dedicate my love and life forever to Kat :messenger_smiling_with_eyes::messenger_smiling_with_eyes::messenger_smiling_hearts::messenger_smiling_hearts::messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

She's the perfect protagonist and holds a special place in my heart FOREVAH

Have I told you she's puurrrrfect and that I can't stop talking about her? :messenger_smiling_with_eyes::messenger_smiling_with_eyes::messenger_smiling_hearts::messenger_smiling_hearts::messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

desu

desu

desu

Gravity-Rush-2.jpg
I would really love that... It's the Sony exclusive I want the most on PC, such a unique game and look / atmosphere.
I don't think it will happen, but I would really love it.

Jinzo Prime

Maybe not the very next game. But it will come at some point.

GT7. Combine with a blog post about PSVR2 being compatible with PC. Youll get a trailer showing GT7 VR mode running on a PC.
Very smart move. Boost sales of PSVR and GT7 at the same time.

I think I remember reading somewhere that Ghost of Tsushima is getting announced for PC next week.
I hope that's true, it's one of the few Sony exclusives I've been waiting on.

Helldivers 1 was their first PC release but for some reason most people don’t know this and always like HFW. It’s also the only game other than Helldivers 2 that got a day and date release on PC.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I’m not convinced that Tsushima and GT7 are coming to PC. They seem to want to keep some stuff exclusive to PlayStation.

If any of those do get ported though then I voted Tsushima since it’s been rumored every year for like 3 years now.

I think cheating would be a concern in GT7 and they have that online only requirement even in the ps5 version of the game. Plus I consider it to be their biggest exclusive and I don’t think they’ll want to have that on any other platform.

Fredrik

Final Fantasy XVI, already talked about but not properly announced which will happen in a State of Play in the spring, release in July 2024.

Ghost of Tsushima, announced during Geoff’s not-E3, release in September 2024.

Spider-Man 2, announced during a Playstation showcase as a complete edition with DLC for PS5 and PC, release in November 2024.

RickSanchez

Gold Member
This is a rough approximation, but the releases on PC seem to be following the same sequence as releases on PS5. (with some obvious omissions like Demon's Souls and Ghost of Tsushima)

Which means the next one after Horizon Forbidden West should be God of War Ragnarok.

In early 2022, Horizon Forbidden West came out on PS5 first (not the complete edition), and then later in the year God of War Ragnarok came out on PS5.

Last edited:

Damigos

I may be alone in this, but i think they must keep exclusives on PS consoles.
It makes sense from a business perspective to release them on PC, but long term it will hurt the PS brand. Like xbox, which is bleeding.
Nintendo knows what its doing

Holammer

Ghosts of Tsushima and Demon's Souls sound likely and the only games listed that interests me.
But if Sony needs money, either of those or GT7 ought to deliver.

Amusing how nobody selected Destruction AllStars (yet), even as a joke.

Ozriel

M$FT
I may be alone in this, but i think they must keep exclusives on PS consoles.
It makes sense from a business perspective to release them on PC, but long term it will hurt the PS brand. Like xbox, which is bleeding.
Nintendo knows what its doing

Nintendo makes profit on hardware, and makes games on much smaller budgets than any of the other hardware makers.
Japanese devs also tend to get smaller salaries on average and it’s not uncommon to have longer working hours.

Finally, Nintendo is delivering close to 30% profit margins. Sony would not be talking about re-evaluating strategies if their margins were that robust.

Loope

Having played UC4, thinking i wouldn't enjoy it because of the cinematic stuff, i actually had a blast with it, i would like to see UC1~3 on PC.

Also Daemon Souls and Ghost(played Ghost on PSplus) which is a very interesting beautiful game.

Holammer

Knack is missing from the poll
This made me think, apart from the usual meme suggestions like Bloodborne & Knack, there's plenty of games in the PS4 library that could do nicely on PC.
Order 1886, Everybody's Golf 7, Killzone Shadow Fall, Infamous First light/Second Son (and PS3 games), Astrobot, The Last Guardian & Ratchet & Clank.

... Shadow of the Beast? Anyone want that?

I'd love for it to be The Last Guardian or Shadow of the Colossus but Sony wants to maximize profits so it's definitely not those. Considering their schedule the next one would be GT7. Ragnarok will probably be early next year. I think Part II will release june or july. Ghost and Demon's might release in between but these ports are long overdue so it's hard to say.

Neofire

I can play it on PS4, but my PS4 is busy collecting dust and I'm not about to buy a PS5 for one game. If it comes to PC before summer of next year, I'll be fine with that.
Case in point for those who say PC ports don't hurt the Ps5. I wondered how many others across the gaming world are thinking like this 🤷🏿‍♂️

Mortisfacio

Case in point for those who say PC ports don't hurt the Ps5. I wondered how many others across the gaming world are thinking like this 🤷🏿‍♂️

In my scenario I still won't buy a PS5 if GoW were never to come to PC, so at least in my scenario, PC ports don't hurt the PS5. If there were more than 1-2 "must buy" games a gen (imo) then maybe, but I'm not going to spend $600 to play one game. There's not enough incentive to spend money on a console for me.

EDMIX

Oh no my guy, that isn't a "if" that is 100% a when. With God Of War 2018 coming out for it, its happening.

You'll enjoy it if you liked the first. One of my favorite games of all time and one of the few games to give me that 90s Zelda feel regarding puzzles and dungeons. You are in for a treat!

In my scenario I still won't buy a PS5 if GoW were never to come to PC, so at least in my scenario, PC ports don't hurt the PS5. If there were more than 1-2 "must buy" games a gen (imo) then maybe, but I'm not going to spend $600 to play one game. There's not enough incentive to spend money on a console for me.

I mean, you are right to. I like the IP enough that its a day 1, but I can't help but to factor that I also love lots of PS IP, like Uncharted, The Last Of Us, Ghost Of Tsushima and tons of other JRPG that either come to PS first or only or something, so buying a PS is always going to be a default thing to me and PC will always been a great second, but in your situation, I think you are correct to wait if its just 1 IP that you are interested in.

Top Bottom