• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most Anticipated Announcements of 24’

skit_data

I can feel it in my bones that there will be some announcements from PS Studios. Maybe won't release this year but several of their studios should be ready to at least announce what they're working on by now.

Boralf

From Software Eyes GIF by BANDAI NAMCO

I don't know what to think anymore from Sony. Either they are holding their cards close to their chest and there's a lot of exciting stuff, or they haven't announced anything for a reason (it's all in development hell). I was expecting a big blowout at E3 last year and they had a really shitty showcase.

With Microsoft, kind of know what to expect. Just hope that Avowed and Hellblade look good. But there's also a chance we get a Gears or Halo announcement if people are into that.

Nintendo - hoping for good things with Switch 2 and they should have some content lined up for launch (Mario Game and maybe Metroid soon thereafter)

Banjo64

cumsessed
Playtonic and Gears for Breakfast’s next games. 2019 and 2017 for their last games. Surely there’s news on the horizon.

Im not excited for anything right now . Sure ps5 pro . But I don’t see any games im interested in.

Less games come out every yr ,
Less leaks ,
Less gaming shows .

They don’t reveal games ahead of time bc ppl bitched its 1 -2 yrs before release.
It’s just boring . Ps5 is strong af I can care less about an upgrade.

Whatever magic Nintendo have cooking for the Switch 2, hopefully more than just a performance update.

The next Respawn campaign game announcement. The quote from NBA Jam comes to mind, "He's on fire!", Respawn just don't seem to miss. Love their games.

A truly great Halo campaign/story, not just the gameplay bits like Infinite. While we're at it...
Halo Tatanka BR gameplay announcement/trailer/ViDoc. When are the MS/343 powers that be going to get Halo into an annual release cadence? Come on no spin off games like Halo Wars or fresh smaller titles even? It doesn't all have to be AAA engine rebuilds.

I mean take a look at this franchise game release date timeline and holy shit, Halo is a huge gaping hole to fill. Since 2015 only one mainline Halo FPS game has been released. Fuck #4#

uQeFTjd.png

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I think Concord will be revealed/released this year

Marathon revealed/released in 2025

Fairgame$ revealed/released 2026

You could be right.

PlayStation recently reiterated that they have 6 Live Service games scheduled before March 2026. I think it's possible their June Shiwcase in 2023 showed their first 4 (Helldivers, Concord, Marathon, Fairgames). If that's the case, we could get Fairgame$ in 2025 and 2 unannounced titles in 2026.

StereoVsn

Ton of stuff from variety of Japanese studios.

Just SE Alone - DQIIi Remake, FFIX remake, FFVII Rebirth, hopefully next DQ announcement

Sega - Infinite wealth and hopefully something about action version like Judgment series. Ton of classic IPs being worked, multiple Atlus titles, etc…

Capcom - super shady random DRM.

There are many more and it’s going to be a crazy year for Japanese games of various genres.

Sony - no fucking clue. PS5 Pro … but I want to see some games to justify that and most of my 3rd party games go to PC. Loved Ghost of Tsushima and really want a sequel, but afraid there’s a 2025/2026. Rest of their stuff is full of Sweet Baby Inc crap, aka “The Message”, so can’t see myself enjoying a lot of it.

Nintendo - Switch 2. And some great release window games like new 3D Mario and MarioKart perhaps. But if doesn’t have BC on hardware and software I am going to wait quite a while before getting it. Probably not till OLED revision.

MS - 0 expectations. Avowed is going to be “mid”. No interest in Hellblade. Maybe luck hits and Fable will be good?

PC side - ton of strategy games coming out, updates to some older games in DLC, continuing emulation improvements and more.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
One game I’m anticipating is call of duty, there’s always speculation about this franchise and for good reason.

Eiknarf

Banned
I couldn't see anything but 24'.

2024, shortened to '24. The apostrophe marks the place of the contraction.

You can hate me, it's fine.

Now that that's out of the way, Elden Ring DLC and Switch 2 are the only things I want to see. Some others I won't mind seeing, but the default is to be sceptical until something is proven to be good.
Ya know what? Don’t apologize.
I made that mistake twenty years ago and someone like you posted exactly what you did and I was better for it. I learned and never did it again.

I bet the OP will never do it again

24’ is twenty four feet
24” is twenty four inches
‘24 is 2024

MiguelItUp

So much unknown for me, but what I AM looking forward to...

• Indiana Jones gameplay
  • Silent Hill 2 Remake gameplay
  • Shadow of the Erdtree
  • Switch 2
  • Star Wars Outlaws

Kuranghi

I'm 47 year's old and lucky to spell my name these days, lol. Thank god for editors. Also you spelled skeptical wrong.

Orrrr they didn't actually spell it wrong, but did miss out an "a" before sceptical.

Thank you for teaching me that skeptical and sceptical are both correct.

nick776

A PlayStation/Nintendo bro, it seems?
I just personally want Astro Bot and Death Stranding 2 for this year, and a No Heroes Allowed! VR sequel which would be lovely, I'm not asking for anything else.
Personally, playing Astro's playroom on PS5 surpassed magic the likes of which I have not felt since Mario games when I was a kid. I have to say that Astro's Playroom even beat out Mario Odyssey in the initial "wow" factor. Had it been longer it would have surpassed Odyssey for me overall.

Dazraell

Don't have too many, but I'm really looking forward for these announcements:
  • Switch 2
  • Ghost of Tsushima sequel
  • Gears Trilogy + Judgment Collection
  • Spyro 4
  • Kingdom Come Deliverance sequel
  • IO Interactive's Bond game reveal

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Im looking forward to see what lies Big Phil will tell us next.

Hopefully hear something of at least 1 of a new Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein. From Sony either a new FPS or remake/reboot Killzone or Resistance.

Top Bottom