• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most Anticipated Announcements of 24’

kungfuian

What are your most anticipated announcements for 24’, the one’s you ‘know’ are coming but haven't been confirmed, and that you’re most excited about?

Here’s a few things I'm almost 100% sure we will see in 24'-

PS5 Pro- We know it’s coming, but what’s in the box? AI upscaling, frame generation, advanced Ray Tracing, Enhanced VR experiences. I personally loved the mid gen refreshes introduced last gen and can’t wait to see what Sony have in store for us.

Ghost of Tsushima sequel- The first Ghost released in July of 20’ and was in development for a staggering 6 years. I’d imagine much of this time was due to it being a new IP and Sucker Punch building up their open world skills. Hopefully a follow up needs less time in the oven and we hear something from them this year.

Bluepoint’s next game- They finished Demon Souls Remake in September 20’, giving them 3+ years to craft their own original masterpiece. I personally just love this developer! Their remakes have been nothing short of top notch, and I can’t wait to see what they are cooking on their own. Presuming a +/-4 year development cycle and we should be getting close to a reveal of their next project toward the end of this year.

Astrobot PSVR2 (or Standard/VR Hybrid)- Asobi finished Astrobot in mid to late 20’, which started development in early 2018 and had a 2-2.5 year development cycle; and started as a sort of tech demo for PS5. I personally loved Astro and think the IP deserves full sized sequel; VR or otherwise! Whatever they are making, Asobi’s next game is supposed to be their biggest yet and I’m sure it will be great. Presuming they stick with the IP, and +/-4 year development cycle, and we should be getting close to a reveal of their next project.

Little Devil Inside- Sony has done really well investing in mid-sized AA type exclusives (temp exclusives) this gen (Stray, Sifu, Kena) and this looks like it fits nicely into that pattern (although arguably less impactful the further into the gen we get). In either case, I personally love the art style of this one and from the previews it looks like a solid action-adventure game. Neostream have been awful quiet the last few years and I suspect that they likely scaled up their ambitions for the game once Sony got involved. That said; my spidy senses say it’s been long enough and we see a release date in 24’.

Elden Ring Shadow of the ErdTree- FROM make the equivalent of gamer crack and Elden Ring was their best yet! In fact, I think it’s objectively the best game I’ve ever played. Shadow of the ErdTree is expected to be a really sizable expansion and is personally my most anticipated title on any system. Can’t wait to start a new build and dive back into that world! Hoping we see it land in 24'

Switch 2- As the switch reaches the end of it’s life cycle Nintendo has to be nervous about the follow up. I am really interested to see how they strike a balance between maintaining whatever made the switch successful while at the same time offering something new. If they go too iterative it may attract less interest, but if they place their bets too heavily on a gimmick it could backfire. Either way, I can’t wait to see what they come up with, although personally I hope the go balls to the wall and make something crazy and new only Nintendo could think of. Hopefully we get an reveal in 24’ with a release in early 25’.

Next Mario- If they show the Switch Successor then you know they are going to show the next iteration of 3D Mario. These games are always so innovative and such a joy to play. Plus after Bowser’s fury I think they may tinker with a more open world structure for the next one. Should be interesting to see where the franchise goes next.

Metroid Prime 4- It’s been long enough since the re-boot that this one’s got to be nearing completion. Prime 1 and 2 are some of my favorite games (3 less so) and I hope 4 will be a return to form. Part of me thinks Nintendo doesn’t really know what to do with this franchise and they may force Retro to add a bunch of lame story crap and ruin it. Fingers crossed that isn’t the case and Retro is able to capture the sense of isolation and exploration of the first 2. Either way I expect it will land this year.

Hail Marries-

Uncharted Project- We’ve been hearing rumors of this bouncing around for some time now and I think 24’ is the year we see Nathan Drake return. Sounds like we’re getting a remake of Part 1 and I’m all for it.

Bloodborne Remake- Just remake/remaster the damned thing and give it to us!

nial

Gold Member
A PlayStation/Nintendo bro, it seems?
I just personally want Astro Bot and Death Stranding 2 for this year, and a No Heroes Allowed! VR sequel which would be lovely, I'm not asking for anything else.

kungfuian

A PlayStation/Nintendo bro, it seems?
I just personally want Astro Bot and Death Stranding 2 for this year, and a No Heroes Allowed! VR sequel which would be lovely, I'm not asking for anything else.
I actually game on Steam more than anywhere else these days, but these are what I'm looking forward to the most. And yeah Microsoft not so much from a software side; although I'm sure they will come with some surprises and I'm expecting Hellblade 2 will look pretty amazing on my new rig.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Give me my fucking Elden Ring DLC trailer....NOW!!!!
3f872ef380e8497f6d0a76cc11cbfc5e.gif

Hudo

Switch 2 + the next 3D Mario.
Final Fantasy Tactics Reborn (Y'all say that Schreier is a good person, who is always correct. And that dude said a year ago that a FFT remaster/remake is coming).
Command & Conquer Remastered Collection Vol. 2 (I refuse to give up).
The next id Software game (I hope it's Quake-related).
Maybe a teaser of whatever Monolith Soft are doing.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
  • Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 announcement would be nice.
  • Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon full release (it's in early access) later this year.
  • The Wayward Realms release date announcement.
  • Avowed release (but I'm ready to be disappointed).
RPGs, RPGs, RPGs...

Last edited:

Fredrik

My yearly stats showed that I played less than 20 hours on PS5 and less than 50 on Xbox during 2023 so I can’t personally justify any console upgrade for myself anymore. I think I’m kinda over consoles now for various reasons I could talk about a lot in another thread.

Still interested in the PS5 Pro unveil to understand where that high budget AAA gaming is heading, since that’s usually where PC gaming is heading as well. And the Switch 2 unveil will be fun as well to move Nintendo franchises into this decade a bit more, that one I’ll likely buy.

Regarding game announcements. Sounds like you mean games not already announced, not releases or trailers of already known games right?

* A new side-scrolling Metroid like Dread, for Switch 2, made by MercurySteam again.

* Dead or Alive 7, without western politics making it boring thank you very much!

* Gears 6. With the 2 possible story arcs being there and not JD being dead by default like the team probably wanted. Or with a whole new set of characters. Or a prequel with younger Marcus.

* Starfield VR for Quest 3, HIGGS and VRIK modders hired to the team.

* Final Fantasy XVI for PC. The slow moving BG3 made me interested in FFXVI even though realtime FF initially turned me off. Hoping for a well-made port by Nixxes pushing the visuals even further.

Not likely to happen but…
* Sony 1st party games with shorter delays to PC.
* Steam saves and Gamepass saves and console saves always synced.

Sakura

Switch 2.
Nothing else that is supposed to be announced this year, but hasn't yet, that I am interested in.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I couldn't see anything but 24'.

2024, shortened to '24. The apostrophe marks the place of the contraction.

You can hate me, it's fine.

Now that that's out of the way, Elden Ring DLC and Switch 2 are the only things I want to see. Some others I won't mind seeing, but the default is to be sceptical until something is proven to be good.

Perrott

Gold Member
First of all, of course, the PlayStation 5 Pro. I'm dying to learn everything about it.

Continuing with Sony, I'd also like to see them unveil new first-party games. Those that I'm eargely anticipating would be The Last Of Us Part III, the Ghost of Tsushima sequel, FromSoftware's new IP and some sort of Bloodborne re-release.

And when it comes to third-party, I can't wait to see the new BioShock and the next games from Yoko Taro, Fumito Ueda and Playdead.

Jesb

The next RE remake. They’ve knocked these remakes out of the park so I can’t wait to see which one is next. I’m expecting RE5. Not my choice but that’s what I expect.

RE9 should be shown I think. I’m very curious about how this will look since it’ll be likely a current gen game only I hope.

Switch 2. I completely passed on switch and I haven’t had a Nintendo console since the Wii so I’m a little curious on what their hardware and games will look like.

T0minator

PlayStation:
Stellar Blade gameplay/release date
Concord gameplay/release date
PS5 Pro reveal
AstroBot 2
Bend Studios new IP reveal
Ghost of Tsushima 2 reveal

Nintendo:
"Switch 2" announcement

Xbox:
Indiana Jones gameplay/release date
Gears 6 announcement

kungfuian

I couldn't see anything but 24'.

2024, shortened to '24. The apostrophe marks the place of the contraction.

You can hate me, it's fine.

Now that that's out of the way, Elden Ring DLC and Switch 2 are the only things I want to see. Some others I won't mind seeing, but the default is to be sceptical until something is proven to be good.
I'm 47 year's old and lucky to spell my name these days, lol. Thank god for editors. Also you spelled skeptical wrong.

Elios83

PS5 Pro
Switch 2 (but out of curiosity, I barely used my Switch and I have to admit to myself I don't have time to play with multiple platforms).

Many new games announcements and/or details on currently announced projects:

Death Stranding 2
Final Fantasy 9 Remake (and what's next from SE like Dragon Quest XII and KH4)
Persona 6
New GTA V trailers
Judas
Next Bioshock
Basically everything from all big Sony's studios (Santa Monica, Sucker Punch, Bluepoint, Bend, Guerrilla, ND, Insomniac and the others).

Last edited:

JangoRain

Switch 2 is the big thing for me, along with the first party titles to ramp up the hype.

PlayStation feels like a big known-unknown. We know games are coming but they’ve been too quiet, excited to see what will be announced.

I’ll be the first to apply the clown makeup and say Silksong babyyy 🤡

MagnesD3

Ill give a top 10.

1. Shadows of the Erdtree - Its the DLC to probably the best game ever made. Froms best work comes from its DLC's, I just hope it drops by april.

2. 3D Mario Open World Game - Bowsers Fury is brilliant and it honestly feels like a proof of concept in alot of ways, Im very confident it on a larger newer scale is where the next entry is going. Its been a long time since Odyssey and Switch 2 is sounding like its right around the corner.

3. Switch 2 - Its been a long time coming, Im bery interested to see what Cards nintendo is holding up its sleeve and just cant wait to see new info and game announcements from it in general.

4. More Hunter Hunter Chapters - Its been over a year since the last batch of 10 but im pretty confident we will get our next batch sometime this year, Togashi wants to finish this and I think hes gonna try.

5. The Future of Metroid Prime 4 - I think no matter what this year we will found out something about MP4s future I personally hope we get a sneak peak of something showing us that this is the next evolution of what a 3D Metroid can be, really hoping for major innovation.

6. Next Fromsoft game Announcement - Spellbound was Rumored to be a thing but may have been debunked so that may or may not be a thing but either way From Software has been pretty good about setting up yearly releases and theres nothing the docket for next year, at the very lesst I expect an announcement something we dont know about.

7. Armored Core DLC Announcement - AC just got some new parts and its From usually makes a newer version of thier AC game I believe and this wont take as long as shadows, Im pretty sure we will get at least an announcement on this coming if not release later this year.

8. Street Fighter 6 Season 2 Charcter Reveals - S1 got leaked and there were no Sf3 Charcters coming to the first game post SF3... Seeing Dudley, Hugo, Q/G or Urien would have me crawling back to grind them to Master again.

9. Hunter x Hunter Fighting Game news - Still hope its an MvC type game, im sure we will know soon, if so character speculation and game mechanics will be alot of fun to see.

10. Naughty Dog New IP big Reveal - Sony needs to do something if they want to con people into the Pro, Last of Us Pt 2 has burned alot of bridges but a new ip is a new start especially with a Scifi twist, Im really hoping I see something that makes me excited enough to not care about politics being shoved in.

Hohenheim

RTX 5090.. because hell yeah.

Elden Ring DLC release date
Fable gameplay.
Next Nintendo console (hopefully with Metroid Prime 4)

Diddy X

Gears 6
Fable

And

Switch 2 so I can come back to Nintendo hw so many years later

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Movies:

It already happened. 28 Years Later. Fuck yes.

Games:

Naughty Dogs next project

Last edited:

Lupin25

You’ve named most of them for me other than:

Persona 6 (🤞)
Cory Barlog’s new IP
Assassin’s Creed “Red”
Resident Evil 9
Splinter Cell (Remake)
Venom
Project 007
Gears of War 6

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Switch 2. It doesn't really need to innovate the way previous Nintendo consoles have - it just needs to be more powerful (with a similar battery life), and backwards compatible (even if BC games don't benefit from the increased power). Throw in a few new-generation exclusives like a Mario game, Metroid 4, etc. and you've got something that will continue to print money for the next 6-7 years.

Top Bottom