• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter X eSport announced

Miles708

It can't be the ps3 game since vf5fs doesn't exist on ps4, there is no VF game on ps4 except vf5us that is suppose to come sometimes in future (could be a week or 6 moths), so if a VF game is meant to be on ps+ next month it can only be vf5us.
VF5FS exists on PS4 inside Yakuza/Judgment. It's basically the Xbox Live Arcade version, just without the menus and the costumes.

SSfox

VF5FS exists on PS4 inside Yakuza/Judgment. It's basically the Xbox Live Arcade version, just without the menus and the costumes.
Yeah i know but this doesn't count to me. I call it a yes when you go on ps store, write virtual fighter is search and i got an actual proper VF game in the results.

Last edited:

Miles708

Yeah i know but this doesn't count to me. I call it a yes when you go on ps store, write virtual fighter is search and i got an actual proper VF game in the results.
Oh yeah, but it's just to say that eventually Sega already has VF5FS packed and ready on PS4.
That said, I also agree that Ultimate Showdown/E-sports is all we're going to get.

Wonko_C

It says "remade" but did the graphics get any upgrade at all? My memory is not that good but to me it looks the same as Final Showdown (with new lifebars) on PS360. The game has always looked good anyways so if it's just a resolution upgrade I'm still in as long as it has rollback.

Last edited:

nbkicker

Now just to wait and see if this is free with psn+ for june like said in another thread, will see if this pulls me away from tekken and soul calibur

Aggelos

Well there it is....

pai_2pv7.jpg

afdtEMp.jpg
Sf4uidQ.jpg
if4aP7b.jpg
c9WSVft.jpg
XZrfB3H.jpg
4aMBo7a.jpg
Mdzi1pQ.jpg
PxiEbsQ.jpg

Last edited:

ACESHIGH

Banned
Hopefully this releases on PC down the line. FGs need cross play to boost the community. Sony owning EVO should make anything possible for FGs to be mainstream again.

Reactions: Gp1

Griffon

Looks pretty good, seems like the lighting and models have been upgraded.

Tho, No PC eh. Shame that, I would have tried it. I play Tekken only on PC these days. I'm not going back to console with bullshit PS+ subs to play online.

celsowmbr

Banned
Looks pretty good, seems like the lighting and models have been upgraded.

Tho, No PC eh. Shame that, I would have tried it. I play Tekken only on PC these days. I'm not going back to console with bullshit PS+ subs to play online.
Probably a temporary exclusive like Fall guys, I bet

Aggelos

Dragon engine ?

"Sega has announced Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown for PlayStation 4. It will launch digitally worldwide on June 1.
The game, “remade for a new generation,” features the same fundamental gameplay and combat as previous entries, but with rebuilt graphics using Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio’s Dragon Engine, as well as new background music for every stage, a new user interface, a new opening cinematic, and new lighting and shaders. Players can also spectate online matches in real-time, as well as build robin-robin style online tournaments. The private and public lobby system supports up to 16 players, and includes new communication tools like stamps."

Last edited:

Aggelos

So this the Esport game or is there something else the day after tomorrow ?

According to the leak
" Despite being not yet officially announced, the Virtua Fighter x eSports Project was previously leaked to be Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown for PlayStation 4. In Japan, it is simply titled Virtua Fighter eSports."

IGN Japan refers to it as 海外向けアナウンストレーラー "Announcement Trailer for the Western Markets"

They continue by adding that as of now, the game has only been announced for the Western markets. The Virtua Fighter x eSports that was announced back at TGS 2020 is meant for a domestic release, and details on that will be unveiled on the 27th. But it's still unclear whether it is going to be another game, or VF5 Ultimate Showdown for Japan, or a game just for eSports tournaments. They don't know.
Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown』は今のところ海外向けに発表されているだけだが、セガはTGS2020にて「バーチャファイター×esports」プロジェクトを国内向けに発表している。このプロジェクトは5月27日20時より詳細が明かされるが、『Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown』の国内向け発表なのか、あるいは本タイトルのesports大会なのか、それともまた別のタイトルになるかは不明だ。

Last edited:

SSfox

Please online play don't be shitty

Looks awesome and more than expected, I guess there will be balance patch maybe? No new moves per character mentioned? Excited to see VF back either way.

Last edited:

[Sigma]

Spectating online matches in real-time and round robin style tournament is great but at the same time, no rollback is a missed opportunity with those features in place;(. I hope it's still serviceable at least.

Miles708

Akira and Sarah are my 2 mains. What happened. Who hurt you.
How am I supposed to have a positive outlook on life now.

Who is responsible for this shit.

Miles708

It's like they've outsourced those two to a cheap indian company.
RGG Studio makes outstanding models, what the heck happened here.

Last edited:

sncvsrtoip

"Sega has announced Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown for PlayStation 4. It will launch digitally worldwide on June 1.
The game, “remade for a new generation,” features the same fundamental gameplay and combat as previous entries, but with rebuilt graphics using Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio’s Dragon Engine, as well as new background music for every stage, a new user interface, a new opening cinematic, and new lighting and shaders. Players can also spectate online matches in real-time, as well as build robin-robin style online tournaments. The private and public lobby system supports up to 16 players, and includes new communication tools like stamps."
that sound good but end effect is not amazing also, why no ps5 version ?

Boss Mog

June 1st is the day the June PS+ games will be available so the rumors are probably true that it will be one of the June PS+ games. We'll find out tomorrow when they announce them.

kunonabi

Man some of those new faces are awful. UI is pretty cheap looking too. Hopefully it plays better than final showdown did at least.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Virtua fighter 5 ultimate showdown official announcement trailer

available 1st june 2021
Looks like only ps4 mentioned at end of trailer so looks like playing in bc for ps5 and no improvements for ps4 pro and ps5

Given the recent PS5 patch for Judgement it would be surprising if Sega doesn't do the same for this, though it's not necessarily clear to me that it would have any great benefit that couldn't be achieved through BC.

I am happy this exists. Time to retire the unofficial PC version.

SkylineRKR

Well a native PS5 version could indeed support 120hz. But I wonder how that will pan out in competitive play. In any case it should probably be Pro enhanced at least and perhaps something running at 1440p+. Don't forget in what kind of state the most popular fighters. SFV and Tekken 7, are still on consoles. Tekken 7 is only 1080p on Pro, and on Xbox its even sadder.

As for the Japan announcement, since this game is kind of redone I guess its the same but with a focus on competitive play. Perhaps an arcade version or something?

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Akira and Sarah are my 2 mains. What happened. Who hurt you.
How am I supposed to have a positive outlook on life now.

Who is responsible for this shit.

It's like they've outsourced those two to a cheap indian company.
RGG Studio makes outstanding models, what the heck happened here.
I think AM2 did the character models, not RGG studio (even if they were helping for other aspects)

Top Bottom