• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

News Virtua Fighter X eSport announced

Esppiral

Nov 19, 2018
Dead or alive 2 is fast, or the DOA series for that matter.

Edit, corrected cuz insane misspellings

Last edited:

Miles708

Sep 11, 2019
If you're used to 2D fighters, all 3D fighters are 'slow'. I don't think VF5FS is slow though. Tekken is generally a lot slower.
Yeah I agree.
I clearly remember watching some replays of my matches and thinking "That seemes so much slower while I was playing".

It's not exlcusive to VF, but your mind goes in hyperdrive during the matches, the time slows down and you only realize it when looking at replays aftwerwards :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Reactions: Ascend

Ascend

Jul 23, 2018
Desde or alive 2 Israel fast, or the DOA series for that matter.
Yeah DOA is mostly the fastest 3D fighter out there. DOA4 was the fastest.

Unfortunately, DOA's mechanics make the games too random. When you lose in most fighting games, you can know what your mistakes were and where to improve. When you lose in DOA, most of the time it simply makes you feel unlucky.

Reactions: Clarissa

Clarissa

I have a friend who sends me threads to start via WhatsApp
May 15, 2019
Yeah DOA is mostly the fastest 3D fighter out there. DOA4 was the fastest.

Unfortunately, DOA's mechanics make the games too random. When you lose in most fighting games, you can know what your mistakes were and where to improve. When you lose in DOA, most of the time it simply makes you feel unlucky.
I really dislike the counter system in doa. I wish they'd do away with that in doa 7 or at least change it up.

• Empathy

Blitzmangoman

Mar 26, 2020
If you're used to 2D fighters, all 3D fighters are 'slow'. I don't think VF5FS is slow though. Tekken is generally a lot slower.
Wait what? I mainly play Tekken (when playing Fighters) and it's not slow at all.
I think I have to watch VF gameplay, lol.

Clarissa

I have a friend who sends me threads to start via WhatsApp
May 15, 2019
Yes I play Tekken, a game that is very much alive and active, not dead. 😊

Last edited:

NT80

Aug 7, 2019
Yes I play Tekken, a game that is very much alive and active, not dead. 😊
That's what I do now. I used to play a lot of VF but in the last few years Tekken is the only 3d fighter that's going strong and getting a lot of support. I do like to compare the two systems and I think Tekken 7 is a more complicated game than VF5FS.

About VF's speed. It's a game that can be feel quite slow and clunky to new players but as you and your opponents get better it gradually speeds up to dramatic levels. The VF4 series was probably the quickest of all 3d fighters at high level. I remember watching the on disc replays of VF4 and VF4Evo of top players and being amazed at how much quicker it was compared to my own play. That motivated me to stick with it.

Jan 10, 2018
Yeah same song again and again blablabla Tekken...

When VF was still here nobody gave a f*** about Tekken.

From VF1 to VF4, it was all about Virtua Fighter.

And also with VF5, Tekken 6 and TTT2 were dead too.

If you don't like Virtua Fighter just go watch for another thread but don't start with your Tekken, DOA, SoulCa. These games have no chance with the real king of 3D.

Reactions: Clarissa