• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VG TECH] Yakuza Like a Dragon PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S Frame Rate Comparison

lol those numbers are damn near identical
Where are these two frames on the PS5?
Inspect Will Smith GIF

Lets go back and dismiss the start of last gen then. So.. now that thats cleared up, when do last gen comparisons start counting?

I get it, it makes sense that yes its early gen games, not a true test of either console. But early gen comparisons have counted for years and years and years.

The PS4 AFAIK never resolved the AF issues it had, the XBO from day one usually looked better in that regard. What does it mean? Overall that was one thing that counted, and overall usually everything else counted too.
I wonder who started with the idea that early releases don't count?

We should find the originator and ban him/her from internet--forever!

Imagine saying this on THIS forum, and being serious about it. Talk about a clouded view on reality.

Just sayin', there was a pause after the first comparisons... Then the gloating started again, not as much, but still, it's annoying and childish.

REDRZA MWS

So, they are the same! Apparently teraflops mean nothing... conclusion, it's all in the tools made for the games .
Tools, and if some devs just want parity. Why out more work in to both consoles to squeeze every drop when they can just make the game they want and make it run pretty much the same?

demigod

XBox fans still don't get that everytime there is parity in performance it's another win for PS5. PlayStation fans weren't the ones who touted (TRUE NATIVE 4K VS 1440P LOOOOL, SERIES S BETTER CPU=BETTER FRAMERATE THAN PS5 LOOOOL).

Here I'll make it easier for:

Better results for PS5 games=Win for PlayStation (I mean duh)

Same results between PS5 and XBS=Win for PlayStation

Better results for XBS but just barely=Win for PlayStation

Better results for XBS by big margin (Something like 15-20% or more)=Win for XBox

And hey Sony fans didn't dictate the rules, it's the obnoxious XBox fans with their obnoxious POWER talk before the launch of the systems. You made your bed now lie in it.

So much for 12TF :messenger_tears_of_joy: . ANOTHER WIN for SONY!!! It's only going to get worse for xsx once 3rd parties drop last gen.

Banned
XBox fans still don't get that everytime there is parity in performance it's another win for PS5. PlayStation fans weren't the ones who touted (TRUE NATIVE 4K VS 1440P LOOOOL, SERIES S BETTER CPU=BETTER FRAMERATE THAN PS5 LOOOOL).

Here I'll make it easier for:

Better results for PS5 games=Win for PlayStation (I mean duh)

Same results between PS5 and XBS=Win for PlayStation

Better results for XBS but just barely=Win for PlayStation

Better results for XBS by big margin (Something like 15-20% or more)=Win for XBox

And hey Sony fans didn't dictate the rules, it's the obnoxious XBox fans with their obnoxious POWER talk before the launch of the systems. You made your bed now lie in it.

have you seen Avengers pushing 70% more pixels in some scenes on Xbox? while also running higher settings for some effects?

J_Gamer.exe

When the differences are this minimal it really comes down to controller preference in my book: I love the Xbox controller for shooters generally and PS5 for buttons. Although I actually do like the adaptive triggers on PS5 now but alas hard drive space is an issue so I still play most shooters on Xbox to leave room on my SSD for single player stuff.
Given the game file size difference advantage for ps5 you may end up with a lot closer space or even more overall if the trend continues for most games like we have seen in some.

J_Gamer.exe

have you seen Avengers pushing 70% more pixels in some scenes on Xbox? while also running higher settings for some effects?
That not hardware related, how many more examples do people need to see, generally these consoles are close, slight swing here n there.

A swing like that is clealry down to choice (or lack of) and last gen limitation, or not wanting to change the ps4 pro method of using checkerboarding.

Otherwise series s would have used it if it was something they were doing for a console that 'struggles' even though ps5 doesn't struggle at all.

People keep saying ahh xbox is finding it feet now yet next game, like crash did, its comes out same res and issues on series x or comes out like Yakuza exactly the same on both. You cant have the tools then not have them nor can xbox be suddenly showing its power them next game its not. There will be differences per engine etc but there will not be massive differences.

Bc port with last gen legacy choices like checkerboarding isn't the time for calling out the ps5 power.

geordiemp

Knocked it out the park once again, seriously in the know this guy 🤣

Well I said ps5 will run Yakuza better than 1080p60, so what is your comprehension problem with what I predicted

I also said most games would run the same. Again, I dont know why you have an issue with this.

Good to see developer upped the XSX rate so they are both 1440p60 which is better. Not worth commenting on series S lol

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
That is not the loading time... that is the launch/boot time lol

Loading times is when you are playing and you change for new section and the game take time to load.

In both Demons Souls and MM has sub 2 seconds loading times and you can check it yourself.

Play the game before jump make cheire claims:

cmon etho....cmoooon ahahaa

Three

Another clear win for Xbox.
I bet you have that thing saved to your clipboard. This is the most identical game there is. It's comical how you spam it in every comparison thread:

Another clear win for xbox .

Another clear win for series X there then. Interesting.

Another convincing win for series X. They just keep adding up.

Then people wonder why people think there are shills.

S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
I bet you have that thing saved to your clipboard. This is the most identical game there is. It's comical how you spam it in every comparison thread:

Then people wonder why people think there are shills.

Lysandros

I think the issue here is that XSX isn't 70% more powerful than the PS5. If it was it would show in all games no questions asked.
Of course. XSX isn't 70% more powerful (that's '50FPS on GPU alone' level of nonsense) or even 18% more powerful and It's very possible that XSX isn't more powerful at all. In my opinion besides I/O processing the machines are near identical in terms of power.

Renozokii

That not hardware related, how many more examples do people need to see, generally these consoles are close, slight swing here n there.

A swing like that is clealry down to choice (or lack of) and last gen limitation, or not wanting to change the ps4 pro method of using checkerboarding.

Otherwise series s would have used it if it was something they were doing for a console that 'struggles' even though ps5 doesn't struggle at all.

People keep saying ahh xbox is finding it feet now yet next game, like crash did, its comes out same res and issues on series x or comes out like Yakuza exactly the same on both. You cant have the tools then not have them nor can xbox be suddenly showing its power them next game its not. There will be differences per engine etc but there will not be massive differences.

Bc port with last gen legacy choices like checkerboarding isn't the time for calling out the ps5 power.
It’s hilarious. Xbox “wins” for some reason with some of the least impressive games on these consoles but loses in some of the blatantly more demanding games. Black ops at any given time has more going on on screen, had far better graphics, ray tracing, and yet it runs better on playstation. Crash is about as fast based a game as you can get and runs better on PlayStation. Control is one of the largest implementations of ray tracing wave seen thus far and ran marginally better on PlayStation. Just so happens that games that obviously put in the work tend to run better on PlayStation. But ohh no, games with blatantly half assed updates or poor optimization across the board like division 2, hitman 3, and this early ps4 looking turd of a game are “muh tools” coming online. And when the next big game comes and runs better on ps5 we will ignore it even though the tools are supposedly out.

Top Bottom