• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VG TECH] Yakuza Like a Dragon PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S Frame Rate Comparison

ErRor88

PS5 in High Resolution mode and Xbox Series X in High Resolution mode both render at a resolution of 3840x2160.
PS5 in Normal mode, Xbox Series X in Normal mode and Xbox Series S in High Resolution mode all render at a resolution of 2560x1440.
Xbox Series S in Normal mode renders at a resolution of 1600x900.

PlatformsPS5Xbox Series XXbox Series S
Frame Amounts
Game Frames193231932519181
Video Frames193581935819358
Frame Tearing Statistics
Total Torn Frames000
Lowest Torn Line---
Frame Height216021601080
Frame Time Statistics
Mean Frame Time16.7ms16.7ms16.82ms
Median Frame Time16.67ms16.67ms16.67ms
Maximum Frame Time33.33ms33.33ms33.33ms
Minimum Frame Time16.67ms16.67ms16.67ms
95th Percentile Frame Time16.67ms16.67ms16.67ms
99th Percentile Frame Time16.67ms16.67ms16.67ms
Frame Rate Statistics
Mean Frame Rate59.89fps59.9fps59.45fps
Median Frame Rate60fps60fps60fps
Maximum Frame Rate60fps60fps60fps
Minimum Frame Rate49fps50fps47fps
5th Percentile Frame Rate60fps60fps56fps
1st Percentile Frame Rate57fps57fps53fps
Frame Time Counts
16.67ms19288 (99.82%)19292 (99.83%)19004 (99.08%)
33.33ms35 (0.18%)33 (0.17%)177 (0.92%)
Other
Dropped Frames000
Runt Frames000
Runt Frame Thresholds20 rows20 rows20 rows

Over It Wow GIF by The Comeback HBO

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
With all the talk before the patch coming to PS5....I expected the XSX version to be a bigger difference.... This is basically identical.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
My life style choices and insecurities have been verified thanks to this comparison, now i can sleep peacefully knowing that my plastic box of choice is better than some one else’s in this specific instance. There is no better taste than that of victory. I called my mom to tell her that i finally won something, because this is not only a victory for xbox, but a victory for me personally.

.../s

Mr.NiceGuy

XBox fans still don't get that everytime there is parity in performance it's another win for PS5. PlayStation fans weren't the ones who touted (TRUE NATIVE 4K VS 1440P LOOOOL, SERIES S BETTER CPU=BETTER FRAMERATE THAN PS5 LOOOOL).

Here I'll make it easier for:

Better results for PS5 games=Win for PlayStation (I mean duh)

Same results between PS5 and XBS=Win for PlayStation

Better results for XBS but just barely=Win for PlayStation

Better results for XBS by big margin (Something like 15-20% or more)=Win for XBox

And hey Sony fans didn't dictate the rules, it's the obnoxious XBox fans with their obnoxious POWER talk before the launch of the systems. You made your bed now lie in it.

Last edited:

Concern

XBox fans still don't get that everytime there is parity in performance it's another win for PS5. PlayStation fans weren't the ones who touted (TRUE NATIVE 4K VS 1440P LOOOOL, SERIES S BETTER CPU=BETTER FRAMERATE THAN PS5 LOOOOL).

Better results for XBS by big margin (Something like 15-20% or more)=Win for XBox

And hey Sony fans didn't dictate the rules, it's the obnoxious XBox fans with their obnoxious POWER talk before the launch of the systems. You made your bed now lie in it.

Had to be the first warrior to take this serious.

Can't believe 2 itty bitty little frames hurt you right in the feels

Edit: 2 now 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

And which results you talking about? SSD loading times?

I havent seen any Sony fans compare PS5 vs Series X (or even Series S) loading speeds once yet.

2 more frames for Xbox.

happy napoleon dynamite GIF

Since this has always been a franchise more associated with Sony, I'm surprised Sega shipped it in such an unplayable state like that on the PS5. Sad.

Emphatic win for Xbox, 0.01 mean frame rate king!

XSX 19325 vs Ps5 19323

Dr Evil Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Framerate is king.

Yup!

Series X better performance. It had 2 frames less 33.33 ms at the bottom of the chart leading to a higher overall fps.

Am I doing it right Sony fans?

(In other words, both systems the same).

Honestly, i've been expected a bigger difference with almost 2 TF advantage and only "full" RDNA 2 GPU. :/ I mean, visually and framerate wise world apart difference

Last edited:

quazy

Neo Member

Yep, that's what I always teach the inferior team in any kind of sports: "Playing even in the same league as them is already a win for you." This helps against any insecurities.

BigLee74

Sorry, who’s being obnoxious? 😂

Stuart360

Imagine saying this on THIS forum, and being serious about it. Talk about a clouded view on reality.

I honestly worry about the sanity of some of you IF XSX starts pulling away in these comparisons, as time goes by this gen.

Mister Wolf

Imagine saying this on THIS forum, and being serious about it. Talk about a clouded view on reality.

I honestly worry about the sanity of some of you IF XSX starts pulling away in these comparisons, as time goes by this gen.

These are the comparisons I want where dynamic resolution scaling isn't involved.

Mr.NiceGuy

Don't worry about PlayStation fans, they are not the ones who hinged their entire existence to the POWER narrative. The meltdowns in the Xbox camp ever since the launch of the new systems are proof to that.

DavidGzz

Series S is doing well! I wonder if it will keep up with current gen only games. How does it run The Medium?

Concern

At least you do. Quite frankly I couldn't care less about him or his feelings lol

Top Bottom