• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VG TECH] Yakuza Like a Dragon PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S Frame Rate Comparison

Jaysen

Banned
XBox fans still don't get that everytime there is parity in performance it's another win for PS5. PlayStation fans weren't the ones who touted (TRUE NATIVE 4K VS 1440P LOOOOL, SERIES S BETTER CPU=BETTER FRAMERATE THAN PS5 LOOOOL).

Here I'll make it easier for:

Better results for PS5 games=Win for PlayStation (I mean duh)

Same results between PS5 and XBS=Win for PlayStation

Better results for XBS but just barely=Win for PlayStation

Better results for XBS by big margin (Something like 15-20% or more)=Win for XBox

And hey Sony fans didn't dictate the rules, it's the obnoxious XBox fans with their obnoxious POWER talk before the launch of the systems. You made your bed now lie in it.
What made you this way?

Concern

Don't worry about PlayStation fans, they are not the ones who hinged their entire existence to the POWER narrative. The meltdowns in the Xbox camp ever since the launch of the new systems are proof to that.

angry tantrum GIF by The X Factor

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I know your being sarcastic but this is how most Sony warriors have been these past few months whenever it had 1 or 2 more frames.
Pretty sure its usually been more of a difference than whats in the OP. Is any of it worth the debates? Maybe, maybe not. But lets not act like every game analysis is like this one.

Pretty much, lol.

Last edited:

jroc74

And which results you talking about? SSD loading times?

I havent seen any Sony fans compare PS5 vs Series X (or even Series S) loading speeds once yet.
Ok, if you gonna just straight up lie.... more power to ya. Disingenuous ppl gonna post disingenuous things....who woulda thought.

Every spec has been compared at this point. And ppl have posted their theories on this. Still....PS5 exclusive games do exist if you wanna see how the SSD can be used.

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
Don't worry about PlayStation fans, they are not the ones who hinged their entire existence to the POWER narrative. The meltdowns in the Xbox camp ever since the launch of the new systems are proof to that.
they haven't because we have 10 variable tf vs 12tf if it had been the other way around, the generation would already be marked and closed.
probably you forgot how was at start of ps4 vs xbo gen

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
And which results you talking about? SSD loading times?

I havent seen any Sony fans compare PS5 vs Series X (or even Series S) loading speeds once yet.
Most if not all Sony games have less than 2 seconds loading times... it is pretty much proved already with several games.

BTW the last DF video has a direct loading comparison with 50% advantage for PS5... yet it is far from the 2s found in exclusives... it is 4s on PS5 :(

Last edited:

AGRacing

My life style choices and insecurities have been verified thanks to this comparison, now i can sleep peacefully knowing that my plastic box of choice is better than some one else’s in this specific instance. There is no better taste than that of victory. I called my mom to tell her that i finally won something, because this is not only a victory for xbox, but a victory for me personally.

.../s
The PS5 transcends boxes.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Most if not all Sony games have less than 2 seconds loading times... it is pretty much proved already with several games.

BTW the last DF video has a direct loading comparison with 50% advantage for PS5... yet it is far from the 2s found in exclusives... it is 4s on PS5 :(
Really?

So you're telling me out of all the comparison videos of all these games the past 3-4 months, most (if not all) of the games running on PS5 load in less than two seconds.

lol. OK, ethomaz.

ethomaz

Banned
Really?

So you're telling me out of all the comparison videos of all these games the past 3-4 months, most (if not all) of the games running on PS5 load in less than two seconds.

lol. OK, ethomaz.
Yes. Most if not all exclusives games runs sub-2s.
There are several examples.

Last edited:
XBox fans still don't get that everytime there is parity in performance it's another win for PS5. PlayStation fans weren't the ones who touted (TRUE NATIVE 4K VS 1440P LOOOOL, SERIES S BETTER CPU=BETTER FRAMERATE THAN PS5 LOOOOL).

Here I'll make it easier for:

Better results for PS5 games=Win for PlayStation (I mean duh)

Same results between PS5 and XBS=Win for PlayStation

Better results for XBS but just barely=Win for PlayStation

Better results for XBS by big margin (Something like 15-20% or more)=Win for XBox

And hey Sony fans didn't dictate the rules, it's the obnoxious XBox fans with their obnoxious POWER talk before the launch of the systems. You made your bed now lie in it.

I Give Up GIF

Britney Spears Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

quazy

Neo Member
Okay but seriously. I own an XSX but today I'm on the Sony team... It's locked 60fps, why the hell didn't they make the XSX version 8K??? :messenger_hushed::messenger_hushed:

pasterpl

Yes. Most if not all exclusives games runs sub-2s.
There are several examples.

spiderman MM just under 10s

ds is 21s

not sure why you are making up 2s bullshit when it is so easy to verify

ethomaz

Banned

ds is 21s

That is not the loading time... that is the launch/boot time lol

Loading times is when you are playing and you change for new section and the game take time to load.

In both Demons Souls and MM has sub 2 seconds loading times and you can check it yourself.

Play the game before jump make cheire claims:

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

No you hinged it on your magic SSD, filling up the forum with 100s of SSD threads.

Yet now we don't hear about the magic SSd anymore. Wonder why that is.

DJ12

Only when the resolution is capped below what both consoles are capable of.
Yeah sure. Series X still dropping frames though so maybe it isn't below what both are currently capable of with this dev?

Maybe they've pitched it perfectly at the correct level.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

S version is really solid. I beat that one last year. In high res mode its native 1440p and looks great. 900p mode however is locked 60fps and plays excellent, and it doesn't look bad really. Game has almost zero load times. It was a huge jump from the Pro and One X versions.

Had to be the first warrior to take this serious.

Can't believe 2 itty bitty little frames hurt you right in the feels

Edit: 2 now 🤣🤣🤣🤣
He's right though. Xbox fans spent months leading up to launch making fun off how weak PS5 was compared to the Series X. Now that the proof has been revealed they are basically identical, there is crow to be eaten.

Shrap

You'd think for once everyone would be happy as everyone wins and the devs get a deserved pat on the back for excellent optimisation.

Actually, bugger that. Keep the fight going boys! 👊:messenger_angry:✊

Petopia

Banned
I know your being sarcastic but this is how most Sony warriors have been these past few months whenever it had 1 or 2 more frames.
Well saying that old games from bethesda going to game pass is the same too since xbox has no exclusive games and dont give me the ecosystem bs either since pc and mobile can get a piece of that pie.

jroc74

ds is 21s

TIL these are the only ways to measure load times.

Cool.

Top Bottom