• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Variety: Ed Helms Firing Up ‘The Naked Gun’ Reboot for Paramount

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I read that I was thinking of Ed Harris, which would have been kind of funny.

I will actively try to keep people away from theaters is this ever happens.

Camp Lo

Banned
H7OdL.gif

H7OdL.gif

H7OdL.gif

Meh.

I feel like I can die at this point because they don't make new movies or videogames anymore. They just recycle the old stuff over and over.

sn00zer

The whole point of Naked Gun is that Leslie Neilson was a serious actor playing the entire movie straight-faced....doesnt really make sense to have a comedian in the starring role

UrbanRats

I have the dvds of the original trilogy + TV show.
So they can do whatever they want.

But it does sound like a very stupid idea.

'There's something on the side of your mouth, Al. No, the other side.'

One of the biggest laughs I've ever had watching a movie. Can't see Ed's delivery even approaching that of Leslie's in that scene, for example. The incredible comedy resulting from Leslie's sincerity contrasted with the absurdity of the gag is something that will not be achievable with Helms, for certain.

This is all about money. If the studio was smart they'd re-release the original films. Call them 'Nothing Special Editions' or something. Enough with the FUCKING GODDAMN REMAKES OF COMEDY FILMS IN PARTICULAR.

Edit: John Hamm would have been a much MUCH stronger choice, if you MUST do this fucking remake. Not sure if he's been mentioned yet.

smr00

Banned
STOP WITH THE REBOOTS AND REMAKES.

Enough , Jesus.
Not all reboot/remakes are bad.

If you aren't interested, don't watch them. I never understood why people get so butthurt over reboots/remakes. They don't ruin your childhood and they don't ruin the original.

Look, i absolutely hate the new Oldboy remake but does it ruin the original? Make the original any less awesome? No and no. It's just a remake.

I'd love to see a return of the type of comedy that Naked Gun and Airplane were so good at. That dry, crazy, goofball comedy that you don't really see much of today. I'm not confident, however, that Ed Helms can do it.

way more

I think Chris Parnell might be a better Frank.

500full.jpg

But I'm sure he'll end up in the movie anyway. Will watch for that. Him Darrell Hammond, Will Forte, Will Arnette, David Koechner, Norm MacDonald, Fred Armison. All those guys know how to play it straight the way Leslie Nielsen did. Cast those guys as cops and the movie is practically done.

The studio has tapped the scripting team of Thomas Lennon and R. Ben Garant

Oh jeez, That can mean literally anything. As long as the script is not re-written 30 times after they finish it should be really funny.

Sanjuro

Fuck the haters.

I'd love to see what they could do with the franchise.

If I had a current fantasy castings, I would love to see Liam Neeson if they are keeping a similar tradition.

ElRenoRaven

Fuck the haters.

I'd love to see what they could do with the franchise.

If I had a current fantasy castings, I would love to see Liam Neeson if they are keeping a similar tradition.

Well seeing as how he's dead don't think they can get him. And yea throw me into the FUCK YOU HOLLYWOOD camp. Quit remaking shit goddamn it. Absolutely quit if you're going to make it worse like you have every goddamn remake in the last 10 years.

Sanjuro

Well seeing as how he's dead don't think they can get him. And yea throw me into the FUCK YOU HOLLYWOOD camp. Quit remaking shit goddamn it. Absolutely quit if you're going to make it worse like you have every goddamn remake in the last 10 years.

Liam Neeson is dead!?

I like Helms and all and love the Naked Gun movies but I just don't think this type of comedy would work in today's world.

This. Hollywood simply doesn't make this type of comedy anymore. I don't know if it's because they don't know how or audiences are too stupid to understand the subtle visual puns and wordplay but it's a lost art and it's a fucking travesty.

The Naked Gun: Fourthed Entry
That is actually a SUPURB title, my god.

Honestly, he is such a good deadpan actor, I bet he could do it.

And whoever suggested Liam Neeson, Jesus Christ that would be fucking incredible.

Ed Helms is the least funny actor in hollywood. He was the least funny person in the hangover, and even the least funny person on the Office, which takes some fucking work.

I hope he does make this film, so it bombs harder than any film has ever bombed before and hollywood gives him a boot in his ass.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Ed Helms is the least funny actor in hollywood. He was the least funny person in the hangover, and even the least funny person on the Office, which takes some fucking work.

I hope he does make this film, so it bombs harder than any film has ever bombed before and hollywood gives him a boot in his ass.

I can't think of anyone unfunnier. I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom