• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does 'Game Of Thrones' Help Keep Hollywood Blockbusters White?

He was the first Daario and was only in three episodes in one season before the part was recast (I've heard various reasons as to why).

Ed-Skrein-Daario-Game-Of-Thrones-e1441588289185.jpg

#eyebrowssoblonde #notmydaario

Naw, they're not important in the grand scheme of Hollywood because the average person can't name something the actors have been in besides Game of Thrones. Some actors already had a solid career before like Sean Bean, Headey, Dinklage, Dance but they weren't exactly Hollywood except, maybe, Sean Bean. Actors in these shows usually never go beyond the show similar to Breaking Bad, The Wire, The Shield, Sopranos, etc. They only matter now because of Game of Thrones and they'll have difficulty breaking that mold unless they try really hard now.

Ed Skrein may have had the smart idea to bail or whatever quickly (if that was his choice) because he seems to be getting consistent work that is in theaters.

Not

Banned
GAF break over temporarily to fuckin' call bullshit.

Walking Dead is as big of Game of Thrones. Steven Yeun ain't in movies.

Sorry Hollywood racists, but you don't get off by blaming TV.

Q8D3vil

Ill wait and see how good black panther does in the box office.
Hopefully it does good and open hollywood to more ethnic diverae moviea

wandering

Banned
GAF break over temporarily to fuckin' call bullshit.

Walking Dead is as big of Game of Thrones. Steven Yeun ain't in movies.

Sorry Hollywood racists, but you don't get off by blaming TV.

He's actually leading an action-thriller releasing this fall. And he was in Okja, but that was a part-Korean production anyway.

Two Words

well that was dumb.

shit was a problem long before game of thrones and will likely be there long after. pinning hollywood's whitewashing on a current popular tv show is pretty much Clickbait 101
I didn't read the article, but the title does say "help keep". That sounds more like it is saying that the problem already existed, and GoT helps keep things as they are.

samn

Ah yes, the famous Game of Thrones cast member Ed Skrein who was re-cast after one season and no one remembers that he used to be Daario.

Possibly the man with the smuggest face on planet Earth.

I barely see GoT actors in anything. When they do appear they are usually a bit crap.

Skrein doesn't have much screen presence. I really enjoyed Deadpool, but I did spend the majority of the movie waiting for the real villain that the medical orderly worked for to show up.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Has Jon Snow been in anything else since the start of the show? arguably the co-main character.
I mean I have to imagine that's partially because it's hard to film all that much unless it's a bit part given how much time you have to spend filming Game of Thrones.

He's actually leading an action-thriller releasing this fall. And he was in Okja, but that was a part-Korean production anyway.

You sure you're not mixing up Steven Yeun with John Cho who's starring in the neo noir mystery thriller Gemini with Zoe Kravitz?

However looking Steven Yeun up, I didn't realize they were making an animated film of the comic book crime series Chew right now. I'm looking forward to that.

Top Bottom