• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK GAF PS5 & Xbox Pre-order Watch

Managed to snag one from Argos yesterday. Originally tried them at 6:15am when I got into work but the checkout page was down, then eventually said they were out of stock. Got a text from the missus at around half 10 saying she'd managed to get one from them, complete with confirmation email, so I'm a happy boy.

Hope the rest of you have a successful hunt!

Roufianos

Whats going on with Simply Games and The Game Collection? I guess they haven't been able to secure any stock. 🤔

The Game Collection had a bunch of bundles which were up a while. No standalone consoles though.

Never heard anything from Simply Games but they're probably another one where it was a complete waste of time registering an interest.

Last edited:

Tangerine

The game collection did have ps5s (both variants) on offer too, without games or accessories bundled in. I tried to get one but the website tanked and became unusable. A familiar story :/ Said my IP was banned at one point when I refreshed!

• LOL
Reactions: MrS
I haven't received any email from Amazon about that.

I assume it's going to worse for the US in regards to getting a PS5 than it is for the Uk. Maybe they're having problems with stock for the digital PS5.

Rob_27

This shit better not happen on Tuesday. I'm going down my local game store in staines just in case.

They did say that if there is a substantial lock down again I can migrate the store pickup to online delivery. But I hope this is still working as well in November.

I've pre ordered Disk versions across three retailers, Amazon UK which I still have release date delivery for, GAME UK and Shopto. So far Shopto are the only one's not guaranteeing release date delivery. One's for my friend and the Game/Shopto is a backup preorder just in case Game or Shopto cancel.

I preordered the Pulse 3D audio headset from Amazon UK.

As for games I managed to get Demon Souls and Spiderman Miles Morales from Smyths.

Last edited:
I haven't received any email from Amazon about that.

I assume it's going to worse for the US in regards to getting a PS5 than it is for the Uk. Maybe they're having problems with stock for the digital PS5.

My theory about Amazon US cancelling all those orders is because 99% of them were done through the Amazon backdoor link before official Amazon preorders started. More preorders must have been made then Amazon US had stock for because of that.

Roufianos

Even then, we had less than 12 hours after the showcase. It was not a lot of time. You could have easily missed the PS5 showcase and preorders.

Yeah, I'm keeping the Box order for my brother who couldn't find one.

We had less than 2 hours actually, Game and Smyths both went up around 12am. Only reason I snagged one is because I randomly woke up and checked my phone.

RAL1992

Managed to get a pre-order in with curry's, I've had the £5 deposit taken same day and the PRE code after paying but received no confirmation email, anybody else in the same boat?

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
My Argos order is still there showing pre-ordered but still never got an email from them. Would have assumed it be cancelled out of my account by now?

Or a 'we're sorry' email with 10% off kind of thing when online retailers make a balls up?

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Game prices for PS2 to the end of PS3 were available for £30/£35 day 1 at supermarkets until the game companies I guess lobbied the government or something? Then they went to £40/£45 and lately £45/£50.

Now they are asking £70. Way too much IMO, especially as they have many other money making avenues with MT/DLC, paid online etc.
Sorry just clearing something up, are saying PS2 games where £30/35 at launch?

LENCH187

I think I have a preorder secured at Shopto.. registered interest earlier in year, confirmed preorder the other day.. but not had any emails or anything from them, and it says not to pay yet

Portugeezer

Gold Member
Emails have been shockingly bad from many places. Maybe check the spam/social/promotions tab if you use Gmail?

Anywhere not selling games for £70? It hurts to even think about buying a game for that price.

DonJorginho

Banned
Amazon UK are frauds haha, was told I would not have any payments held or charged till November, but now I am being told I will be held charges this week so my order will be cancelled as I do not get paid till later this month.

Fingers crossed ShopTo can allocate me one as I have preordered, just awaiting their stock allocation from Sony.

NeonDelta

Amazon UK are frauds haha, was told I would not have any payments held or charged till November, but now I am being told I will be held charges this week so my order will be cancelled as I do not get paid till later this month.

Fingers crossed ShopTo can allocate me one as I have preordered, just awaiting their stock allocation from Sony.
Where did you hear that? I have 1 of my preorders at amazon which I will probably cancel once game or shopto confirm I’ll have one at launch

DonJorginho

Banned
Where did you hear that? I have 1 of my preorders at amazon which I will probably cancel once game or shopto confirm I’ll have one at launch
So I was happy as larry seeing as I got a preorder and Amazon say on their site they never charge till dispatch.

However some UK Twitter accounts informed me that I should be wary due to Amazon changing their payment policies with them attempting to hold payments in the bank within 5 days.

So I asked amazon and the first worker told me this was the case, the second and third worker i spoke to told me this was not the case, and now a 4th worker has told me this is actually the case.

Last May they changed their procedures to attempt to charge after 5 days via holding payments with your bank which means you would not be allowed to spend that money, obviously I don't want that so I asked them to wait till one of my next paydays so I can allocate the amount, still trying to get to the bottom of it, have not been charged yet though so we will see, it is not looking good though!

I have a preorder awaiting confirmation for launch day allocation with ShopTo and have registered interest with Base.com

peetfeet

I think I have a preorder secured at Shopto.. registered interest earlier in year, confirmed preorder the other day.. but not had any emails or anything from them, and it says not to pay yet

In the same boat, as far as I know Shopto are waiting to hear from Sony how many they are allocated before sending emails out to confirm wether your order will be forfilled on launch or not. Consoles are allocated by the date they were pre-registered, in my case i registered interest back in february so i'm hopeful.

DonJorginho

Banned
REJOICE GAFFERS, just been told my preorder with amazon is safe as these numpties were reading the resource sheet from the order book and not the preorder book.

Fingers crossed this works out!

DonJorginho

Banned
FVwYBlI.png

Dibils2k

will there be an Xbox version of this thread?

cause i just got email from Shopto saying i can confirms my pre order at 9:30am tomorrow, but i thought preorders were going like at 8am

Tangerine

Emails have been shockingly bad from many places. Maybe check the spam/social/promotions tab if you use Gmail?

Anywhere not selling games for £70? It hurts to even think about buying a game for that price.
The game collection selling at £65

Demon Souls and Destruction all stars at 65. They dont have the spiderman mm with the old spiderman bundled in yet...but it would be 65quid too if they did I'm sure.

They are a good company. I have bought a load of xbox and switch games from them. Consistently 5quid cheaper than Amazon, game, argos etc. etc.

FUBARx89

Demon Souls and Destruction all stars at 65. They dont have the spiderman mm with the old spiderman bundled in yet...but it would be 65quid too if they did I'm sure.

They are a good company. I have bought a load of xbox and switch games from them. Consistently 5quid cheaper than Amazon, game, argos etc. etc.

To add to this, if you're wanting WD3 and AC V PS5 editions shopto are selling them at £46.85 and £47.85 respectively

For games that are cross gen, I am wondering if I should get the PS4 versions and get the free (or paid for) PS5 upgrade instead of just buying the PS5 versions. I plan on keeping my PS4 around in the spare room so having the PS4 discs and a PS5 digital copy could work pretty well (with the caveat of not being able to play them both at the same time due to needing the PS4 disc in the PS5).

Roufianos

Yea those are some pretty competitive prices, I've used them a few times.

Hopefully there's a price war with retailers closer to launch, I don't imagine they'll be selling many copies of Demon's Souls at £70.

FUBARx89

Yea those are some pretty competitive prices, I've used them a few times.

Hopefully there's a price war with retailers closer to launch, I don't imagine they'll be selling many copies of Demon's Souls at £70.

It used to be when supermarkets got involved. Can't see that happening these days

I havent used my amazon account in a while.. i managed to get a pre order on amazon uk i had my old card saved and i got an email saying payment declined

i changed to my new card and it still says delivering 19th nov hopefully it comes day 1

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ

Hostile_18

Banned
Would appreciate any UK X-box UK Pre-orders today here guys... just in case 😉.

Amazon listing is up but "unavailable" have they gone?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Managed to get a pre-order in with curry's, I've had the £5 deposit taken same day and the PRE code after paying but received no confirmation email, anybody else in the same boat?

I've spoken to their reps a couple of times, last time they said something about pre-orders depending on stock in that area, so like most other places, it's never actually 100% guaranteed. Apparently they'd working through a massive log of confirmations.

Top Bottom