• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK GAF PS5 & Xbox Pre-order Watch

Digital is a good deal if you don't miss reselling games, and you can get £100 worth of PSN top up for £70 with select retailers so it works out well.

Even before digital I rarely re-sold as I like to go back to games. And the amounts you get anyway are so crap, you're effectively paying a lot to "rent" a game if you're selling it.

Rolla

Banned
Watchdogs is the reason I'll never go all digital until I'm forced to.

I had seen the reveal at E3 2013 and was like "Yep! I'm getting a next gen console at launch!" I wasn't on gaming forums at the time and didn't do enough research. I remember popping the game in, booting it up and having the distinct feeling for the first time in my life, that I had been robbed. I put that bitch on ebay within a week and got 90% of the initial purchase price.

That shit still haunts me to this day lol

Last edited:
I’m seeing a lot of people online raging at retailers, blaming them for missing out. The reality however is there isn’t enough stock for everyone at this moment, but if you were alert enough you should have been one of the ones able to get a console! I personally could have had 15 PS5s or more myself.

Very few retailers advertized the exact time they would go live to avoid bots. People thinking retailers giving the exact time and date would have helped them secure one have no real idea of what they would be up against.

DonJorginho

Banned
Watchdogs is the reason I'll never go all digital until I'm forced to.

I had seen the reveal at E3 2013 and was like "Yep! I'm getting a next gen console at launch!" I wasn't on gaming forums at the time and didn't do enough research. I remember popping the game in, booting it up and having the distinct feeling for the first time in my life, that I had been robbed. I put that bitch on ebay within a week and got 90% of the initial purchase price.

That shit still haunts me to this day lol
I am a freak when it comes to researching every game I want right down the most minute detail, so hopefully I don't suffer the same fate!

THE:MILKMAN

Still couldn't secure a PS5 myself from JL so will leave it until the new year and get one in-store. Might pick-up a XSS+3 months of GPU if (when) I get cabin fever.

Currently playing Nathan Drake collection and GT:S but that isn't going to last me until next year.

Did any of you guys manage to pre-order a PS5 from JL today?

GET IN MAN! Happy for you both, you got a real gem there I see, she was on it!

Hoping it all gets to you both on time, what games you gonna pick up?
Thanks man. All digital too. Looking forward to getting scammed on storage in the future!

Yeah, she's alright that one. Haha!

Games wise, I'm a bit undecided probably looking at Spider-Man, Demon's Souls and Destruction All-Stars. Might grab Godfall but I'm not convinced by what I've seen thus far.

Need to get myself that Pulse Headset whilst I remember.

BravoZero

Neo Member
Really hope this is a good headset given how much Sony has talked about 3D audio. Looking forward to receiving mine.
I'm holding off on the Pulse 3D till I hear reviews, I have the Platinum headset already and it should work well on PS5.
Also the build quality of the Pulse looks cheap and it isn't foldable (Or is it?)

DonJorginho

Banned
Thanks man. All digital too. Looking forward to getting scammed on storage in the future!

Yeah, she's alright that one. Haha!

Games wise, I'm a bit undecided probably looking at Spider-Man, Demon's Souls and Destruction All-Stars. Might grab Godfall but I'm not convinced by what I've seen thus far.

Need to get myself that Pulse Headset whilst I remember.
Just buy a 3-4 TB HDD and swap games in and out the PS5 as you play!

DonJorginho

Banned
Where are you guys ordering your PS5 games from? Need to get me some spidey.
If I was going physical The Game Collection or ShopTo, always fast, cheap and reliable. ShopTo always come a day or 2 early for me!

And digital I would go for ShopTo as they offer cheap PSN Top Ups.

Smyths are a great shout for physical too.

Last edited:

Zoro7

Banned
If I was going physical The Game Collection or ShopTo, always fast, cheap and reliable. ShopTo always come a day or 2 early for me!

And digital I would go for ShopTo as they offer cheap PSN Top Ups.

Smyths are a great shout for physical too.
I usually use the game collection. Shopto doesn't seem to have games listen yet, just says register interest.

ksdixon

Argos has some ps5's

c1fG4GN.jpg

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
Yeah but I need those sweet, sweet SSD speeds! No point going next gen to suffer with load times.

What about yourself? Any games you're looking to get come launch?
Oh no I don't mean as in use that for PS5 games, as you can't. I mean as in downloading games onto the HDD then transferring them to the PS5 internal drive when you wanna play!

And I am personally going to buy 5 games, Cyberpunk, Miles Morales UE, FIFA 21 (a sucker for footy I am) and maybe AC Valhalla and WD Legion if reviews are good.

Would go for Demon Souls but I don't want to break my controller on launch day aha!

hemo memo

Gold Member
I would hope so too, I want to see how 3D audio would work when swinging through New York

Yeah I had no choice actually because here the place I pre-ordered forces you to buy 3 accessories but I was going to a second DS and the charging station anyway but wasn’t 100% sold on the Pulse 3D but had no choice and hopefully i’ll be surprised.

DonJorginho

Banned
I usually use the game collection. Shopto doesn't seem to have games listen yet, just says register interest.
Their games will likely go up next week as that is when they are announcing who's interest on consoles has become preorders.

SimplyGames are decent too.

DonJorginho

Banned
Yeah I had no choice actually because here the place I pre-ordered forces you to buy 3 accessories but I was going to a second DS and the charging station anyway but wasn’t 100% sold on the Pulse 3D but had no choice and hopefully i’ll be surprised.
I suspect hands on videos will come soon regarding it so if the reception isn't glowing I can always cancel mine.

I think it will be decent though.

Oh no I don't mean as in use that for PS5 games, as you can't. I mean as in downloading games onto the HDD then transferring them to the PS5 internal drive when you wanna play!

And I am personally going to buy 5 games, Cyberpunk, Miles Morales UE, FIFA 21 (a sucker for footy I am) and maybe AC Valhalla and WD Legion if reviews are good.

Would go for Demon Souls but I don't want to break my controller on launch day aha!
Can't believe you'd punish yourself with FIFA. WD Legion I'm getting with my 3080, and Cyberpunk is one for the PC too.

Hadn't even considered AC.

No love for the potential 70 quid waste of time that is Destruction All-Stars? 😂

DonJorginho

Banned
Can't believe you'd punish yourself with FIFA. WD Legion I'm getting with my 3080, and Cyberpunk is one for the PC too.

Hadn't even considered AC.

No love for the potential 70 quid waste of time that is Destruction All-Stars? 😂
As a diehard FIFA fan who loves his career mode I always give EA my money, sadly.

And Destruction All Stars looks fun, but for £70 I can see it being dead on arrival, £45-50 would have done the game better, actually seeing some decent length gameplay too!

user1337

Managed to log into Currys at exactly 12 and get allocated queue number 5012 lol. Eventually it dwindled down to 87 and I got my digital version on pre-order for £5 deposit. Thanks guys.

My friend is still looking for a disc version, so I'll keep an eye on this thread for the next batch.

Last edited:

LENCH187

Got one from Currys.. still have it listed on my Shopto account but no word from them what they are doing or if my preorder is even confirmed so def keeping the Currys one.. will give up my Shopto one to someone in work if its even valid

Albion

Decided to preorder a PS5. Missed out on PS4, so the PS4 exclusive games im just as excited for as the upcoming PS5 ones, can't wait.

Last edited by a moderator:

NewChoppa

Banned
Been waiting more than a week for Shopto to finally confirm preorders (was in and out of there with a disk PS5 preorder within the first couple minutes of preorders starting). Bit nervous, probably shouldn’t have just banked on them for a launch system and missed out on all these other restocks lol. Will have to keep my eyes locked on this thread in case there’s any other restocks soon

Rob_27

I got a receipt from game when ordered, do you get confirmation on what day you will receive it like other shops?

It's in my app etc but I presume it's on release day. Plus there was no deposit just £9.99 delivery.

DonJorginho

Banned
Which one of the three pre-orders do you guys reckon will have the biggest chance of arriving in one piece on launch day?

I have ordered one from Amazon UK, one from GAME UK with Royal Mail Tracked 24, and one with Smyths for delivery.

Smyths use Hermes, DHL and Yodel as far as I am aware, which one from your experiences would you recommend?

DISCLAIMER: The other two preorders I will give to random people (the slots that is), free of charge obviously.

ne1butu

Which one of the three pre-orders do you guys reckon will have the biggest chance of arriving in one piece on launch day?

I have ordered one from Amazon UK, one from GAME UK with Royal Mail Tracked 24, and one with Smyths for delivery.

Smyths use Hermes, DHL and Yodel as far as I am aware, which one from your experiences would you recommend?

DISCLAIMER: The other two preorders I will give to random people (the slots that is), free of charge obviously.

You’ll get all 3 on release.

In terms of who I would trust the most it would be Amazon

MrS

Banned
I deal with couriers all the time as part of my job. DHL are by far, BY FAR, the best of those you mentioned. Never had any issues with them and I send loads of packages with them daily. Their network is lightyears ahead of Yodel and Hermes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom