• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 300: Pereira vs. Hill - Paradise — April 13

Who wins: Pereira or Hill? Zhang or Xiaonan? Gaethje or Holloway?

• Pereira, Zhang, Gaethje.

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Pereira, Xiaonan, Gaethje.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pereira, Zhang, Holloway.

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Pereira, Xiaonan, Holloway.

• Hill, Zhang, Gaethje.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Hill, Xiaonan, Gaethje.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Hill, Zhang, Holloway.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Hill, Xiaonan, Holloway.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Some UFC Cards are just better than others and that's the case here, what I want to see is someone actually punching hard and having those punches pay off, I feel like that type of fighting isn't talked about and it's hard to find but we're probably going to see some grappling and common choke holds but than Pereira I could see inventing a new way to tap someone out.

Barack Obama Mic Drop GIF

My heart say Holloway.....But my head.... Gotta root for my fellow Hawaiian, but Max hasn't really been the way he was in the past in his last few fights. I'm hopeful that him not having to do a crazy weight cut keeps him sharp.

I'm gonna go with Hill too, I like his chances even if Periera is a straight up gangster, I think his last lost has opened the door for the formula and Hill is no slouch.

I really dig Zhang too, have for a while, don't really have a feeling one way or another on that one, but I'll just hope she gets the W.

Either way, an absolutely amazing card and I can't wait for it.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I root for pereira but i can see hill sleeping him.
Zhang is gonna demolish xiaonan.
I root for max but justin is probably gonna win, but the fight is less one sided than people think.
Nickal is probably gonna wrestlefuck brundage
I can see rakic destroying jiri's legs and win a decision if he also wrestle
Hopefully kattar is gonna ko aljo

GymWolf

Loved the presser
Really?

I thought it was boring as fuck with all the media doing the same retarded, soft ball, uninteresting questions, over and over and over.

Hey are you excited for saturday night? How how does it feel to be in vegas? Hey do you think you are gonna win? Hey i heard that you are gonna return to uk in july...Gtfo :lollipop_squinting:

The highlight was dana being pressured to gift 300k as bonus instead of the usual 50k.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
My heart say Holloway.....But my head.... Gotta root for my fellow Hawaiian, but Max hasn't really been the way he was in the past in his last few fights. I'm hopeful that him not having to do a crazy weight cut keeps him sharp. I'm gonna go with Hill too, I like his chances even if Periera is a straight up gangster, I think his last lost has opened the door for the formula and Hill is no slouch. I really dig Zhang too, have for a while, don't really have a feeling one way or another on that one, but I'll just hope she gets the W.

Either way, and absolutely amazing card and I can't wait for it.

For Max to win his footwork is going to need to be perfect. Justin's a problem because his leg kicks are so nasty if the fight stays on the feet it turns into a fire-fight that he usually comes out on top of because he's so damn tough.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Really?

I thought it was boring as fuck with all the media doing the same retarded, soft ball, uninteresting questions, over and over and over.

Hey are you excited for saturday night? How how does it feel to be in vegas? Hey do you think you are gonna win? Hey i heard that you are gonna return to uk in july...Gtfo :lollipop_squinting:

The highlight was dana being pressured to gift 300k as bonus instead of the usual 50k.

It was entertaining for me.
The bonus hype was nice.
And let's be honost. Most of the time fighters give cookie cutter answers with a small dig here and there. At least that's my take I suppose.

GymWolf

It was entertaining for me.
The bonus hype was nice.
And let's be honost. Most of the time fighters give cookie cutter answers with a small dig here and there. At least that's my take I suppose.
Cookie cutter answer to cookie cutter questions.

If someone ask you if you are excited or ready for saturday, there is not much to work with.

GymWolf

For Max to win his footwork is going to need to be perfect. Justin's a problem because his leg kicks are so nasty if the fight stays on the feet it turns into a fire-fight that he usually comes out on top of because he's so damn tough.
Justin hasn't used his leg kicks like in the past in the latest few fights he had, leg kicking a lot was a reason why he was being countered and hit so much, dude was ok with getting punched while he was leg kicking from close range.

The new justin is not gonna throw 20-30 leg kicks like in the past, i'm gonna be surprised if he threw more than 5-10.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Justin hasn't used his leg kicks like in the past in the latest few fights he had, leg kicking a lot was a reason why he was being countered and hit so much, dude was ok with getting punched while he was leg kicking from close range.

The new justin is not gonna throw 20-30 leg kicks like in the past, i'm gonna be surprised if he threw more than 5-10.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't use them heavily as part of his game-plan against Max. Holloway is a guy you want to slow down as much as you can because when he flows he's so damn slick. He could work the body or try grappling I suppose, but he's still got to work his way in.

GymWolf

I'd be surprised if he doesn't use them heavily as part of his game-plan against Max. Holloway is a guy you want to slow down as much as you can because when he flows he's so damn slick. He could work the body or try grappling I suppose, but he's still got to work his way in.
Yeah but if he tries leg kicks against max he can get a 3 punch combo in return because max id faster than other lightweight, and if the bulk gave him some power, i think justin is gonna think twice about leg kicking him, max is a better striker than most people justin fought and he can read justin better than others.

The key of the fight is justin being bothered or not by max punches, if they are too light, justin is gonna have a field day.
But if max can actually hurt him the fight change completely.

Last edited:

TheZink

My heart say Holloway.....But my head.... Gotta root for my fellow Hawaiian, but Max hasn't really been the way he was in the past in his last few fights. I'm hopeful that him not having to do a crazy weight cut keeps him sharp. I'm gonna go with Hill too, I like his chances even if Periera is a straight up gangster, I think his last lost has opened the door for the formula and Hill is no slouch. I really dig Zhang too, have for a while, don't really have a feeling one way or another on that one, but I'll just hope she gets the W.

Either way, and absolutely amazing card and I can't wait for it.
Im not Hawaiian but my closest friends are Samoan and all from Hawaii. I feel like adopted family. I really hope Max pulls it off.

Yeah but if he tries leg kicks against max he can get a 3 punch combo in return because max id faster than other lightweight, and if the bulk gave him some power, i think justin is gonna think twice about leg kicking him, max is a better striker than most people justin fought and he can read justin better than others.

The key of the fight is justin being bothered or not by max punches, if they are too light, justin is gonna have a field day.
But if max can actually hurt him the fight change completely.
If Gaethje goes in there in Homer Simpson mode, it's gonna be a hell of a show.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Very curious to see how the $300k bonuses are going to affect fighter performances tonight.
Jump-on-the-bandwagon-just-bleed.gif

feel like some fights they're going to just brawl and forget strategy. looking at bobby green vs jim miller lol some may look for the KO but sometimes that makes them worse off in the fight and costs them the fight because the opponent plays it more safe

Sterling being boring as all hell, like normal. I don't mind or even dislike wrestling/jiujitsu in fights in general, but Sterling just bores the hell out of me. I thought that he had turned a page on that second Yan fight, but I guess not.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
for the main card if i were to bet id put all my money on bo nickal lol who is brundage ???

hoping for oliveira to get the W but Armando aint no joke i think he'll try to wrestle/grapple charles like islam did still won't count out charles they both took out dariush easy i'll go with oliveira

for the last three fights i picked pereira zhang and gaethje. i think pereira vs hill is gonna be mostly striking and pereira should be the better striker but i know hill talked to izzy and izzy might have told him some of his secrets hill also has some power the way he took out johnny walker if izzy can take out pereira hill should be able to as well if he can connect. im just guessing zhang vs yan lol don't remember seeing yan fight don't know how good she is. for gaethje vs holloway holloway is moving to gaethjes weight class and i think gaethje will have the advantage fighting at lightweight gaethje is coming off amazing wins against fiziev and poirier he should have a ton of confidence going in. kinda curious if the extra weight is going to give holloway more power or if his chin is going to be affected from gaethjes power at light weight

Top Bottom