• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 261: Usman vs. Masvidal 2

Usman or Masvidal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GymWolf

He's got a great jab, sometimes it turns to a straight. He puts his weight behind it & that opens him up to counters.
Burns caught him 20 seconds into the fight with an overhand. He spoke to people he's sparred with and they know the weak points best. If Burns got up & continued the standup he could've done much better.
If Masvidal keeps him at a distance, counters & stays away from the cage he has a great chance. He's got great technique comparatively & if he keeps it calm. Who knows.

I think usman jab is onestly more techinical that anything jorge has in his arsenal.

A good jab is incredibly rare in mma, more than some switch stance punch.

Also marty can strike with zero fear of takedowns, jorge is always gonna look for that and you can't fight at your best because of that.

Last edited:
I think usman jab is onestly more techinical that anything jorge has in his arsenal.

Also marty can strike with zero fear of takedowns, jorge is always gonna look for that and you can't fight at your best because of that.
The snap of the jab is my only concern as he steps into it thus generating power, its supposed to setup the straight. His work with Whitman is bearing fruit and I'm excited to see it develop. Coupled with his wrestling its a deadly combo, watch out for knees please.

In an hour & half or so

regawdless

Banned

This. GSP jabbed people so much, and pretty hard, without most of them having an answer. A good jab is a very powerful tool.

Love Usman. Will be watching and rooting for him tomorrow for sure.

Not sure how much of the card I will watch. Probably try to catch all the main card at least.
I can't stand Usman. He wants to be a bad guy, but he just doesn't have the charisma at all. Whereas Covington pulls off the Comic Book Bad Guy shit so well. But damn if I don't respect his skill. He's insanely talented and he looks to be in even better shape than his last 2 fights. I foresee him being the champ for a while or as long as he wants. Rooting for him to lose, but I wouldn't bet on it.

mekes

I'm not particularly an Usman fan but he has really surprised me since becoming champ. I think he will win the fight because he seems to have almost made it a habit to turn a fight to his advantage, even if he gets rocked or doesnt seem to have the answer in the early rounds. When he has to dig deep into the well to find an answer, he produces his best work. Its hugely impressive.

For that reason I think Usman wins. It takes away from the "What if" element that these fights can usually pose. I just hope it's a good fight. I do think Mas can make it an intriguing fight. But I choose Usman either way!

Jrizzle5000

Neo Member
I'm excited for this fight card. Getting the grill ready in the a.m. Hope Jorge can win but Usman has really gotten better over the last year. But I've seen some crazier things. Also looking forward to the Weidman fight as well. Just missed getting a ticket to this event.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Molina wins the battle of the sparring partners. That was amateur as fuck, Rogan the hype man.

Crowds & ric fairing.. It's been too long. I miss the intimacy of the apex, the fights seemed rawer, but crowds can accentuate the experience.

Prelims, whooooooo. Bad boy Bruce Buffer.

Connelly has been on the ground 10 minutes almost. Don't get taken down in the 3rd.

Meh fight, middleweights next.

Last edited:
Allen using the fence, pulling to improve ground position is bullshit. Miragliotta is blind?

It's OK, opponent is stupid. Last 10 seconds goes for a submission & gets submitted.

Last edited:

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
WTF are they referencing Toto yet cannot even buy the license to the song, blood-sucking cheap ass cunts at ESPN - change your promo then you dicks.

Top Bottom