• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 261: Usman vs. Masvidal 2

Usman or Masvidal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2A3VREQ.jpg

I'm looking forward to the 3 title fights & they look like bangers finally getting a live audience.

I see Kamaru stomping Masvidal, Weili & Bullet beating Rose & Andrade.

GymWolf

I have usman by ass raping.

The other 2 are more difficult but crybaby boyo looking rose was getting pieced up in the third round of the reamtch against andrade...weili is gonna fuck her up in 5 rounds.

The bullet is the favourite but if someone has the puncher chance (or the i lift and slam you on your fucking head chance) that is andrade, and she is not gonna go down for some punches without a sever weight cut like at 115 lb.

GymWolf

Hard to see Usman losing, but Jorge had a longer fight camp and more time to prepare so maybe he has some new tricks up his sleeve. Not sure about Weili vs Rose, but I see Shevchenko beating Andrade. Glad to see live audiences back it'll be great.
I bet usman improved his stand up game more than jorge from their last match...

GymWolf

agreed usmans foot stomps are gonna be on point !! haha

jking I still think Usman is going to wanna wrestle to take out some of the pep in masvidals strikes and tire him out maybe hopefully there will be more stand up

I love me some foot stompy from time to time.

You think that he is gonna wrestle,i have the strong impression that he is gonna stand more compared to the last fight.

Usman is not tittysanya who called out romero promising a ko but in the end runned away like a bitch for the whole fight after the first punch yoel throwed at him, marty called jorge out saying that he is gonna smash him and he didn't used his wrestling against burns, arguably a bigger and more powerful puncher\kicker than masvidal, i tend to believe the champion this time, he is gonna at least try to stand with jorge imo and i don't know if jorge can deal with usman's educated stiff jab from both stances...

Last edited:

Irobot82

Lol that's true, but on my book, cringe street jesus is even more annoying, especially because he was famous he talked shit about all the cringy fighters, he become what he supposedly hated for his own life, and even worse, a shitty version of a cringe fighter.
The whole division is just terrible. All the top dogs are cringe as fuck

Usman (foot stomp, crotch sniffing) Don't get me wrong I love a good wrestler, like Asken 10 years ago. But he's so fake an lame.
Masvidal (Street thug cool guy, blah blah, BMF whatever)
Covington (Nobody cares until I loved Trump, fake personality like a pro-wrestler)

Fuuuuuuuck.

Maybe Wonderboy can be our savior.

Edit: Out of those three. I like watching Covington fight the most. He's like a shitty Max Holloway.

Last edited:

GymWolf

The whole division is just terrible. All the top dogs are cringe as fuck

Usman (foot stomp, crotch sniffing) Don't get me wrong I love a good wrestler, like Asken 10 years ago. But he's so fake an lame.
Masvidal (Street thug cool guy, blah blah, BMF whatever)
Covington (Nobody cares until I loved Trump, fake personality like a pro-wrestler)

Fuuuuuuuck.

Maybe Wonderboy can be our savior.
Yep, wonderboy deserve a fucking title shot.

only recently started getting into UFC, but I just have a feeling the main event is going to go the distance and end by decision.

is there good odds that happens?

Last edited:
Only fight from the main card that I'm interested in as it could really be a toss up for a winner is the Thug Rose/Zhang fight. They are both incredible fighters and that could go either way. Usman is gonna do it again, and Schevchenko will do what she does best. Is that Weidman vs. Hall, Uriah Hall? I thought Hall was on his way out.

I will say I'd love a Masvidal win though as I really want to see Covington/Masvidal happen. Hell, I feel like Covington deserves more of a second crack at Usman than Masvidal.

Last edited:
Team Weili as well.

Covington is standing in for the main, so if you wanna see a different match... They're in Florida, where Florida men do Florida things.

Arrested Development Flirt GIF

Last edited:
I don't really see the point in this one to be honest. Maybe if Masvidal had gone on a tear since the first fight or something. Otherwise, it's almost certain to be really boring, much like their first fight. The only way Masvidal can take this is if Usman pulls an Askren, or decides to show off and box, getting caught. There is literally nothing Masvidal can do if this goes to the fences again.

I don't really see the point in this one to be honest. Maybe if Masvidal had gone on a tear since the first fight or something. Otherwise, it's almost certain to be really boring, much like their first fight. The only way Masvidal can take this is if Usman pulls an Askren, or decides to show off and box, getting caught. There is literally nothing Masvidal can do if this goes to the fences again.
Kamaru is with Whitman & the improvement in the standup & some of the decision making will come. I see some wrestling or caution in the 1st round. Once the adrenalin rush has dissipated in Masvidal, Kamaru will beat him.

Masvidal had a full camp, so hopefully he's ready. He has a punchers chance.

manfestival

The end result is going to be the same. May play out a little different but Usman is gonna have that W. It was such a big difference last time.

Anyways back to my normal predictions that tend to be right cause my accuracy is great BABYAAAAY

Usman V Masvidal: Usman
Zhang V Rose: Zhang is just better than her in every attribute. If this isn't a beat down then call me a clown in the next thread(call me a clown anyways).
Shevchenko V Andrade: Shevchenko because she is the only person that gave Amanda a challenge period.
Weidman V Hall: Hall all day. Suck my balls Weidman
Smith V Crute: This one is tough to call cause Crute has beaten a bunch of duds but he has done so in convincing manner. Smith is on a decline but is still a lethal contender(unlike Woodley OHHHH). Since I have to make a call, Smith. He has the better kill count and experience.

Side note: Zhang to me is the most exciting female fighter. Nunes may be the better p4p. She just isn't as exciting to watch.

Last edited:

mxbison

This is the only match-up where I'll root for Usman.

Masvidal refusing to fight any contenders and gets another title fight because UFC is marketing him as this crazy knockout artist gangster after the Askren fight (who just got KO'd by a youtuber). Dude has like 90% decisions in his career and probably loses to most of the top 10.

They even created that ridiculous BMF belt for him, why can't he just "defend" that?

Sucker punches Leon Edwards and doesn't respond to any of the callouts. Gamebred my ass.

GymWolf

This is the only match-up where I'll root for Usman.

Masvidal refusing to fight any contenders and gets another title fight because UFC is marketing him as this crazy knockout artist gangster after the Askren fight (who just got KO'd by a youtuber). Dude has like 90% decisions in his career and probably loses to most of the top 10.

They even created that ridiculous BMF belt for him, why can't he just "defend" that?

Sucker punches Leon Edwards and doesn't respond to any of the callouts. Gamebred my ass.
More like cringebred lately.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
This fight is a big deal Masvidal might not fight again after this and needs this win, he’s pushing 40 and has wishful thinking. Usman is at his best 100 % I don’t know who will win.

GymWolf

They couldn't pronounce Kamaru so went with Marty. He stuck with it through college & Rose through the bullshit to get where he is. Askren is a pos, if you hadn't figured that out then...
Yeah i know he is an idiot.

I choose the wrong words, he didn't created the nickname, just made it famous.

I badly would love to see Masvidal win the belt as I love what that'd mean for the future potential fights, but anyone would be a fool to bet against Marty. Marty looks like he's in great shape and he's easily the most dangerous guy in the division. I'd love to eat some crow on that fight, but I feel pretty confident that Marty takes that victory easily.

I dont know...I do think Masvidal could take this. He did well on short notice, as long as he doesnt have some hidden injuries I think he is more of a challenge than Colby. Colby is a cardio machine but he has powder punches. Masvidal seems like a guy to bitch slap you and knock you out.

GymWolf

After the burns fight, not even him really believe this...unless he is a moron.

They guy KOed burns with fucking jabs and some straight...

After the burns fight, not even him really believe this...unless he is a moron.

They guy KOed burns with fucking jabs and some straight...
He's got a great jab, sometimes it turns to a straight. He puts his weight behind it & that opens him up to counters.
Burns caught him 20 seconds into the fight with an overhand. He spoke to people he's sparred with and they know the weak points best. If Burns got up & continued the standup he could've done much better.
If Masvidal keeps him at a distance, counters & stays away from the cage he has a great chance. He's got great technique comparatively & if he keeps it calm. Who knows.

Last edited:
Top Bottom