• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division 2 60fps next gen patch arrives on Feb 2nd for PS5 and XSX

Edgelord79

Gold Member
The first game sort of bored me, as I was playing alone, but I often think back on the awesome atmosphere they created with snow-filled New York. Does this game ever get close to that sense of place or atmosphere? I may jump back in if the answer is yes.

Hopefully they also add survival back, because that may actually be fun to play solo.
Nope. The dark zone in the snow was awesome. The second game doesn't come close to the aesthetics of the first.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Nope. The dark zone in the snow was awesome. The second game doesn't come close to the aesthetics of the first.
I was so excited to read that they were doing DLC set in New York, and then I saw that it wasn't during winter. Missed opportunity twice in one game.

This game is so good. Own it on every platform.

Played a bit on Series X this morning. Feels and looks so good.

Wish they’d take it a step further and push out some more settings, use the SSD fully, etc.

One of the most underrated games, especially technically.
I just picked it up on sale for $8 yesterday, waiting for the download to finish. There's a problem not sure if it's my routers end or on PS5, if the game downloads directly from store to the external HDD on PS5, it disconnects from network with DNS errors :( frequently regardless is the system is on rest mode or powered on

Last edited:

WeakerTO22

Neo Member
Can anyone tell me what the patch notes for the Series X version should be? I'm showing only up to 1.12. Is it not supposed to be 12.1? I am not getting any further updates showing on the console. And I reinstalled the game and it still only goes up to 1.12. Any help?

S0ULZB0URNE

This game is so good. Own it on every platform.

Played a bit on Series X this morning. Feels and looks so good.

Wish they’d take it a step further and push out some more settings, use the SSD fully, etc.

One of the most underrated games, especially technically.
Cross Save and Cross Play would be great.

GymWolf

I have to remember some names in here for the next inevitable discussion about how much of a waste of money is to build a pc to play everything at 4k60...

Last edited:
I am just getting into division 2 for the first time thanks to the 60fps patch on PS5. Bought the base game thanks to it being on sale for $8. Is the warlords of new york expansion worth it?

Have a blast man, DC post apocalyptic looks insane in UBI's SnowDrop engine..incredibly detailed.

Haven't had a chance to fire it up still got ish to do in DC but its a BIG chunk of NY with Beefy content and SP to do. Original MSRP was $29, now you can find it for like $8..you got nothin to loose 🤜🤛

Night.Ninja

Banned
The first game sort of bored me, as I was playing alone, but I often think back on the awesome atmosphere they created with snow-filled New York. Does this game ever get close to that sense of place or atmosphere? I may jump back in if the answer is yes.

Hopefully they also add survival back, because that may actually be fun to play solo.
Thats what I did and I didn't enjoy it, you need to play it with someone else preferably some one with a mic and the game is so much more enjoyable.

Mr Moose

Scroll up, someone said they were downloading 65GB, so it was not clear. If it is just a 4GB patch, then they just did what a few other games like Tsushima have done.
65GB update without any other updates/patches.

In case anyone is wondering, it's just a PS4 game via BC (I am running it from external, and you can't do that with PS5 games, and if you go to "game version" it'll tell you it's PS4).

WeakerTO22

Neo Member
Loading times and frame rate are a big change and major improvement. Resolution is no different as I was previously playing it on a One X which was native 4K anyways.

Mr Moose

I didn’t think a Ubisoft game of all things would create so much division in the eternal console war.
giphy.gif

Ooofff did they really said that it will be released this feb in this year? Nice! Seems like a lot of people are waiting for its release. However, I noticed that this game is kind of underrated for its amazing features. I do hope that it will be on the spotlight was well. It also deserve the attention some games with so-so quality are getting haha. Are there any videos or trailers about the games that I can watch? Or do you guys have some tips and tricks on how to win the game and level up fast?

Schorschi

Is this a next gen Patch? Borderlands 3 and other games are ps5 games on my folder, the division 2 stands for ps4 🤔... Excuse my poor english...

Shmunter

I was told here that only the Xbox games were capable of being boosted in framerate like Warzone and Rocket league. If that isn't true why haven't those other PS4 games been boosted like this one?
You were misinformed, there are PS4 games that run 60fps on PS5 but locked 30 on Pro. This is one of them.

However there is no 120fps mode support for Bc on PS5 for some reason. Seems arbitrary considering some games even run in 120 on PS4 for VR gameplay.

One day maybe Sony will lift the restriction, maybe not.

Personally I think 120 is a double edged sword. Games can’t advance gfx if they are beholden to working at 120. Would rather 60 target with max gfx for future titles, forget pandering to 120.

Last edited:

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I saw videos and the game still looks far from the original bull shots. We were pretty foolish back then thinking we would come close to this within the last generation.

image_tom_clancy_s_the_division-22299-2751_0004.jpg

Withnail

You were misinformed, there are PS4 games that run 60fps on PS5 but locked 30 on Pro. This is one of them.

However there is no 120fps mode support for Bc on PS5 for some reason. Seems arbitrary considering some games even run in 120 on PS4 for VR gameplay.

One day maybe Sony will lift the restriction, maybe not.

Personally I think 120 is a double edged sword. Games can’t advance gfx if they are beholden to working at 120. Would rather 60 target with max gfx for future titles, forget pandering to 120.

When running in BC mode there's also no access to PS5 features like haptic feedback and activity cards, both of which could be great for this game. Those APIs just aren't available to PS4 games. But I guess a full PS5 port would be too much to ask for an older game like this.

Shmunter

When running in BC mode there's also no access to PS5 features like haptic feedback and activity cards, both of which could be great for this game. Those APIs just aren't available to PS4 games. But I guess a full PS5 port would be too much to ask for an older game like this.
Yes, it’s just boosting resources, not enabling new feature.

I was told here that only the Xbox games were capable of being boosted in framerate like Warzone and Rocket league. If that isn't true why haven't those other PS4 games been boosted like this one?

Xbox Series X BC allows for quick updates on Xbox version for quick boosted frame rate additions. There are Xbox Series X games that still runs at 30fps from the Xbox One X versions because of frame rate caps. It's as simple as that, if a game has frame rate cap, no way can Xbox nor PS unlock them unless the devs patch it in. Its going to be very very difficult for both of them to brute force unlock the frame rate cap from a hardware side of things. I think Xbox might be able to, they've got Brute by their side

Mr.ODST

Xbox Series X BC allows for quick updates on Xbox version for quick boosted frame rate additions. There are Xbox Series X games that still runs at 30fps from the Xbox One X versions because of frame rate caps. It's as simple as that, if a game has frame rate cap, no way can Xbox nor PS unlock them unless the devs patch it in. Its going to be very very difficult for both of them to brute force unlock the frame rate cap from a hardware side of things. I think Xbox might be able to, they've got Brute by their side

This including the fact Xbox versions can just be updated (only ones that couldn't seem to be COD Cold War?), Some games need a separate PS5 version to gain the changes, like Immortals, Ghost Recon etc so might take abit more time to make them and get it approved.

This including the fact Xbox versions can just be updated (only ones that couldn't seem to be COD Cold War?), Some games need a separate PS5 version to gain the changes, like Immortals, Ghost Recon etc so might take abit more time to make them and get it approved.

Ghost recon was just a patch buddy, there's no separate version for Ghost Recon on PS5. It's just PS4 pro code running at 60fps patch. Immortals has separate versions for PS5 and XSX

Mr.ODST

Ghost recon was just a patch buddy, there's no separate version for Ghost Recon on PS5. It's just PS4 pro code running at 60fps patch. Immortals has separate versions for PS5 and XSX
Really? My version was showing a PS5 | Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Either way excited to play Division 2 finally at 60fps

Really? My version was showing a PS5 | Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Either way excited to play Division 2 finally at 60fps

If it's running a PS5 version of the game it'd not be running at 1080p for 60fps :) the very reason it's running at 1080p/60fps just says it's the PS4 version patched out for higher frame rate.

Mr.ODST Mr.ODST Division 2 on PS5 has been a blast so far, first time playing the game thanks to the 60fps patch. Transformative so far, just wish the patch also included adaptive triggers and haptic feedback. Also one issue the game has even with the patch is annoying LOD pop ups, infuriating.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
I hated this game, always felt like I was running in treacle. Just tried it On Series S and it feels way way way better. I actually quite like it now. Never has a game that has gone to 60 from 30fps been so transformed so much to me personally. Just wish they would do the first game as well.
BTW 10hour trial is available for all.

Top Bottom