• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 76 gets 60fps patch for PS5 and XSX.

Thought I'd mention it for the few faithful out there still playing, but today's patch for Fallout 76 now has the game running in native 60fps (and I think 4K too) on the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X.

Previously you could only get 60fps via Game Boost on XSX but it reverted to Xbox One S mode rather than One X.

nani17

are in a big trouble
I played it awhile back and I have to admit probably the nicest community I've ever played with. Most people I meet online were willing to help me and give me advice. A few players gave me items to they didn't need anymore because I was a new player.

Stafford

Was this announced at all? This is a very nice surprise. I will still miss proper VATS, but it is what it is.

NickFire

But I thought Microsoft wanted to bury Sony…
Didn't they convince the EU that they did not mislead them before that acquisition because they were referring to existing games only?

Pretty sure they did, and regardless, the last thing they are going to do is stop supporting an existing game on PS the same season as their FTC trial and CMA appeal.

Wooxsvan

huzzah GIF

Didn't they convince the EU that they did not mislead them before that acquisition because they were referring to existing games only?

Pretty sure they did, and regardless, the last thing they are going to do is stop supporting an existing game on PS the same season as their FTC trial and CMA appeal.
Just like Minecraft… oh wait!

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Oh no they compromised their criative vision
This just proves how much of an afterhtought 60fps is (as it should be). This shit came out in 2018, was quite literally one of the buggiest AAA games of all time, ran at 30fps, and they are just now patching it to run at 60fps.

Devs simply have other priorities. Expect more of this. If we're lucky Starfield might get a 60fps patch on Xbox Series XXX Pro

Last edited:

unlurkified

Wow, been waiting years for this. Seemed really strange at the MS conference when they showed a trailer for the newest DLC when the game was still not upgraded for current gen.

Does anyone know if/how the resolutions have been adjusted? Hopefully it’s been bumped up from 1440p on PS. If not, 4K60 on Series X should be nice. Gonna reinstall and test out both versions today.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
This just proves how much of an afterhtought 60fps is (as it should be). This shit came out in 2018, was quite literally one of the buggiest AAA games of all time, ran at 30fps, and they are just now patching it to run at 60fps.

Devs simply have other priorities. Expect more of this. If we're lucky Starfield might get a 60fps patch on Xbox Series XXX Pro
Yeah.. the definition of lucky for the usual xbox fan is clearly different than mine.. thank god

unlurkified

I agree, it is strange. I just played through Farcry 5 on PS5 which they just bumped up to 60fps for its 5th anniversary. I’m guessing that a majority of devs just don’t touch the console version of their games outside of development/testing.

Where is Redfall ans Starfield ports for PS5?

You can even get Bethesda's games on PS Premium...or Fallout 4 on PS collection when was avaliable..those are pre purchase agreements
Tell Sony to pay MS money to put it on their service. Not my fault you bought a PlayStation and therefore have to pay around 80 dollars for one game.

Last edited:
Got to give Bethesda props here. They have kept working on F76 and have actually made a good game out of it. There are plenty of people playing it, and they keep updating it.

This seems to be the way with live service games.
They normally release to mediocre reception (F76, ESO, Sea of Theives, Fortnite) and then if the devs keep working on it and improving it, there is a decent chance it will find an audience.

You game on PC right? Easy for you guys to say this when you have all your old games available at whatever settings you'd like

So, we know Starfield will only have a 30 fps mode even though many people wish for 60. Do you also believe the idea of a future 60 patch should be an 'afterthought' for Starfield? What about RDR2 even though it plays so much better at 60 fps.

Considering how relatively easy it is to patch for 60 fps, and how much better a game plays and feels, I strongly disagree with you.

Unless you're the type of gamer who has no interest in replaying a game you've already played, I vehemently disagree with you.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Real talk, should I try Fallout 76? Is it a respectable Fallout game now? I haven’t played in forever.
Kind of wondering that too. For a friend of course.
It’s a decent game. Barrier to entry is low and you definitely get your money’s worth. Unlike Rockstar who abandoned Red Dead Online and has put it in maintenance mode, Bethesda has been quietly updating Fallout 76, much like Ubisoft has been doing for The Division 2.

Just manage your expectations. It’s Fallout 4‘s guts with multiplayer and a better locale.

93xfan

Banned

Pretty sure no one will buy that console to play games.

Also, beware of buying used and meeting up at the seller’s house to “test it out”

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
No…it’s terrible.
But don’t take my word for it. If you have it available to download somewhere, try it out. You be the judge. I only have my own opinion on it.

How much of it can be played just via game pass? does it have any separate fee/sub requirements on top?

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
How much of it can be played just via game pass? does it have any separate fee/sub requirements on top?
I’m not sure, I played it on PS not too long ago. I can’t speak for game pass. I believe it does have a separate sub to get extra stuff with a monthly sub price, but the base features are nothing on top of whatever you paid for the base game. I imagine it’s like GAAS with the base price and add ons like a season pass. Similar to Battlefield 2042s set up.

Top Bottom