• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prince of Persia The Lost Crown by Digital Foudnry

DaGwaphics

I like it. The combat is no joke for me even on the standard setting, LOL. So far I like the variety of attacks/moves so far.

I think the graphics are really nice for this type of game, could you imagine what we would of thought of something like this back when 2d ruled the world.

DaGwaphics

Had no idea we were getting a demo

Craziest thing is that I never found it on the Xbox store on the console, but I was able to get it from the store website. I've forgotten how to use the store apparently (maybe there is a separate spot for demos, I always just use the search) , or I'm just having a blind day and kept overlooking it.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Almost forgot too:

Dj Khaled Mtv Emas GIF by 2020 MTV EMA

:messenger_beaming:

Mr.Phoenix

like.. learn how to read? lol. I didn't say the game is mediocre. I said the graphics are mediocre. Ori and the blind forest on xbox one look better than this. so yeah. its mediocre graphically. you like it ? more power to you bud.
Think you are the one that should learn to read. I said, "must everything look like cyberpunk" meaning I knew you are talking about the graphics.
and I said I would buy it when its cheaper. regardless of the platform. the game looks fun and the reviews are great. why wouldn't I ?
You didn't say you would buy it "regardless of the platform" you said you would buy it specifically on PC.
by default. my consoles are for exclusives. PC is for multi platform games unless the multi platform game is shit on PC. then ill buy it on console. its just common sense.
Then you could have just said this instead of some nonsense about not running at 4K 120 on consoles like that is supposed to be the single most important thing in the world.
and its trolling. its sad. I don't think the xbox or PS5 are weak per say. but you would expect more optimization would have got the game locked. especially when its not that demanding.
The one thing you have said I could agree with. A simple DRS implementation would have ensured that everything stays locked.

//DEVIL//

Think you are the one that should learn to read. I said, "must everything look like cyberpunk" meaning I knew you are talking about the graphics.

You didn't say you would buy it "regardless of the platform" you said you would buy it specifically on PC.

Then you could have just said this instead of some nonsense about not running at 4K 120 on consoles like that is supposed to be the single most important thing in the world.

The one thing you have said I could agree with. A simple DRS implementation would have ensured that everything stays locked.

try and break what I said next time to a letter by letter just so it fits your agenda of your continues stupid post. it seems everyone got the joke and laughed but you. figures. as this is not the first time you try and pick an argue with me . I must be hitting a nerve with you heh. regardless...

You said "how is the game mediocre... must everything look like cyberpunk?" that comment your questioning why the game mediocre. like... wtf, this is my opinion. it IS mediocre graphically and if you can't see it, go play some ps2 games you will enjoy the graphics there.

Then you come and jump at me saying I will not buy the game on consoles even if its 8k 120. who gives a fuck where I buy it on ? I made it clear where I buy my games. yet you have the audacity to quote me again on that ? jesus.

and its not a nonsese. its the truth. but YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.gif The game is not running 4k 120 fps. you hurt about it ? The devs thought its important enough to add it. great but it's not locked at 120fps. I pointed it out and made fun about it. because this is { I repeat it again just to hit a nerve again. a MEDIOCRE looking side scrolling game....... are you triggered ?

MEDIOCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.... how about now ?

( I am teasing you man lol )

Last edited:

Little Mac

Gold Member
Playing the demo on PS5 and the controls are very responsive. Definitely a plus. Lack of HDR sucks though imo. The colors just look off to me and it’s rather distracting. Hard to explain. Maybe it’s my calibration? It looks better in YouTube videos imo. Going from Spider-man Remastered to this is somewhat jarring. I thought the 120hz vrr would be awesome but I’d trade 120hz for better textures and hdr at 60fps anyday of the week. Character designs and art direction are fine imo. Gameplay is fun and, again, it controls very well.

Edit: Having played through it twice, second time on a harder difficulty, I’m convinced I will be buying it, but I’m going to wait for a sale. If the graphic issues I mentioned earlier weren’t there or were fixed/patched, I would have purchased it at full price.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I think the game looks really bad. They switched to Rayman Legends footage in the middle of the video and it looked better. Way better lighting and background quality. This feels like a drab, soulless, and dated art style that cant even compete with a 2012 Wii U game.

Ori came out years ago and looks better than this:

I am honestly not sure what criteria DF uses to critique visuals anymore because the lavish praise being thrown at this game in this video is baffling.

Moon Studios next game is coming out in under two months. How will DF review an actual good looking game?

Shakka43

Just Installed the demo through Epic Games(Heroic Launcher) on the Deck. Running it at High settings it is pretty much locked to 90fps 😍. I'm pretty sure I'll end up buying it pretty soon.

Too bad at no HDR though.

Mister Wolf

Imagine this in 3D, would look great.

Releasing in early 2024. 27" 4K 160hz Gsync. 2K in 3D mode.

List of games already officially supported by their previous 3D products that released in 2023:

Like steam deck unofficial games work to varying degrees. I know that the Citra 3DS emulator works according to the forums.

Last edited:

Little Mac

Gold Member
Moon Studios next game is coming out in under two months. How will DF review an actual good looking game?

Sadly No Rest For The Wicked doesn’t release in under two months. There is a digital showcase on March 1st. And there is a Steam early access sometime in fiscal 2024. I don’t think it will launch in 2024. Having said all that, it’s my most anticipated release.

I think the game looks really bad. They switched to Rayman Legends footage in the middle of the video and it looked better. Way better lighting and background quality. This feels like a drab, soulless, and dated art style that cant even compete with a 2012 Wii U game.

I am honestly not sure what criteria DF uses to critique visuals anymore because the lavish praise being thrown at this game in this video is baffling.

No Rest for the Wicked drops in 2 months!?!??!

Sadly No Rest For The Wicked doesn’t release in under two months. There is a digital showcase on March 1st. And there is a Steam early access sometime in fiscal 2024. I don’t think it will launch in 2024. Having said all that, it’s my most anticipated release.

Well fuck me then.

On topic, demo is solid, will buy at $20.

Closer

Didn't know about this game. I just finished the first Blasphemous and had a great time. Hope to have a great time with this game also. It looks really nice imo.

Last edited:

Summary (if anyone wants to make a better one, go ahead)

- 4K/60fps on PS5/XSX

- 4K/120fps on PS5/XSX. 120fps mode is more stable on XSX.

- 1440p/60fps on XSX. DF says that on PS4 Pro and presumably Xbox One Although Xbox Series S has less loading times and textures at a higher resolution than PS4 Pro.

- 1080p/60fps in docked mode and 720p/60fps in handheld mode (NSW).

website

website

The 60fps mode isn’t higher res like 6k or 8k?

Banjo64

cumsessed
This is made by Ubisoft Montpellier? Wow. Completely slipped me by. I thought they were stuck in hell with BG&E2.

Game looks great, like a 2D classic God of War game.

Rayman Legends was an unbelievable game.

I will try this out but probably once it’s £10 or so.

Since you’re a guy trying to save the prince this time, expect the guy to be the prince’s boyfriend until proven otherwise.
In the demo they say Sargon had a training mentor named Anahita. This chick is the one who betrayed them all and kidnapped the Prince. I wouldn’t be surprised if she ends up being a love interest for him with a weird Mentor/Student dynamic. But we’ll see how it plays out I guess.

Astray

Gold Member
- 1080p or 1440p display owners should lock to 60hz instead (as they won't have 120hz VRR fallback) * (my note: I thought both PS5/SX supported 120hz 1440p with VRR ?)
The consoles do support it, but all TVs that support VRR support 4k120, meaning a distinction isn't necessary on his part.

When he talks about 1440p or 1080p display owners he's referring to PC users who might have monitors that don't support adaptive sync of any kind..

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
Major 3rd party publisher games in 2D in the last 10 years.
- Tropical Freeze 2014
- Metroid Dread 2020
- Mario Wonder 2023
- Prince of Persia 2024

That's about it ...
Rayman Legends for PS4/XBO, Child of Light, LittleBigPlanet 3, Yoshi's Woolly World, Matterfall, Kirby Star Allies, Sonic Superstars, etc.

Last edited:

Imtjnotu

Must you compare the look of every game to another game you think looks better.....

You need more camera flashes my guy

Top Bottom