• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division 2 60fps next gen patch arrives on Feb 2nd for PS5 and XSX

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I'm playing single player (mostly), and it's still pretty good but some moments are clearly made with co-op in mind. But it scales well and you can always matchmake if you're having troubles.
thanks for the heads up dude
imma pass

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Division is known for challenging third person shooters, I’m glad they happened but I ask Ubisoft what makes them think this will be a sound franchise? It doesn’t challenge Ghost Recon or Hitman in gameplay, it doesn’t challenge Last of Us in story Division. It’s a solid shooter and I’m actually optimistic about Division 3.

CitizenZ

Banned
Division is known for challenging third person shooters, I’m glad they happened but I ask Ubisoft what makes them think this will be a sound franchise? It doesn’t challenge Ghost Recon or Hitman in gameplay, it doesn’t challenge Last of Us in story Division. It’s a solid shooter and I’m actually optimistic about Division 3.

D3 shelved due to the devs wasting time on a Star Wars game.

Can we get someone to share the PS5 60fps footage, I am holding back from getting it until I see it for myself. Also is the base version of the game which is on sale, does that qualify for the 60fps patch?

Pedro Motta

This game is amazing, have over 100 hours in it, and another 100 hours in the first one. Going to download it again today!

Raven117

I like The Division franchise quite a bit. I think they missed the mark with the D.C. location as opposed to the snowy New York. A snowy London, Hong Kong, even Paris, I think would have helped it.

Also, the minute to minute gameplay just isnt as awesome as Destiny, but I still think its enjoyable. If they were able to work on the bullet sponges and reward tactical gameplay, then it would be a real winner in my book.

TriSuit666

Banned
I like The Division franchise quite a bit. I think they missed the mark with the D.C. location as opposed to the snowy New York. A snowy London, Hong Kong, even Paris, I think would have helped it.

Also, the minute to minute gameplay just isnt as awesome as Destiny, but I still think its enjoyable. If they were able to work on the bullet sponges and reward tactical gameplay, then it would be a real winner in my book.
Yeah, this is how I feel to be honest after 75-ish hours in it - I got to the point where I couldn't be arsed with the random encounters and actively avoided them to get to the next mission just to push the story on a bit (and oooh, here's Black Tusk... great).

And the ending of WONY is totally blown by the Season 4 content, so spoilers if you've not started it yet.

Ev1L AuRoN

Used to play with friends on PS4, since I sold it and play only on PC I'm looking forward to the cross play feature.

saintjules

So I installed the game from scratch again since I had it uninstalled for a while. 1.30 update is showing at 65.9gb. Perhaps this is compiling up all of the updates prior in addition to the 4k/60fps update?

VQEw3wd.jpg

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
So I installed the game from scratch again since I had it uninstalled for a while. 1.30 update is showing at 65.9gb. Perhaps this is compiling up all of the updates prior in addition to the 4k/60fps update?

VQEw3wd.jpg
So it's not even full on PS5 version? It's just a PS4++ version, well it's Ubisoft.

GymWolf

Does anyone still play this one on sony consoles?

I kinda wanna continue my old campaign\endgame now that tey released the ps5 upgrade but this game is pretty boring in solo.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
So it's not even full on PS5 version? It's just a PS4++ version, well it's Ubisoft.
Ubisoft had PS5 versions of Watchdogs, Valhalla and Immortals. They seems to be doing better than everyone else. 65GB does not seems like a patch, had anyone just checked the version after install, does it say PS4?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Ubisoft had PS5 versions of Watchdogs, Valhalla and Immortals. They seems to be doing better than everyone else. 65GB does not seems like a patch, had anyone just checked the version after install, does it say PS4?
But this is older title and only one I know done the PS5 version, while being older title is probably 1st party and Bungie.

Withnail

The patch was about 4GB, and yes it's definitely still a PS4 game. Sony doesn't provide a way of patching a PS4 game into a PS5 game anyway.

AgentP

The patch was about 4GB, and yes it's definitely still a PS4 game. Sony doesn't provide a way of patching a PS4 game into a PS5 game anyway.
Scroll up, someone said they were downloading 65GB, so it was not clear. If it is just a 4GB patch, then they just did what a few other games like Tsushima have done.

ClosBSAS

so...is it just me or is this game dead on PC? i got to lvl 30 and the warlords expansion then i dropped it. game is mad confusing in what to do and shit and how to do it. its really annoying trying to get back to it.

BigLee74

Nice. Never got that far into when I first bought it (couldn’t stand the frame rate), so will definitely play this from scratch again soon.

Loved the first game.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
How does the level design and sense of atmosphere compare to the first game? People praise the snow-filled New York with good reason.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Not as good. I think moving from snowy New York was an error.

It still looks good and has some great set pieces. It’s worth picking up and just blasting through the levelling process.
Yeah New york during the snowy christmas period was a brilliant decision, I still boot it up every now and again for some survival

Theres so much more that can be done with that landscape and i'd never get bored.

AgentP

The texture load is rather slow on the PS5 via USB drive. Lots of texture draw in late,s tarting with low res defaults. I assume it was always there on the Ps4 too. Probably much better on SSD.

Top Bottom