• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Amazing Race 21 |OT| It Won Another Emmy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't watched since Season 10 i think or thereabouts... has anything changed about the show... last time I watched they added stuff like u-turns and what not...

have they gone to any new countries since then - they seem to have been going to the same old countries... i dont want to wikipedia it because i do want to one day go back and watch them all and dont want to spoil the endings

The non-elimination legs has the last place team doing an extra challenge instead of losing all their money. It's been so long I don't know what else. Phil no longer alternates between "Will be eliminated" and "May be eliminated" as well.

I haven't watched since Season 10 i think or thereabouts... has anything changed about the show... last time I watched they added stuff like u-turns and what not...

have they gone to any new countries since then - they seem to have been going to the same old countries... i dont want to wikipedia it because i do want to one day go back and watch them all and dont want to spoil the endings

Hard to say because they visit so many places. Id say they have but they always have some mainstays as well.

Some quick Wikipedia yields me that since Season 10, the new countries they have visited are: Ecuador, Mozambique, Poland, Macau, Guam, Ireland, Burkina Faso, Lithuania, Croatia, Taiwan, Boliva, Cambodia, Kazakhstan, Romania, Estonia, Czech Republic, Seychelles, Ghana, Bangladesh, Liechtenstein, Malawi, Belgium, Indonesia, Paraguay and Azerbaijan.

So yes, plenty of new countries.

I could do with more footage of the swimming detour with the Chippendales. Just saying.

This is also the second time a team lost their passports in Russia. Man, what bad luck.

Too bad about the passports, they probably could have gotten them if they tried and get replacement ones on the first day in Moscow.

Awesome for the James^2 and the roadblock judge was awesome. Lol time zones.

Also, UCD shoutout!

TheYanger

Too bad about the passports, they probably could have gotten them if they tried and get replacement ones on the first day in Moscow.

Awesome for the James^2 and the roadblock judge was awesome. Lol time zones.

Also, UCD shoutout!

They did try. They showed them calling the embassy as soon as Phil told them to get a Passport (which was like, an hour after they lost them).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So, I'm surprised they didn't use the new Australian U-Turn rule, since it felt like a beta test, but what happened in tonight's episode amounted to the same thing.

Pretty damn sneaky, really. lol

Mission

I got screwed by some news show suddenly appearing instead of Amazing race right after the first team left the gate. I got it on another channel but that was 25 minutes in so I missed a lot.

The first team to arrive after I started, Phil said they were second to arrive? Was that a screwup? Who came in first tonight?

Finally... what happened with the Double U-Turn? Does that second choice end up applying to the next challenge or was that essentially a waste so that the teams following couldn't use the 2nd U-turn?

I got screwed by some news show suddenly appearing instead of Amazing race right after the first team left the gate. I got it on another channel but that was 25 minutes in so I missed a lot.

The first team to arrive after I started, Phil said they were second to arrive? Was that a screwup? Who came in first tonight?

Finally... what happened with the Double U-Turn? Does that second choice end up applying to the next challenge or was that essentially a waste so that the teams following couldn't use the 2nd U-turn?

The twins had a fast forward so we were all subjected to watching them eat fish (ew), so they were the first to arrive and the Chippendales were number two.

Nope, the double U-turn is wasted. Basically a strategy to get Abbie and Ryan out since they couldn't use to save themselves.

Meh episode. Didn't need to see the twins eat fish or Lexi scream some more.

isny

napkin dispenser
The twins had a fast forward so we were all subjected to watching them eat fish (ew), so they were the first to arrive and the Chippendales were number two.

Nope, the double U-turn is wasted. Basically a strategy to get Abbie and Ryan out since they couldn't use to save themselves.

Meh episode. Didn't need to see the twins eat fish or Lexi scream some more.

If the twins win...man...ima lose all faith in this show. I hate EVERYTHING about them, god.

I don't usually watch this show, but I watched some today and I was reminded just why I haven't tuned in since the second season. I can't take all the screaming and all the ignorant and rude behavior. (And this episode was pretty tame from what I've heard.)

I do hope they Chippendale guys win though.
So, since posting this I have actually been watching the season still off and on entirely because of the Chippendales team. I love their attitude, so I really hope they win.

The twins don't annoy me, I find them fun to watch. I don't want them to win though. I was rooting for Abbey and Ryan so this episode was very heartbreaking. I loved all of Abbeys expressions and will miss them now.

As much I like the Goat farmers and would like to see the underdogs win, I just don't think they will last the next leg being so far behind and not very competitive.

I think James and Jaymes will win, and I wouldn't be upset if they did.

TheYanger

The twins don't annoy me, I find them fun to watch. I don't want them to win though. I was rooting for Abbey and Ryan so this episode was very heartbreaking. I loved all of Abbeys expressions and will miss them now.

As much I like the Goat farmers and would like to see the underdogs win, I just don't think they will last the next leg being so far behind and not very competitive.

I think James and Jaymes will win, and I wouldn't be upset if they did.

I thought Abbie and Ryan seemed like the stereotypical alpha asshat couple in the first episode, but they've grown on me a lot and I was pretty sad about how they lost. Ryan seems like a genuinely nice dorky guy and Abbie makes those funny faces ;p

TheYanger

They're not assholes for wanting to win, give me a fucking break.
Should they sit at the finish line and let Abbie and Pete cross it before them in the finale? No? Then it's the same result, get over it.

I thought Abbie and Ryan seemed like the stereotypical alpha asshat couple in the first episode, but they've grown on me a lot and I was pretty sad about how they lost. Ryan seems like a genuinely nice dorky guy and Abbie makes those funny faces ;p

Yep. Same here. Figured they would be the typical power team but they were just fun. I really wouldn't mind seeing them again. Really, this season has a few good teams that could come back. The Chippendales just for their extreme likability, the Rockers with their passport screwup, and Abi and Ryan with their bad luck and the 2 million dollar thing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, I totally forgot that the twins stole that money ages ago. Given that I haven't been keeping up with all the post-race interviews in years, did anyone mention that?

I guess it's a game, so if you can steal someone's shit, why wouldn't you... but man, that was low.

But of course, they don't even get to go home. Non-elimination legs have become a bad joke nowdays. :(

Oh, it's also weird that they didn't know who was the final team at the beginning of the leg. I guess they've started sequestering the teams? I know that in previous seasons, the teams would hang out with each other in between legs anyway.

You know, I totally forgot that the twins stole that money ages ago. Given that I haven't been keeping up with all the post-race interviews in years, did anyone mention that?

I guess it's a game, so if you can steal someone's shit, why wouldn't you... but man, that was low.

But of course, they don't even get to go home. Non-elimination legs have become a bad joke nowdays. :(

Oh, it's also weird that they didn't know who was the final team at the beginning of the leg. I guess they've started sequestering the teams? I know that in previous seasons, the teams would hang out with each other in between legs anyway.

No mention of the stolen money gate. I haven't seen it from the Rockers' exit interviews but then again they had bigger issues to talk about. Depends if the twins will ever get asked about them (but I expect them to blow off the question anyway).

Yeah, teams got sequestered now instead of the Eat, Sleep and Mingle we had ages ago. Forgot when, but they were probably tired of the teams being all friendly with each other (which still doesn't stop).

Also, apply for this and I'll cheer you on!
CTV to air 'The Amazing Race Canada' series

4-way race to the finish line, have they ever done that before?

Amazing Race Canada is only a race across Canada......sure we are the 2nd largest country in the world but come on :p

Amazing Race Canada is only a race across Canada......sure we are the 2nd largest country in the world but come on :p

Next week will be a 2 hour finale so it'll show two legs, where the first one eliminates a team and the second hour will be a race to the finish with three teams. This happen last year too.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No mention of the stolen money gate. I haven't seen it from the Rockers' exit interviews but then again they had bigger issues to talk about. Depends if the twins will ever get asked about them (but I expect them to blow off the question anyway).
Yeah, the passports are probably a bigger deal. I just wonder how they reacted when they saw the twins stealing their money. I just wonder if this opens a whole new role of stealing and just being underhanded.

Yeah, teams got sequestered now instead of the Eat, Sleep and Mingle we had ages ago. Forgot when, but they were probably tired of the teams being all friendly with each other (which still doesn't stop).
Wow, that seems like a weird experience. I guess it's an easy way to get the people to hate each other.

Also, apply for this and I'll cheer you on!
CTV to air 'The Amazing Race Canada' series
lol
Every year there's a token fat guy that they get because it's always fun to laugh at a fat guy bite it during a physical task, but I think I'll pass.

Is next week the finale? Typically they've done two parters where someone gets eliminated going into the actual final leg.

It's sad when the Australia version can manage to have a trip around the world (even if the prize is only 100k) while the best we can do here is a trip across Canada.

I do find it funny that Toronto is basically the most boring city in Canada though. I think they've avoided Ontario over and over again, except that one time they stopped by Toronto on the family edition of the show.

Toronto isn't boring

They should come back and do Edgewalk, the new aquarium, hockey hall of fame, ROM, skate at nathan philips square when its done.....

Throw a pie at Rob Ford....

ecurbj

I hope the twins get crushed. Can't wait for their meltdown
You got what you wanted but they were like true competitors and walked away at least trying.

Good job Twinnies! Maybe next time you both can actually apply teamwork rather than hassle at each other.

Poor Lexi, they had been dominating the leg up to that point

Amazing that the farmers came from like 2 days back of the pack to win lol......

I really wanted the Chippendales to win, but the Beekmans really persevered. I think all of the top three teams ran a great race though, it was nice to see that they were supportive of each other, despite the competition, something that is very rare on this show.

But I know that Jaymes and James are definitely the fan favorites, so hopefully they'll get some more opportunities to publicly display their assets. (Personality and otherwise.) And considering this is CBS, that is a highly likely scenario.

Retrocide

I really wanted the Chippendales to win, but the Beekmans really persevered. I think all of the top three teams ran a great race though, it was nice to see that they were supportive of each other, despite the competition, something that is very rare on this show.

But I know that Jaymes and James are definitely the fan favorites, so hopefully they'll get some more opportunities to publicly display their assets. (Personality and otherwise.) And considering this is CBS, that is a highly likely scenario.

I'm sure they'll figure out a way to bring them back...in all stars edition or something.

Retrocide

They are making an Amazing Race Canada Edition...and they never leave Canada? How I Met Your Mother has to make fun of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom