• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Episode was front to back amazing. I'm glad the Audrey scenes aren't real. Also... Fucking FINALLY!

Sad we only have 2 more episodes... Not sure how they're going to wrap this up.

Fucking incredible episode, no clue where we're heading next week but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.

I hope we get some sort of explanation or hint towards what's going on with Candie. Her actress has been killing it in every scene, even the one small line she had in this ep was brilliant.

-shadow-

Has there been any announcements in regards to a possible soundtrack release? In episode 5 and 6 there was this track with a sax, which I absolutely need to have!

Has there been any announcements in regards to a possible soundtrack release? In episode 5 and 6 there was this track with a sax, which I absolutely need to have!

There's two releases late september - one with the music played at the Roadhouse (and other licensed tracks) and another for the score.

PolishQ

Yep, two separate soundtrack albums both come out on September 8th. One has the roadhouse songs, the other has the Badalamenti score.

The sax song you refer to is already available on CD along with other music (mostly unused) that Johnny Jewel composed for the season: http://italiansdoitbetter.bigcartel.com/product/johnny-jewel-windswept-cd

-shadow-

It's coming out September 8th, I believe.

There's two releases late september - one with the music played at the Roadhouse (and other licensed tracks) and another for the score.

Yep, two separate soundtrack albums both come out on September 8th. One has the roadhouse songs, the other has the Badalamenti score.

The sax song you refer to is already available on CD along with other music (mostly unused) that Johnny Jewel composed for the season: http://italiansdoitbetter.bigcartel.com/product/johnny-jewel-windswept-cd

Two of them are set to release in September.

The Score

The featured music
Thanks, this is absolutely terrific, will get the score day one on both CD and vinyl! :D

Audioboxer

I get the impression the Tulpas are sort of pale imitations of their progenitors, so original Dougie who we only saw briefly with Jade was a shallow version of Mr C, which likely explains how he ended up getting embroiled in debt etc. However, I dare say a Tulpa from Dale will be a good substitute for Janey-E & Sonny Jim

Also that tune that played when Diane went up to the room was intense: -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWkGGda7hX8

Yeah, that whole scene with the music leading up to it was intense. I genuinely expected Lynch to kill himself to signal this is the end for Twin Peaks.

So what I'm saying is, WE HAVE A CHANCE FOR SEASON 4?!

gun_haver

It isn't original score. There are only a few tracks of original score this season, most of it is OST sourced from somewhere.

That track is called Windswept from an album of the same name by Johnny Jewel, who is a member of Chromatics who were the band who were featured at the roadhouse in ep2 playing the song 'Shadow'.

At least one other song from the Windswept album has been used ("Slow Dream") during the scene after Dougie and Janey-E have sex. There might have been another one, but I'm not certain about that.

Joqu

I get the impression the Tulpas are sort of pale imitations of their progenitors, so original Dougie who we only saw briefly with Jade was a shallow version of Mr C, which likely explains how he ended up getting embroiled in debt etc. However, I dare say a Tulpa from Dale will be a good substitute for Janey-E & Sonny Jim

That's what I'm hoping, yeah. OG Dougie had that creepy face come out of him when he "popped", Diane had no such thing. I assume it has to do with Dougie's relation with Mr C.

There's some good stuff on that Johnny Jewel album, I'm surprised they haven't used more of it. There's still time for an extra track or two but I'm not getting my hopes up. :s

It isn't original score. There are only a few tracks of original score this season, most of it is OST sourced from somewhere.

That track is called Windswept from an album of the same name by Johnny Jewel, who is a member of Chromatics who were the band who were featured at the roadhouse in ep2 playing the song 'Shadow'.

At least one other song from the Windswept album has been used ("Slow Dream") during the scene after Dougie and Janey-E have sex. There might have been another one, but I'm not certain about that.

Those Johnny Jewel tracks were made for season 3, no? I'm pretty sure it actually is original score.

gun_haver

Oh, Windswept was composed intentionally for Twin Peaks? I mean it was obvious Chromatics had some kind of connection to David Lynch - they take alot of cues from his aesthetics in general, and have been prominently featured this season - but I didn't realise it was something he had done purely for the show.

It's a really nice album, I listen to it a lot.

Do they update these track lists every week?

Sometimes a little before, sometimes a little later. That's how the name 'The Fireman' leaked a few days before. One of the roadhouse untitled tracks was last nights, and I'd imagine the final one is
Julie Cruz

Two Badalamenti tracks left to be revealed though, unless Audrey's Dance is one of them (which I think they might have confirmed on KEXP).

Joqu

Oh, Windswept was composed intentionally for Twin Peaks? I mean it was obvious Chromatics had some kind of connection to David Lynch - they take alot of cues from his aesthetics in general, and have been prominently featured this season - but I didn't realise it was something he had done purely for the show.

It's a really nice album, I listen to it a lot.

Someone shared a link to a podcast episode about the music of season 3 here not that long ago, it was an interview with someone involved with the production. I'll see if I can dig it up. I'm pretty sure I remember them talking about Johhny Jewel making stuff and sending it to David Lynch in that.

Someone shared a link to a podcast episode about the music of season 3 here not that long ago, it was an interview with someone involved with the production. I'll see if I can dig it up. I'm pretty sure I remember them talking about Johhny Jewel making stuff and sending it to David Lynch in that.

https://soundcloud.com/kexp/

They can all be found here! They're good listens. The Eddie Vedder one went up today.

Joqu

Here you go: https://soundcloud.com/kexp/inside-the-music-of-twin-peaks-the-return-with-dean-hurley

I don't remember when they talked about Windswept, but it's worth giving a listen in general

edit: beaten ! The one I linked to covers the earlier tracks

https://soundcloud.com/kexp/

They can all be found here! They're good listens. The Eddie Vedder one went up today.

Oh yeah, you're the one who posted about it in the first place! I haven't been keeping up with them though, I really should have.

And everyone has forgotten all about Sarah Palmer.

There are a lot of things coming to a head this Sunday, or that fourth season is going to be all the more desirable.

e1mjjarsjhiz.png

This is peak David Lynch.

Perfectly encapsulates modern America.

If you think about it, it's kind of fucked up that Coop replaced Dougie with another clone. It's still not the man Janey-E married, and even if he is, the man she married was a scumbag.

Episode is just as good on the second run.

Got the credits running now, and it made me realise how many memorable credit rolls we've had, from Chromatics playing us out after the revelation that James was always cool, to Dougie staring at the statue, to the Woodman walking into the desert, to last week's cut from Ruby's scream to the motel (and creepy Bosomy Woman) and to this week's reverse Audrey's dream music.

I don't want it to end.

n-off

so the Mitchum brothers are coming to Twin Peaks and they bring Candy Sany and Mandy...
any chance those guys will love it there as well?
maybe settle there and take over the Great Northern? That would be awesome. :)

Audioboxer

Episode is just as good on the second run.

Got the credits running now, and it made me realise how many memorable credit rolls we've had, from Chromatics playing us out after the revelation that James was always cool, to Dougie staring at the statue, to the Woodman walking into the desert, to last week's cut from Ruby's scream to the motel (and creepy Bosomy Woman) and to this week's reverse Audrey's dream music.

I don't want it to end.

Everything comes to an end, even life. Just gotta enjoy the journey while it lasts!

Philosophical inspired one liner aside, yeah, this ending is going to be rough. There isn't going to be another 25 years later. Any of us moaning about earlier episodes, myself included, will be depressed after next week and saying we're sorry to Lynch for doubting him.

AZd4KS0.gif

Q3e66WG.gif

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Looks like you can buy the Windswept album for $1 on this website: http://italiansdoitbetter.bigcartel.com/

ctrl+f for it down the page.

It says 'featuring music from twins peaks season 3' so I guess it was done for the show, which I guess makes it score.

Yep, its a great site. You can buy the Chromatics' Shadow (Ep2 closing track) there for low price too.

Garjon

So who is the real Diane? I doubt Dopplecoop would have killed her if he took her to the Convenience Store so she probably is alive somewhere for a purpose. I'm actually (strangely) leaning towards Naido because she says she's in the Sheriff's station and because Naido is ODian backwards. Though why would she be so important to future events as to warrant instructions from the Fireman? Perhaps she is the Bosomy Woman.

I'm also leaning towards Cooper going to the White Lodge in his coma because of the humming sound that could indicate Lodge spirit activity.

What a great episode. So many plot threads finally finished, so many payoffs and still plenty of discussion to be had. I'm not expecting answers to every question in the slightest, though I hope by the finale we get enough pieces to put it all together. I don't think I've ever been this excited for a final episode ever.

Just occurred to me that Diane went to the Lodge after dying without having to wear the owl ring like original Dougie and Ray. Odd.

Ray wasn't a tulpa or doppelganger, so the wearing the ring sent him to the lodge but wouldn't have otherwise.

He was a corpse when he got there, unlike Dougie and Diane. Dougie probably would have returned on death, but the ring ensured he was dragged in instead of Mr C.

On the rewatch, by the way (tangentially related) when Richard was frying, he seemed to be fading in and out like when Mr C walked into the Convenience Store. We may not have seen the last of him.

3rdman

I'm not convinced guys, I really don't think any Roadhouse scene but the Audrey bit has been a dream. There has been some weirdness, but that hasn't been limited to the Roadhouse anyway. Plus, narratively speaking what would be the point of such a reveal?

Yeah, and I do hate it whenever it happens, to a degree that I can't say I particularly care about someone's opinion at that point. But hey it's not like I remember this stuff, I don't keep a tally. /shrug
Right now I'm operating with the belief that every RH scene that featured random talk about Billy was part of Audrey's dream at least...

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.

In addition to what everyone else said, there's also a release of Dean Hurley's ambient / industrial effects which add so much atmosphere... https://deanhurley.bandcamp.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom