• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazing Race 25 |OT| IT'S NOW ON FRIDAYS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really enjoyed that episode. I've trashed the last season before, but it really looks like the reaction to it has caused the show runners to change it up a bit this time; it feels like it's been forever since I enjoyed a season this much. I don't even mind that we've been watching the same 4 teams for two (soon to be three) weeks now. All four of them are great. Rooting for the Wrestlers to win, though.

Wish the Cyclists were still here though. :( The competition in the final 4 if the Scientists went out instead of them would have been great.

Phil ruined it by holding the manila envelope behind his back when the scientists were running to the mat :p

Final leg is gonna be good

adelante

Whaaaat? I freakin LOVE the wrestlers. They've basically brought their wrestling personas with them to the race and I enjoy seeing them dish out non serious threats during race breaks cos that's basically what they do for a living. Hell, seeing them squirm and whine at each challenge, their random quips about how good they look on a photo, Rob getting hungry during that bakery obstacle, Brooke pretending to be pregnant on the way to the pit stop... You know these guys aren't super serious about the race. In fact, the rivalry between everyone single one of the final contestants seem tame compared to the vicious antagonising in past seasons. Pretty happy with this final four, though I would've still preferred the cyclists instead of the scientists.

I would say doing back to back legs would probably kill some teams if the next step wasn't just take a flight.

I'm kinda glad the scientists aren't out yet. I'm also glad that they quickly went and took care of Amy at the mat instead of having her collapse first like Margie did.

Ok with anyone winning expect the wrestlers mostly cause I can't stand them. Mostly Brooke. Ok, especially Brooke.

"They're low hanging fruit. It's good to have low hanging fruit." LOL poor Jim

And Brooke was a mess this leg. Her being so pissy that the scientists are still in it after just being non-eliminated herself is kinda hypocritical. And the scene where she was blaming Robbie for following the directions that SHE went to get? And then said HE was acting crazy when he calmly refused to take the blame?

The scientists earned their win. They did great this leg and if not for the clothing snafu would have had a flawless leg.

I'm pretty happy that one of the more likable teams and one I was rooting for actually won. The scientists had a pretty damn good leg even if they blew their lead on not changing out of the clothing after the first roadblock. But when basically everyone was together at the memory challenge (wow show, you remember what that was), pretty damn impressive Amy managed to clear that pretty quickly.

I'm sure we'll remember you wrestlers. Not as anything positive but probably as one of the most whiny, hypocritical and complaining teams out there.

I hope Amazing Race Blind Date doesn't kill the show like Family Edition almost did.

Congratulations to the scientists, who raced well and were likeable throughout. I really have no qualms with them winning, outside of being unsure about the four team finale structure.

I felt bad for the wrestlers until Brooke was a bitch again. I'm glad they didn't win.

Also, this is the first time I'm hearing about the blind date thing. It could be interesting, but it smells of desperation. Can't believe it'll be back so soon, in February. Then there'll be Amazing Race Canada.

Overall, this race was okay. So many of the teams and legs were pretty forgettable, though. I'd forgotten who a lot of the others were until they appeared at the end.

TheYanger

Congratulations to the scientists, who raced well and were likeable throughout. I really have no qualms with them winning, outside of being unsure about the four team finale structure.

I felt bad for the wrestlers until Brooke was a bitch again. I'm glad they didn't win.

Also, this is the first time I'm hearing about the blind date thing. It could be interesting, but it smells of desperation. Can't believe it'll be back so soon, in February. Then there'll be Amazing Race Canada.

Overall, this race was okay. So many of the teams and legs were pretty forgettable, though. I'd forgotten who a lot of the others were until they appeared at the end.

They always do the seasons back to back like this, Fall and Spring seasons then summer off.

I'm not sure about the Blind Date thing but we'll see.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The preview of the next season seems like manufactured drama. I hope Australia has another cycle ready because it's the best (English language) version of the show now.

The preview of the next season seems like manufactured drama. I hope Australia has another cycle ready because it's the best (English language) version of the show now.

Watch the next Australia season be Blind Date Edition pairing up Australia and New Zealand people up.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Watch the next Australia season be Blind Date Edition pairing up Australia and New Zealand people up.
Oh god. lol

I kind of wish Asia was back, since that was my clear favourite by virtue of being truly international, but that series seems to have been retired.

I feel like this Blind Date thing will be more of a trainwreck than Family edition though.

BowieZ

Banned
What a sweet victory!

I actually think this was a really well edited season, apart from a couple of teams being a bit underdeveloped. Great final 6. And a great surprising ending, given the second and third place getters were deemed early on to be expected rightful victors.

Blind date would be more interesting if all the teams were blind dates.
Yeah I don't quite see how it'll work with only some pairs of strangers... or why not just make everyone strangers?

Lev

Really? I thought the Wrestlers were one of the more likely couples. At least they were to me, but apparently here I was only one of the few who also liked the Cyclists as well. :(

yayaba

My wife and I watch it every season and that was definitely one of the more enjoyable seasons of late.

Definitely enjoyed the consistency of having the same 4 teams run the last couple of legs. The 4 teams were pretty evenly matched and generally likeable in a TV way and the producers could really dedicate a lot of screen time to them since they were the only ones left.

I was definitely rooting for the dentists but congrats to the candy girls for pulling the upset.

Catdaddy

Overall a good season, one of the better ones in recent memory. Surprised the Scientists won, but I'm glad they did. The Dentists were a little to arrogant (okay he was) and deep down wanted to see the Jim's "I can't believe we didn't win face".

Next season look interesting with the blind date thing, so are they setting up the couples cold or are these couples that met on the internet and never in person?

I'm a little surpised there wasn't more negativity towards the scientists even being in the final.

They had them making it to the final leg under the guise of "the race is still on", but when the next leg is preceded by a long flight everyone must get on, I just felt it was really unfair. If they made them do a speed bump which the wrestlers had to do in the previous leg, that would have been fair but this was essentially just a free pass to the finale without even the normal speed bump.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Blind date would be more interesting if all the teams were blind dates.

I agree, it's a really interesting concept but kinda ruined by the fact that more than half the teams have been together for a long time so we already know that they get along somewhat well.

Yeah I don't quite see how it'll work with only some pairs of strangers... or why not just make everyone strangers?

Supposedly I think, the 'blind' couples are those that have been dating online. So not all that different than from those long distance couples we had before. Just now all of them are.

Really? I thought the Wrestlers were one of the more likely couples. At least they were to me, but apparently here I was only one of the few who also liked the Cyclists as well. :(

I liked the cyclists. They were fun and pretty competent.

I'm a little surpised there wasn't more negativity towards the scientists even being in the final.

They had them making it to the final leg under the guise of "the race is still on", but when the next leg is preceded by a long flight everyone must get on, I just felt it was really unfair. If they made them do a speed bump which the wrestlers had to do in the previous leg, that would have been fair but this was essentially just a free pass to the finale without even the normal speed bump.

The last leg was a TBC leg. It was just separated into two episodes so that's why when the wrestlers reached the mat first they didn't win anything (lol) and why the scientists didn't have to do a speed bump.

If anything, the wrestlers shouldn't have been in the final since they got saved by the last non-elimination leg.

BowieZ

Banned
I agree, it's a really interesting concept but kinda ruined by the fact that more than half the teams have been together for a long time so we already know that they get along somewhat well.
Except that a good portion of past couples don't get along well: I wonder if they've hand-picked teams that may show cracks and signs of instability.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Except that a good portion of past couples don't get along well: I wonder if they've hand-picked teams that may show cracks and signs of instability.

That's why I said somewhat :p

I mean they're together for a reason...

Catdaddy

Supposedly I think, the 'blind' couples are those that have been dating online. So not all that different than from those long distance couples we had before. Just now all of them are.

Didn't they have a couple that dated online and met for the first time in one of the prior seasons? I seem to remember that..

Finally finished this season (crazy it took so long considering it used to be my absolute favorite tv show.)
Thought it was a great season cast wise, there really was no team that I despised.

However there is one thing that has bothered me for years and it was especially noticeable this season.
Freaking challenges and flights catching everyone up all the time now, you have some teams like 3-5+ hours behind at the start of a leg and then hey they all have to wait 12+ for the flight out.
As bad as it has become recently i'd be fine with them just starting at the same time every leg from now on.

NYR

Finally finished this season (crazy it took so long considering it used to be my absolute favorite tv show.)
Thought it was a great season cast wise, there really was no team that I despised.

However there is one thing that has bothered me for years and it was especially noticeable this season.
Freaking challenges and flights catching everyone up all the time now, you have some teams like 3-5+ hours behind at the start of a leg and then hey they all have to wait 12+ for the flight out.
As bad as it has become recently i'd be fine with every leg everyone just starting at the same time.
The problem is then it becomes The Amazing RaceS. There is no benefit to finishing first, it is simply a race not to finish last each leg.

While I like this idea, I would modify it slightly to simply remove benefits gained by travel - so no plane issues.

The problem is then it becomes The Amazing RaceS. There is no benefit to finishing first, it is simply a race not to finish last each leg.

While I like this idea, I would modify it slightly to simply remove benefits gained by travel - so no plane issues.

True.

I imagine the whole bunching thing is mostly just to ease in the logistical nightmare the crew has in planning this. With Phil having to run around ahead of the teams in the locations, the pit stop and now random route markers with the racers running behind him, they are almost always on a time crunch. I believe past teams have mentioned that Phil and the crew were on the same flight as them from one country to the next. It'll probably be even worse if one team gets a lucky break and manages to get many hours ahead of the others and starts doing tasks and such.

At the same time I did enjoy in past seasons where teams could be almost literally a day ahead of the trailing teams.

I imagine the whole bunching thing is mostly just to ease in the logistical nightmare the crew has in planning this. With Phil having to run around ahead of the teams in the locations, the pit stop and now random route markers with the racers running behind him, they are almost always on a time crunch. I believe past teams have mentioned that Phil and the crew were on the same flight as them from one country to the next. It'll probably be even worse if one team gets a lucky break and manages to get many hours ahead of the others and starts doing tasks and such.

At the same time I did enjoy in past seasons where teams could be almost literally a day ahead of the trailing teams.

I can understand them having some restriction for logistical reason as well as to keep it somewhat close.
Its just these last few seasons it has become so noticeable its really hurting the flow for me.
It might be the locations being a problem with the flights though but it was 2 or 3 times this season with teams getting to the airport and having to wait like over 12 hours just to get out.
(it just seemed crazy, no connecting flights or anything)

TheYanger

It's been like that since the second season. Even the first season TRIED to do it for logistical reasons but they failed a bit. Heck, they didn't even get to have Phil at the mat until they had it nailed down. But it's been the same for like, 20+ seasons.

RangersFan

Dénouement;153481649 said:
Tomorrow night.

wow wut? I guess I haven't watched CBS live in a while to catch any commercials for it. Hadn't had even a clue that a new season was starting soon let alone tomorrow night. Wednesday will probably give it much better ratings than Friday. Though I kind of wish it was still on Friday. Friday is my least busy TV day.

wow wut? I guess I haven't watched CBS live in a while to catch any commercials for it. Hadn't had even a clue that a new season was starting soon let alone tomorrow night. Wednesday will probably give it much better ratings than Friday. Though I kind of wish it was still on Friday. Friday is my least busy TV day.

Survivor and Amazing Race on the same night is crazy enough but that is also Americans and Arrow night!

And sometimes South Park

I had no idea the season started tomorrow or that a New Kid on the Block is part of the cast.....

RangersFan

Survivor and Amazing Race on the same night is crazy enough but that is also Americans and Arrow night!

And sometimes South Park

I had no idea the season started tomorrow or that a New Kid on the Block is part of the cast.....

My DVR schedule for tomorrow night:

8:00pm
Arrow
Survivor

9:00pm
Modern Family

9:30pm
The Amazing Race

10:00pm
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Suits
The Americans

Only on Wed for the premier episode. Then goes back to Friday, and I think this Friday as well???

So not sure if we're getting 2 episodes this week.

Anyway, uh, if no one else makes it, I'll make a new OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom