• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazing Race 26 |OT| So I hear you like dating couples?

Status
Not open for further replies.
QnvYSXM.jpg

The Amazing Race 26 is the upcoming twenty-sixth installment of the reality television show The Amazing Race. In this season, the teams will consist of eleven dating couples, with five of the teams meeting for the first time in a blind date, in a race around the world for a US$1 million grand prize.

The season will premiere on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 on CBS for the 2014–15 television season with a special airing on that day, before moving back to Friday at 8:00 pm like the previous season.

So yes, Leg 1 airs on the 25th and then Leg 2 airs on the 27th. Totally won't ruin ratings!

Anyway, this time's gimmick is that EVERYONE is part of a dating couple.

Meet the Teams

alysteve.jpg
Aly & Steve: Team Olympian

bergenkurt.jpg
Bergen & Kurt : Blind Date Couple

blairhayley.jpg
Blair & Hayley: Blind Date Couple

lebyacj.jpg
Libby & CJ: Team Tuskegee

harleyjonathan.jpg
Harley & Jonathan: Team New Kid

jeffreyjackie.jpg
Jeffrey & Jackie: Blind Date Couple

jefflyda.jpg
Jeff & Lyda: Team Older Couple

jelanijenny_0.jpg
Jelani & Jenny: Blind Date Couple

mattashley.jpg
Matt & Ashley: Team Something

mikerochelle.jpg
Mike & Rochelle: Team Something Too

tylerlaura.jpg
Tyler & Laura: Blind Date Couple

Just a reminder, this starts in about an hour on the East Coast.

Yes, it's starting at 9:30 PM. But first episode is 90 minutes!

I wish another team would've had to leave, because I liked that couple.

That said, there aren't really any teams I don't like right now. The NKOTB guy is really likeable, as is his partner, and I also like the lawyers plus a couple of the other blind daters.

I'm not so sure about the green guy team and the truck stop couple.

First thing first, thank you Amazing Race for showing me World Order and what I have been missing in my life.

The lawyers are my favorite team right now. It was amazing how quickly they warmed up to me. I'm also surprised I don't immediately hate anyone yet.

No surprised the blind couples placed better than the dating ones, lol

A little bummed about either of the last teams, I did like the last clue involved reading every single word there.

Besides like half the teams are still a giant mess to me, hey it was a fun first episode for a season I thought was going to be terrible, based off the premise.

Ridiculous gimmick, it's a race around the world; not a dating show =/

Amazing Race Canada had superior Olympians

Gold medals > Bronze

ehhhh only one episode in but none of the teams are really standing out so far. The dating teams are usually hit or miss on the show, either being wildly entertaining or very, very boring and forgettable. No idea why they thought a whole season with only dating teams would be a good idea.

And wtf is up with the selfies/videos? Please someone take those phones away.

I ship the surgeon and Britney Spears though tbh hope they go far

Next episode airs tomorrow night in its regular time slot. Don't forget!

wtF??????? lol

Ridiculous gimmick, it's a race around the world; not a dating show =/

Amazing Race Canada had superior Olympians

Gold medals > Bronze

Agreed. They were much more interesting (and better looking to boot!)

I searched Amazing Race on my PVR and was confused when I saw it on Friday, but then realized. I've got it saved, but thanks for the tip.

t-storm

Really like the casting this season.

Not gonna lie, I cringed and eye-rolled when they announced the theme and lost any interest. But the casting makes up for it... I can't even remember who won last season.

scarlet

Really like the casting this season.

Not gonna lie, I cringed and eye-rolled when they announced the theme and lost any interest. But the casting makes up for it... I can't even remember who won last season.

Yup, loving it so far, maybe because it's Japan lol

My two favourite teams are at opposite ends of the pack. The lawyers are low drama and quietly competent, and I think their 2 first in a row and their express pass show they'll be in for the long haul. On the opposite end of the spectrum, Blair and Hayley (the doctor/nurse) are chillin' at the back of the pack, and he quite obviously thinks she is beneath him. I think they will be very entertaining in a different way than "bickering couple". The preview is lol, they seem to be establishing a pattern where he ignores her but she is right. She may be a stereotypical bubbly blonde, but she is not dumb, and she is not going to let him walk all over her.

Laughing that a team got eliminated cause they missed their train due to taking a selfie.

Lawyers are still awesome and pretty interesting to see them already seeing this as a working relationship.

The two nurses are probably a good example of why teams should know each other before going on this race.

That was such a whatever elimination too.

omg_mjd

I hope Blairley make it far. They're probably the most interesting couple TV-wise.

Gonna miss Libby though. Her constant "it's an OMEN!" whenever she saw something alluding to marriage was pretty funny.

I am enjoying this theme so far, and strangely I like the phone video and selfies. It might be dumb, and there is zero way they aren't being told they have to use them, but I think sometimes it adds character and shows that they are having fun and it isn't always completely stressful and time oriented like they sometimes show. Besides, losing because of a selfie is amazing

Ganhyun

I laughed at the couple having the selfie fail moment and knew they'd be the ones to lose afterwards. It put them too far behind. I like that so far finishing near the top has helped in the next leg and not just been taken away. Im sure that flying out to another place will hit the same snag as it did last season with 4-6 hour waits for the next flight bunching everyone back up.

Lev

It's kind of funny to me how Jackie, Laura and Hayley are really warming up to the men that they have been coupled with, while the men have not been so open with their emotions. I wonder if any of the men have reciprocal feelings but haven't been revealing with them, or if they are too focused on winning the race. Either way I just feel sorry for Hayley because it's clear to me at least that Blair doesn't like her. Perhaps in the next episode she will get a wake up call and see how much of a dick Blair can be. Looking at the preview for episode 3, it looks like that that might be the case.

Libby and CJ just cracked me the hell up. They were already in last place and yet they thought it was a good idea to take a selfie while waiting for their train. They deserved to lose the race for that poor decision.

So far the cast is awesome and has plenty of eye candy. I'm rooting for Team Olympian, Team New Kids on the Block, and Team Brothers Separated at Birth.

Huh.

Cool it was a non-elim cause I was ok with the team they saved.

I was extremely surprised by who won this leg. Like never saw that coming.

I wasn't surprised by the non-elimination factor. They usually pull that around now.

It was nice of Bergen and his partner to give their date night away. They'd previously annoyed me, but I now have more respect for them.

Also, I'm glad that Team Truck Stop won this leg. I like them, and how they're unique in comparison to the people who are usually on this show. She's kind of cute, and he seems like a genuinely nice guy with a cool beard.

Kifimbo

They never gave Harley & Jonathan a chance. One less likeable team.

The engine challenge was a really bad road block. Nothing more interesting to do in Bangkok ?

They never gave Harley & Jonathan a chance. One less likeable team.

The engine leg was a really bad road block. Nothing more interesting to do in Bangkok ?
I mean there was no way in hell they were gonna catch up.
What a crappy leg.

And they're taking a 3 week break. What the fuck CBS.

UberTag

I mean there was no way in hell they were gonna catch up.
What a crappy leg.

And they're taking a 3 week break. What the fuck CBS.
This might well have been the worst leg in Amazing Race history.
And that's saying something given how shitty the US version of the show has been of late.

They're really chancing fate with that god awful, unsuspenseful ep filled with teams that bitch and moan and hate each other, a 3-week hiatus and their piss poor Friday time slot. You can't even be excited for teams winning trips at the end of legs now that they're going to want nothing to do with one another at the end of the show.

The blind date concept has been a complete misfire. It was painful enough watching Mark & Mallory try to fumble their way through tasks with poor communication and no chemistry one year ago. Whose bright idea was it to give us FIVE teams exactly like them?

Another leg where the one team no one expected to get first, gets it.

Pretty bad leg where there was really no way for anyone to catch up if they weren't part of the first flight.

And its pretty eh seeing teams that didn't know each other break down cause no one totally saw it coming

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Yeah I'm not feeling this season much at all. At this point it's just filler until the Amazing Race Canada starts. Sucks that TAR Australia got cancelled(I think).

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
So many fail teams this season lol

Worst performance on a leg ever?

Gotta be up there near the top. Phil stopping a team on the course is pretty rare and it's usually because of a missed flight or something. These guys just sucked that bad.

Blair is a much more patient man than I.

legend166

The latest episode hasn't aired yet in Australia (last ep I watch was the New Kids on the Block being eliminated), but I'm not enjoying this season at all. The gimmick was interesting on the first two legs but now it's just painful. And seriously it feels like they've been in Asia for 100 years at this point.

omg_mjd

Most pathetic elimination ever. But at least Blair and Hailey continue to entertain in their own way. Would be hilarious to see them win but I'm not rooting for any particular team this season.

Did this two weeks break cause half the teams to start failing so terribly or something? Cause wow that was terrible.

I know I said at the start that I was looking forward to seeing teams self destruct but honestly I didn't expect it to be this bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom