• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazing Race 23 Cast Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing Race 23 Cast!

11 teams will embark on a sprint around the globe for $1 million dollars on the new season of THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Sept. 29 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Teams will travel through 4 continents, 9 countries, spanning over 35,000 miles where they will paraglide high above the skies of Iquique, Chile, subject themselves to a bone-chilling plunge in Norway and buckle up for Formula Racing in Abu Dhabi. Pictured: Top Row, L-R: Chester and Ephraim, Rowan and Shane, Jamal and Leo, Brandon and Adam, Nicole and Trvis, Danny and Tim; Botton Row, L-R: Nicole and Kim, Tim and Marie, Jason and Amy, Ally and Ashley, Naina and Hoskote Photo: Cliff Lipson/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

103416_d0387b.jpg

Jason and Amy

Dating couple Jason Case (left) and Amy Diaz (right) compete in a sprint around the globe for $1 million dollars on the new season of THE AMAZING RACE.

103416_d0501b.jpg

Chester and Ephraim

Former Football Teammates Chester Pitts (left) and Ephraim Salaam (right) compete in a sprint around the globe for $1 million dollars on the new season of THE AMAZING RACE

103416_d0609b.jpg

Leo and Jamal

Cousins Leo Temory (left) and Jamal Zadran (right) compete in a sprint around the globe for $1 million dollars on the new season of THE AMAZING RACE.

103416_d0722b.jpg

Rowan and Shane

Theater Performers Rowan Joseph (left) and Shane Partlow (right)compete in a sprint around the globe for $1 million dollars on the new season of THE AMAZING RACE.

103416_d0834b.jpg

Hoskote and Naina

Father/Daughter team Hoskote (left) and Naina Venkatesh (right)compete in a sprint around the globe for $1 million dollars on the new season of THE AMAZING RACE.

103416_d0964b.jpg

Ally and Ashley

LA Kings Ice Crew Allison "Ally" Mello (left) and Ashley Covert (right)compete in a sprint around the globe for $1 million dollars on the new season of THE AMAZING RACE.

103416_d1169b.jpg

Brandon and Adam

Childhood Friends Brandon Squyres (left) and Adam Switzer (right)compete in a sprint around the globe for $1 million dollars on the new season of THE AMAZING RACE.

103416_d1302b.jpg

Nicole and Travis

Married Doctors Nicole (left) and Travis Jasper (right) compete in a sprint around the globe for $1 million dollars on the new season of THE AMAZING RACE.

103416_d1463b.jpg

Tim and Danny

Best Friends Tim Wiyninger (left) and Danny Merkey (right) compete in a sprint around the globe for $1 million dollars on the new season of THE AMAZING RACE.

103416_d0198b.jpg

Tim and Marie

Ex-Couple Tim Sweeney (left) and Marie Mazzocchi (right) compete in a sprint around the globe for $1 million dollars on the new season of THE AMAZING RACE.

103416_d0281b.jpg

Nicole and Kim

Baseball Wives Nicole Getz (left) and Kim DeJesus (right) compete in a sprint around the globe for $1 million dollars on the new season of THE AMAZING RACE.

Source: http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/photos/1000681/meet-the-cast-amazing-race-23/42528/

One of my favorite shows. Can't wait for this new season!

Majine

Banned
An ex-couple? Sounds interesting, but weird for the one(s) not involved.

This show is pretty entertaining, but haven't watched in years.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Ehh? I like the way they get couples of different types races and backgrounds. I don't have a problem with that at all.

Theres's always the ex-couple, the young attractive couple, the twins wearing pink, the hippie/hipster team, the older male duo team etc...

It's not a problem or anything, it's just like the same thing every season lol, even the Canadian season had these too.

EDIT: I should have said archetypes, not stereotypes

Keyouta

I just wish they wouldn't put on team where the people already are making lots of money. Like those baseball wives.

SPOILER ALERT: A couple of months ago, one of my friends in
Juneau Alaska
posted on facebook that the Amazing Race teams were running around the area on a mission. So, expect to see them travel to that location this season.

Cipherr

Theres's always the ex-couple, the young attractive couple, the twins wearing pink, the hippie/hipster team, the older male duo team etc...

It's not a problem or anything, it's just like the same thing every season lol, even the Canadian season had these too.

EDIT: I should have said archetypes, not stereotypes

Ahhh I see what you mean, yeah. I have watched maybe 10 or 11 seasons of this, and yeah you are right about that I guess, they do tend to have the married group, friends group, dating group etc.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Boring cast, boring first episode.

I feel like they just need to cast for "good people" instead of "good gimmicks". Gay couple, check. Exes, check. Minorities, check. Parent-child, check. Of course, I usually end up turning around on some of these teams by the end, but after watching Amazing Race Canada, it was nice to see a cycle of the show that didn't feel AS contrived (even though it had a double amputee ex-sniper on the show).

Dull first episode since it has the whole a bunch of teams and a short number of tasks.

This isn't good if people are already not reading the clues.

Balehead

I really liked the Canadian version and it felt like they had the stronger premiere episode. Solid season overall. Rooting for the 'villains' Tim and Marie. Footballers might be alright too. Kind of fitting that dad & daughter got eliminated since their introduction video was the only one I couldn't watch online.

So far the football players are the only team I like with the bearded team coming in second. The exes in the first episode seemed like they were arguing just for screen time but in this episode the girl was super annoying.

Bigfoot

yes! Amazing Race Canada was not so good
Really? I thought it was great. Still had the same Amazing Race feel even if the locals were not as exotic. Canada is a pretty large and varied country too so it was cool to see lots of it. Even the cast didn't have any teams that annoyed me like usually happens with Amazing Race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom