• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazing Race 23 Cast Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marie is being such a cartoony villain right now.

Man, and do I dislike awkward pit stops. Feels bad for that lovely host there.

NYR

100% behind Baseball bunnies...because they are a team. A team of two huge, gigantic, mouth watering, round, perfectly shaped, eye popping.....um...brains.

boobs

Balehead

Phil's non reaction to Jason's rant was pretty great.

"... and we're going to beat them because we're the better team!"
"Ok."

Pedrito

It's been a while since I've watched this show (which was my favorite back in the days), but I caught a glimpse of it tonight. What's up with Phil's delivery of his lines? The intonations are extremely annoying. That and the over-the-top editing and music make it hard to watch now.

Not sure if the episode is airing in the US yet....

Ice girls fail hard @ packing a taxi =/

Also

WTF @ one team helping another like that, Amy did the damn challenge for Nicole =/

RangersFan

Not sure if the episode is airing in the US yet....

Ice girls fail hard @ packing a taxi =/

Also

WTF @ one team helping another like that, Amy did the damn challenge for Nicole =/
I'm no fan of the afghanimals but they are 100% right, Travis and Nicole are such hypocrites. Amy did the whole roadblock for her, no doubt the ice girls would have passed them.

adelante

Man... I found the Afghanimals super annoying at first, especially when they started flirting a bit with the ice girls, but I've grown to love how they aren't the sort to constantly bicker at each other, and how they seem to genuinely enjoy the race. Them dancing around like crazy to the angklung music, high-fiveing the kids, "fighting" with the elephant, that level of enthusiasm is just awesome. Next to Amy and Jason, they've become by new favourites.

Balehead

It was funny how they built Travis and Nicole's honesty and honor since last episode only for Nicole to try and cheat off of the guys they are accusing. I don't like the Afghanimals, but that was great.

Trouble

Banned
Man... I found the Afghanimals super annoying at first, especially when they started flirting a bit with the ice girls, but I've grown to love how they aren't the sort to constantly bicker at each other, and how they seem to genuinely enjoy the race. Them dancing around like crazy to the angklung music, high-fiveing the kids, "fighting" with the elephant, that level of enthusiasm is just awesome. Next to Amy and Jason, they've become by new favourites.

Fuck those guys, I'll never forgive them for U-turning the beards and getting them eliminated.

RangersFan

I actually hated them to begin with because they bickered like assholes. Now I just find them annoying as fuck.

It's weird that I really don't have any real favorites here.

I guessssss Jason and Amy at this point but even then, it's mostly I won't hate them winning.

I don't hate the Afghanimals that much anymore and hell even Tim and Marie aren't as terrible.

Nicole and Travis are just uncomfortable to watch.

adelante

It's weird that I really don't have any real favorites here.

I guessssss Jason and Amy at this point but even then, it's mostly I won't hate them winning.

I don't hate the Afghanimals that much anymore and hell even Tim and Marie aren't as terrible.

Nicole and Travis are just uncomfortable to watch.

Yeah Nicole and Travis acting all sanctimonious with the reason behind their UTurn and then being hypocrites themselves, just rubs me the wrong way. I admit, I laughed at the way they edited the way it all played out. But I do pity Nicole; Travis just wouldn't let up on his criticisms. Dude should chill.

I actually have no problems with either of these four teams winning the competition. None have proved to be the not deserving of the title prize...even Tim and Marie.

I'm glad that Leo and Jamal made it through because of an NEL. That's so awesome! I've really warmed up to them during the course of the race and I don't really want to see them go home.

NYR

I'm glad that Leo and Jamal made it through because of an NEL. That's so awesome! I've really warmed up to them during the course of the race and I don't really want to see them go home.

They are making this season. Marie is a bitch so her team sucks, the other two are hypocrites and goody-two-shoes, so I don't hope either of them wins.

I always forget that now a days they have there's always a NEL episode the week before the finale.

Well I guess at least all the final four have now won at least one leg.

Trouble

Banned
They are making this season. Marie is a bitch so her team sucks, the other two are hypocrites and goody-two-shoes, so I don't hope either of them wins.

Jason & Amy are the only team left that I don't actively dislike at this point.

RangersFan

I think i may actually be cheering for Tim and Marie. Afghans are annoying as fuck, Travis and Nicole are hypocrites, and Jason as xenophobic. Marie is a raging bitch and super competitive but Tim is very levelheaded and works well with her, they are a good team.

TheYanger

I think i may actually be cheering for Tim and Marie. Afghans are annoying as fuck, Travis and Nicole are hypocrites, and Jason as xenophobic. Marie is a raging bitch and super competitive but Tim is very levelheaded and works well with her, they are a good team.

I like Jason and Amy too, but yeah this is about spot on for how I feel about Tim and Marie. He's a really cool guy and not like a doormat kind of way but they actually have good chemistry. She's the alpha for sure but it's not suepr annoying/abusive like Flo and Zach style (if you guys remember them).

RangersFan

I like Jason and Amy too, but yeah this is about spot on for how I feel about Tim and Marie. He's a really cool guy and not like a doormat kind of way but they actually have good chemistry. She's the alpha for sure but it's not suepr annoying/abusive like Flo and Zach style (if you guys remember them).

you mean Flo, Zach was awesome and basically dragged her to the finish line. she should have gave him her half of the winnings, worst winner ever.

TheYanger

Yeah. god I'd forgotten about KKKendra. And Zach and Flo was always a bit of a conundrum, because Flo was literally useless and Zach was legit one of the best players the show has ever had. I mean, let's face it it's purely because of teams like them and Chip and Kim that we now have the rule where the roadblocks need to be evenly split among the team. If either of those teams raced today they'd be in a lot worse shape (Zach and Flo would be gone the second Flo had to do a single thing for instance).

Fey

Banned
Just started watching today, and I'm surprised at the hate for the Afghans, seem like the most fun team. The "broken up" team seem nice, too. The doctors seem like users and the other team is just being used.

RangersFan

Man I was cheering so hard for Tim and Marie. So glad Travis and Nicole went bust. Travis has been a dick for a while now, and Nicole is just pathetic at challenges. Jason and Amy meh, boring team sucks that first challenge determined everything. Tim and Marie by far the best team this season hope they return for second chance season.

LOL, Phil asking what their kids think of them, lol.

I'm glad Jason and Amy won, I was rooting for them since the beginning. I was surprised to see Travis act the way he did over the last few episodes. He and Nicole worked great together in the early stages, but ever since she screwed up on that music challenge he has been all over her for every mistake. Tim and Marie were probably the strongest physical team, but I'm glad Marie didn't win. She seems really cold and I can't believe she got Tim to agree to a 60-40 split in her favor. That was ridiculous.

It'll be interesting to see who is coming back for the All-Stars season in February. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tim and Marie return or maybe the Afghanimals (who started to grow on me towards the end).

Fey

Banned
omg I just saw that
Brendon and Rachel aka "Big Brother"
are coming back next season.

Definitely watching.

SPOILER ALERT: A couple of months ago, one of my friends in
Juneau Alaska
posted on facebook that the Amazing Race teams were running around the area on a mission. So, expect to see them travel to that location this season.

I spoiled the ending location back in August, lol. I don't think anyone noticed.

Found this on a discussion board on the Amazing Race Wikia page:

List of teams participating in Season 24 and the previous seasons they were in

Margie & Luke (Seasons 14 & 18)

Flight Time & Big Easy (Seasons 15 & 18)

Jet & Cord (Seasons 16 & 18)

Mark (Season 20) & Mallory (Seasons 17 & 18)

Brendon & Rachel (Season 20)

Natalie & Nadiya (Season 21)

Caroline & Jennifer (Season 22)

Joey & Meghan (Season 22)

Dave & Connor (Season 22)

Jessica & John (Season 22)

Leo & Jamal (Season 23)

The post also mentions that some teams declined and others were ruled out. It's just a post on a discussion board, nothing concrete.

Fey

Banned
Flight Time and Big Easy and Jet and Cord and Margie and Luke
again? -___-

edit: And aw
the watermelon team
declined? They were easily the best team of their season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom