• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazing Race 23 Cast Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangersFan

holy shit amy's rack...

so many hot chicks this season. hope the afghans or the exes are eliminated next. they are so annoying (well at least just marie on the exes team).

I think i'm gonna be cheering for the bearded duo.

Wow, dumbest team ever?

How do you manage to get a bad cab, completely blow buying bus tickets, and then make such a colossal mistake on how to do a road block lol

Wow, dumbest team ever?

How do you manage to get a bad cab, completely blow buying bus tickets, and then make such a colossal mistake on how to do a road block lol

I dunno, it's gotta be something that despite having bad cab luck, suck at buying bus tickets, they could have passed another team in the roadblock if they didn't dragged the first shoe shining place they saw.

I absolutely love it when a team mistakes a real world event for a challenge. It happened last season with Jessica & John going into someones backyard believing they were doing a challenge, and it happened again this season with the shoe shiner.

And I guess I'm alone in actually liking the Afghanimals. They're loud and cocky, but also entertaining.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Can't believe how bad those guys got screwed.
It's basically a trope of the franchise though. Take risky flight = get screwed.

I still remember that race where a team on the FINAL THREE took a risky flight and basically had to be remote eliminated. They didn't even get to the mat and reunite with all the other teams. lol

It's basically a trope of the franchise though. Take risky flight = get screwed.

I still remember that race where a team on the FINAL THREE took a risky flight and basically had to be remote eliminated. They didn't even get to the mat and reunite with all the other teams. lol

Right, but the situation that ended them on that flight was fucked. But yeah, the second I saw them offer a itinerary with 2 international transfers I woulda gone off on them.

Hey I got the Express Pass will you help me?

Hey I got the Express Pass can you tell me the answer?

Hey I got the Express Pass can you let me pass you to the pit stop?

In other news, I do think Travis and Nicole and Jason and Amy are pretty likable. The Ohio Boys are good too and I'm warming up to the Bearded Guys.

Marie needs to fall off of something. I know she's not trying to make friends or anything, but still, that's no reason to be a dick to everybody.

What a fantastic episode! I loved the ending where Nicole was like, Bye!
Loved the end credits song too.
Norway is such a beautiful country.

Trouble

Banned
My money is on these guys.

103416_d1169b.jpg

Balehead

When the race started I was hoping Tim and Marie would be good villains, but so far Marie's mostly just obnoxious. They aren't doing anything to the other teams but just alienating themselves even with the express pass. On top of that they are pretty weak in any challenge that isn't purely physical, last week the puzzle was oddly challenging to them and this week they messed up a lot.

Cat Party

When the race started I was hoping Tim and Marie would be good villains, but so far Marie's mostly just obnoxious. They aren't doing anything to the other teams but just alienating themselves even with the express pass. On top of that they are pretty weak in any challenge that isn't purely physical, last week the puzzle was oddly challenging to them and this week they messed up a lot.
A lot of that is editing, which Amazing Race does better than any other show.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
A lot of that is editing, which Amazing Race does better than any other show.
It does, except for the end of episodes where teams are "racing" to the finish line and it's painfully obvious who won or not before the race even started.

Also, they really shouldn't record the testimonials after a leg, because when you see someone who has cried talking about the race, you know they lost.

RangersFan

Good to see the ethnocentrism outside of Asia for once in this show.

Edit: yes afghanimals get u turned I hope they get eliminated

Damn it they u turned the beards

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Unless you are a team with no luck that completely misses the boat.....plane or train
Unless you fuck up like the football guys or the gay actors, there really is no chance of being remote-eliminated.

The reality is that given how production works, they need to gate progress so that the entire cast bunches up together. Like, the camera/sound guys switch teams between legs so that they don't become friends with the contestants, and, of course, they probably pay some fair amount of money to have venues open for them and that is certainly time sensitive.

Way back in season 1, I really did think that this show was about the race and that people would be able to find any way to gain an advantage - for example, people would book entire planes by themselves in order to prevent other teams from getting on the flight - but they clearly don't want that kind of race. It's really just about the scenery and the clash of personalities.

RangersFan

All you pretty much got to do is beat one team a leg until the final. The incentive to finish first is for the great prizes and sometimes powers like fast passes. But ultimately there will almost never be a huge gap. Teams at the back of the pack will always get catch up hold overs whether it be detours that start at a specific time or a flight or bus where everyone is on it.

TheYanger

The show wouldn't even really be super compelling if there weren't bunching points. The best team would quickly amass a huge lead, you'd end up with ridiculous time spreads and the flow of episodes would deteriorate. This DID happen in the first season, when Nancy+Emily (waifu mmm) and the Guidos were like, almost an entire day behind the first 3 teams. They ended up having to hold the leading teams at that pit stop for like a full day so that they could get the elimination handled before moving on. (Editing makes it look more like 12 hours or something reasonable, it was a huge difference).

I don't think the show even encourages manufactured drama in general, the challenges are where most of the drama comes in, or the travel, it's just they make sure there's a reasonably fair chance for everyone in each different country. That being said, S1 is probably still my favorite partly because of how raw it was, but I still love all of em.

RangersFan

Mmmmm sweet sweet Emily. My favorite part was when the Indian dude pulled a real life Borat on her and was like "very nice, how much?" and her mom just laughed and pulled her away from him.

But yeah the logistics of them being able to have a show would be impossible if they didn't bunch then up. Production even has control sometimes over things like when they held up rob and am ambers flight for u unchenna and joyce, otherwise rob and amber would have coasted to the finish line.

t-storm

Ok if I ever direct the live action FFVI film, I will shoot the opera scene in that theatre in Austria.

Cipherr

Unless you fuck up like the football guys or the gay actors, there really is no chance of being remote-eliminated.

The reality is that given how production works, they need to gate progress so that the entire cast bunches up together. Like, the camera/sound guys switch teams between legs so that they don't become friends with the contestants, and, of course, they probably pay some fair amount of money to have venues open for them and that is certainly time sensitive.

Way back in season 1, I really did think that this show was about the race and that people would be able to find any way to gain an advantage - for example, people would book entire planes by themselves in order to prevent other teams from getting on the flight - but they clearly don't want that kind of race. It's really just about the scenery and the clash of personalities.

Yeah, I'm okay with this though. Focus on beating at least one team per leg to survive. Otherwise a lot of the entertainment would be sapped from the season 4 episodes in once a single team blew away the field.

I've never seen the show but I'm laughing at the stereotypes projected.

Baseball Wives vs Childhood friends vs ex-lovers vs doctor chefs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom