• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Amazing Race 21 |OT| It Won Another Emmy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

Never like it when a team wins that finished last during one leg and should have been eliminated but was saved. Doesn't feel right.

Last season was really good, especially the finale. A shame this season didn't really live up to the hype.

Did anyone else see the Beekmans Ford trunk door auto-closing when Phil just explained they must open AND close the trunk with their foot?

I was so worried they would be forced to go back to the start to close the trunk with their foot.

Woot for the twins getting kicked out at the first hour. Man, they should have self navigation much earlier this season.

I'm ok with the farmers winning. They were my second choice after the Chips, so I'm ok with that.

Really good final challenge though. One of the best ones of the recent seasons.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm just glad the Twins lost. They made great villains. lol

Really wish a China or Asia or Australia season was airing soon though. :(

TheYanger

How can anyone say that was disappointing. I'd rather the Chippendales had won, but holy shit that was a tense and awesome finale. Those REALLY hard final challenges are the best, the few seasons that have lacked them are always the worst.

TheYanger

This. I'm so bitter.

And that last competition was a fucking disgrace. Let's throw an event where absolutely no skill is required. It wasn't fun to watch for a single second.

Oh give me a break, skill WAS required, had any team had a decent memory they could have annihilated the challenge, and the way the Beekman's approached the challenge was absolutely spot on, James seemed to do it similarly he just started slower. Lexi could've EASILY done the same thing. Memory/country related challenges are the norm not the exception, and when they aren't there we get the most boring and predictible finishes on this show.

Balehead

I'm glad all the alliance bullshitting failed in the end. Made this nearly unbearable to watch at times when 6 people run as a pack and are all nice nice.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This. I'm so bitter.

And that last competition was a fucking disgrace. Let's throw an event where absolutely no skill is required. It wasn't fun to watch for a single second.
Are you kidding me? The first few seasons ended up being a foot race, which meant the male, younger teams always won. How is that a skill?

It's funny though. Teams know to take meticulous notes, but they miss the one obvious thing. I wonder if they'll try to change it up again next time.

I was surprised by the final challenge.
First Texas & Chippendales not knowing the UN logo.

The greetings were so much easier then they made it seem imo.
Wish I was in that challenge, would have been done in 10 minutes.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I was surprised by the final challenge.
First Texas & Chippendales not knowing the UN logo.

The greetings were so much easier then they made it seem imo.
Wish I was in that challenge, would have been done in 10 minutes.

was it? You had more banners than you needed, and had to get them in the right order, based on flags with no other reference of which country besides the ordering.

The first few were easy, but then those last 4-5... with 12-15 banners, only 8-10 of which you need...

but props to the producers for putting something at the end that the teams didn't think to write down

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
also - I'm highly amused at everyone making fun of Amazing Race Canada... how soon ya'll forget The Family Edition of Amazing Race that stayed in the USA. What an abortion that season was.

SuperPac

was it? You had more banners than you needed, and had to get them in the right order, based on flags with no other reference of which country besides the ordering.

The first few were easy, but then those last 4-5... with 12-15 banners, only 8-10 of which you need...

but props to the producers for putting something at the end that the teams didn't think to write down

Yeah, that definitely made the finale more tense than some of the last couple. I didn't even realize (cuz I don't think they ever showed it) that the people at each stop also said "goodbye" in their language.

So happy to see Sri Lanka get booted out before the final 3 after all their crap-talk and shenanigans (wonder what the rockers think of them taking their money). The wife and I were kinda hoping the Beekmans would pull it out and win but figured that Texas or the Chippendales were gonna run away with it since they are stronger teams.

well it just seemed like it to me, I knew all of them besides Bangladesh's and the only foreign language I have ever taken were 2 classes of Japanese.

was an intense final challenge though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I just discovered that TAR Latin America and TAR Philippines and TAR China were ALL airing at the same time (Latin America is still going, actually).

Philippines is half English, half Tagalog, but China is all in English (hosted by the dude who formerly hosted TAR Asia) and starring mostly expats, if you still want more to watch: http://www.youtube.com/user/tarchinarush

Personally, I vastly prefer the international spinoffs for the most part, so I'm hoping this season of China was as good as the previous ones.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You're a legend for that TARChinaRush link, I know what I'm doing now.
Season 2 is on youtube as well. :)
I don't remember if Season 1 is there though.

Of course, since the rules are the same for the most part, I think you can probably watch the other shows as well any get the jist of it. I tried watching Vietnam and well... I'll just say that it's been a while since I was bombarded with so much Vietnamese. lol

One of the weird things is that DJ involved with that radio prank suicide case was on the first season of TAR Australia. I was wondering why I recognized her and it was pointed out in one of the TAR forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom