• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazing Race 26 |OT| So I hear you like dating couples?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting how focused on each other Blair/Hayley and Tyler/Laura are, and how T/L said TWICE that there was no way B/H would beat them. Does it come down to these two teams, or do the totally discounted underdogs Mike/Rochelle win just like.....last season? I'm not seeing that one happen, a win like the Sweet Scientists doesn't come along often (see also Josh/Brent). More likely M/R are eliminated halfway through the finale. I don't think there's any way Jelani/Jenny win, the editing seems to be ignoring them to a larger degree than the other three teams, plus they have no real edited story.

scarlet

Interesting how focused on each other Blair/Hayley and Tyler/Laura are, and how T/L said TWICE that there was no way B/H would beat them. Does it come down to these two teams, or do the totally discounted underdogs Mike/Rochelle win just like.....last season? I'm not seeing that one happen, a win like the Sweet Scientists doesn't come along often (see also Josh/Brent). More likely M/R are eliminated halfway through the finale. I don't think there's any way Jelani/Jenny win, the editing seems to be ignoring them to a larger degree than the other three teams, plus they have no real edited story.

From the edit Blair and Hayley gonna win. But I want Tyler and Laura or Mike and Rochelle

eh, I liked the 4 teams finale last time cause it saved a team I liked

here, it's eh, still don't like or hate anyone here just feel all meh about them

Blair and Haley are going to win by at least 10 minutes, they get stuff done fast when they aren't bickering and they seem to have gotten past that

Lev

I really wish Mike and Rochelle were eliminated during this leg. I'm tired of seeing them barely stay alive in this game. *yawn*

Anyway, unless a disaster happens for another team, they're pretty much done. Last season IIRC the team who was roadblocked on the final leg ended up in last place anyway. They have zero chance winning the million dollars with having to do a roadblock, so them still being in the race is giving them false hope.

scarlet

I really wish Mike and Rochelle were eliminated during this leg. I'm tired of seeing them barely stay alive in this game. *yawn*

Anyway, unless a disaster happens for another team, they're pretty much done. Last season IIRC the team who was roadblocked on the final leg ended up in last place anyway. They have zero chance winning the million dollars with having to do a roadblock, so them still being in the race is giving them false hope.

Did you mean speed bump?

Phil didn't mention any speed bump

Huh, last season, the team that got saved by this TBC final 4 leg ended up winning the whole thing. :p

If this is anything like last time, this leg is probably a To Be Continue leg and they kept racing after showing up at the Pit Stop which make sense since Mike and Rochelle got a clue after being saved. Just kinda odd editing to not show this being mentioned to any of the other teams.

Lev

Huh, last season, the team that got saved by this TBC final 4 leg ended up winning the whole thing. :p

If this is anything like last time, this leg is probably a To Be Continue leg and they kept racing after showing up at the Pit Stop which make sense since Mike and Rochelle got a clue after being saved. Just kinda odd editing to not show this being mentioned to any of the other teams.

Hah! I guess my memory is shot then. :O :V

I also think that Blair and Hayley will win. However I am fine with any team winning sans Mike/Rochelle. ;)

TheYanger

I thought that was smart editing since it left it a bit of a surprise. I suspected it because of last season but not the same

RangersFan

Glad Tyler and Laura won. Hailey screaming at Blair to tell the cab where to go when she was the one who was supposed to tell them where to go was classic Hailey.

Tyler is a fool if he doesn't get with Laura.

NYR

Just watched it. Best team won. I called the winners edit over a month ago, they were getting way too much camera time all season long.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Tyler's a sort of friend of mine (he's closer to my roommate), so that was pretty cool.

He was really good at keeping it a secret, I had no idea he won.

They need to make final legs longer and harder, they used to seem more challenging

Also need to never do this format again lol, no one is going to find love on the race =/

Delio

They need to make final legs longer and harder, they used to seem more challenging

Also need to never do this format again lol, no one is going to find love on the race =/

Heard rumors that they really loved the Blind Date aspect. I wouldnt put it past them having a few of the racers next time being that again.

TheYanger

Ok. I wanted Blair and Hailey to win but it was super satisfying to see them lose because he finally couldn't do anything with the challenge and she bungled it all on her own.

I don't mind the blind date format, I REALLY hate the last legs that aren't hard though. The final tasks used to be so much more challenging.

The best team won, and I'm happy about that. Tyler and Laura had a great race, and seem like really nice people in general. Good for them.

It was a well-deserved victory

I'll admit that I liked the truckers, and they were one of the two teams I was cheering for this finale, but that's just because I identify with them a bit more than most would. Not the truck stop part, but just the beard and being overweight, plus I like the goth look.

Hailey drove me nuts, but Blair was a good competitor/seemingly good person on the Race. The same was true of Jelani and his partner.

addik

I was badly hoping that Hayley/Blair would win, and they had it in the bag. I actually liked Tyler/Laura at first but then they started shitting on everybody. They did well though so I guess it was well-earned.

At least that opens doors for a Hayley/Blair return. In fact, that ending is heavily hinting on them returning soon. (IMO, the cast the previous two seasons were so great that I thought I wouldn't mind if TAR27 was a returning racers season, plus a couple of other teams that that should have appeared in UB/All-Stars 2).

The last leg had a good design. It wasn't so much that the tasks were extremely hard, but that it was open to a lot of placement changes. I wish the memory challenge was a bit harder, but I guess that Selfie challenge was fine.

scarlet

I was badly hoping that Hayley/Blair would win, and they had it in the bag. I actually liked Tyler/Laura at first but then they started shitting on everybody. They did well though so I guess it was well-earned.

At least that opens doors for a Hayley/Blair return. In fact, that ending is heavily hinting on them returning soon. (IMO, the cast the previous two seasons were so great that I thought I wouldn't mind if TAR27 was a returning racers season, plus a couple of other teams that that should have appeared in UB/All-Stars 2).

The last leg had a good design. It wasn't so much that the tasks were extremely hard, but that it was open to a lot of placement changes. I wish the memory challenge was a bit harder, but I guess that Selfie challenge was fine.

But it's okay for you when Hayley mentally tortured Blair?

addik

But it's okay for you when Hayley mentally tortured Blair?

Not exactly, I felt for Blair, but I liked them for acknowledging their mistake (Hayley's, in particular) in the first place and trying to fix it. They were on an upswing the past few legs and I liked seeing that. Their loss being on Hayley's hands was karma though and I would like them back to see just how much they have improved/deteriorated.

Laura/Taylor just had streaks of holier-art-though attitude and jerky moments, which just didn't sit well with me. They're not bad winners though, I just started disconnecting with them by the end.

This was the first season of Amazing Race I've ever watched, and I liked it a lot. Maybe it's because this season of Survivor has featured such terrible people, but I really liked the cast here; even the most annoying people were still fun to watch, and I never felt like I was just watching bad people be horrible to each other for no reason.

And it helped that the winning team was so likeable.

The Amazing Race was the opposite of Survivor this year, because they picked all likeable/good people. Survivor's full of assholes.

Mission

Hayley better not make some All Stars cast or something. I already had to put up with the twinnies in multiple seasons of shows I watch.

But yeah classic Hayley. She's got all the knowledge and still yelling at Blair for not helping her. I can't imagine the relief once the show ended.

Hayley better not make some All Stars cast or something. I already had to put up with the twinnies in multiple seasons of shows I watch.

But yeah classic Hayley. She's got all the knowledge and still yelling at Blair for not helping her. I can't imagine the relief once the show ended.

I sincerely hope Hailey won't be back. She's pretty, but very annoying. The Twinnies are much worse, though.

The blind date gimmick was a big bust. It was apparent early on that most of them had no sparks or chemistry, so we got to watch a bunch of people with no personal investment in each other. The original premise of the race was teams of 2 with a pre-existing relationship, so a season where half the teams are Erik and Danielle doesn't sit well with me.

....And they're doing it again next season if the casting call is to be believed *gag*

Meh ending to a meh season.

It was amazing to see a team far ahead mess up and lose their lead though.

Well at least Hayley owned up to her costing them their win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom