• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
They don't always get names right
They don't always get all the credits
Sometimes they add extra ones by mistake
At some point, they merged all entries for a name down to one entry, so for particular common names there can be three or four people who all share a single entry

For shows, all the impacts on shows that the above causes, plus they're very bad with show and episode titles.

I honestly can't tell. Guess I'm just a casual animu watcher.

cajunator

Banned
Its really easy to just say "we can do better" but if thats true, then lets just do it.
There is enough talent and knowledge on this site to make it possible.

OceanBlue

They don't always get names right
They don't always get all the credits
Sometimes they add extra ones by mistake
At some point, they merged all entries for a name down to one entry, so for particular common names there can be three or four people who all share a single entry

For shows, all the impacts on shows that the above causes, plus they're very bad with show and episode titles.

Is there a reliable place to find staff information? I like looking up the staff for episodes I particularly like and since I can't read Japanese, it helps to have a reference.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Chitose Get You! 9
What better way to do an unfunny joke than by doing it twice. Thanks show...
Well at least the ED is kinda fun. I only watched the first three mind.

Damn I just realized. Cooking in SAO is probably like cooking in GW2. Oh man....
It will suck when they go back to the real world and realise pointing at meat doesn't instantly chop it up and 25 minutes in the oven will be 25 minutes rather than five seconds of simulated time.

Almost all the anime I watch these days is comfort food. I find it difficult to watch anything long-form these days :/
I watch anime because UK television is depressing. Murder after murder after murder.

Saimoe Round 1 - Group D, Day 1 Results:

D09
1st 235 Yasuna Oribe @ Kill Me Baby!
2nd 171 Gertrud Barkhorn @ Strike Witches
3rd 97 Sakurako Gibbard @ Saki
Well that's certainly surprising.

Super quick YuruYuri avatar for this week.
ilw8SxcjRShqL.png

cajunator

Banned
Well at least the ED is kinda fun. I only watched the first three mind.

It will suck when they go back to the real world and realise pointing at meat doesn't instantly chop it up and 25 minutes in the oven will be 25 minutes rather than five seconds of simulated time.

I watch anime because UK television is depressing. Murder after murder after murder.

Well that's certainly surprising.

Super quick YuruYuri avatar for this week.
ilw8SxcjRShqL.png

Is the UK really that much of a crimehole?

Kusagari

Yuru Yuri 9

You know, I really didn't like Chinachu much during season 1. But these last couple episodes have succeeded in making her my favorite character after Kyouko and Ayano. Her character feels much more fleshed out and it's helped make her vastly more appealing.

The scene with her and Akane was hilarious, of course, and I thought the scene with her and Ayano was great. It's hilarious how different they are. China is completely out there with her love for Yui, while Ayano tries to act all tsuntsun about Toshino Kyouko.

Mandoric

Banned
Is there a reliable place to find staff information? I like looking up the staff for episodes I particularly like and since I can't read Japanese, it helps to have a reference.

There is! But it's all in Japanese.
I tend to use .lain and Anime@wiki, occasionally mixed with just finding the guy on FB or Twitter and reading his profile or asking.

Software is the annoying part. I'd be willing to pay or work out a revenue split with a programmer, but there are huge fucking heaps of i18n issues and complex database calls I don't want to think about myself.

Narag

One Piece 1

Liked the couple movies I saw and that left me wondering if I could enjoy this in spite of Luffy. I think it was Uchip that described this as a low budget affair and boy he wasn't kidding. I didn't care for the score either and thought it worked against scenes more than it supported them.

Might stick with this, might not. Slow going here and there if I do as I don't think I can handle large doses of Luffy without the rest of his crew around to balance things.

7QR0Ol.png
7lQjzl.png

Budget tight? Just draw part of the background and call it a day.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Yuru Yuri 9

You know, I really didn't like Chinachu much during season 1. But these last couple episodes have succeeded in making her my favorite character after Kyouko and Ayano. Her character feels much more fleshed out and it's helped make her vastly more appealing.

The scene with her and Akane was hilarious, of course, and I thought the scene with her and Ayano was great. It's hilarious how different they are. China is completely out there with her love for Yui, while Ayano tries to act all tsuntsun about Toshino Kyouko.

Chinatsu sakuga, huh? I don't know how I feel about this.

Pretty much everything they said about it was positive. Zac's favourite episode was Goemon's introduction episode a.k.a the train one. They do mention, in passing, that it seemed like the show was rather 'low budget'. It may have failed in some areas, but as it "aimed for the stars" that was okay.

Somehow, I'm not surprised. Although, part of me wonders how that could ever be someone's favorite episode of the series. Especially coming right on the heels of episode 2.

huh really? even I liked fate/zero I thought everything on ann got a 10/10 "Oscar worthy it saved my life, if it wasn't for this anime helping me through a dark time in my life I would probably be died on some streetcorner"review.

No, that only applies to Okada shows. ANN slurps up everything she does.

Wait, so ANN says that about Fate Zero, and they critically acclaimed BLACK ROCK SHOOTER?
WTFITS?

That's ANN for you. I'm not sure why anyone bothers paying attention to their editorial content. I've never encountered an ANN review that really left me thinking about anything except bewilderment at how the reviewer managed to post it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Too bad ANN doesn't do buried treasure / garbage anymore - there were some real gems (both ways) that column listed. Now I just have to depend on AnimeGAF.

Thoraxes

Branduil

I should mention there is one negative about the Bunny Drop box set. The first disc opens with an ad for Ano Hana.

We'll really never be able to forget the flower we saw that day.

Go_Ly_Dow

I should mention there is one negative about the Bunny Drop box set. The first disc opens with an ad for Ano Hana.

and now that flower will blossom fully in to a theatrical release, in 2013!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Well it could be worse. It could have started with telling you the manga ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom