• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sale is Live

bender

What time is it?
Is Prodeus worth a buy?

I know you already bought it but just to inject regret into your purchase.

hated-it.gif

Diddy X

For now just bought Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones.
I remember playing the Prince of Persia Sands Of Time back in the day. I really liked it.
I hope you like it, in my case I got Warrior Within some years ago and it felt pretty unplayable due to old controls and camera.

Ubisoft Ports kinda pre-2012 were usually pretty terrible.

As cool as those Prince of Persia games were, especially the criminally underappreciated...Prince of Persia from 08'

Prince_of_Persia_2008_vg_Box_Art.jpg

Most of them are notoriously bad console ports from Ubi that I think still have pretty significant problems that were never addressed. Be sure to check the PCGamingWiki to see if the headache is worth the hassle.

Last edited:

Holammer

Any good metroidvanias?
Hollow Knight is 50% off, but you already have it. Right?

Will pimp this any chance I get. It suffered a troubled launch
Non-violent pinball/platformer metroidvania. Gift a few copies to friends you like.
Neat pixel art and humor, but there are some horrible difficulty spikes and confusing level design, one boss has a random behaviour for example.
Strange as fuck, I keep restarting this one all the time. The 'exploration' tag on Steam is spot on.

Lysandros

Sadly the new pricing policy made buying any new games near impossible for mid-low income individuals in my region, with or without discounts. So winter or any other sale is meaningless and Steam is practically over here, until (if ever) they balance the prices taking avg income into account.

Mr Hyde

It's a good sale. Almost my entire wishlist is discounted. Gonna pick up Gears 5, Titanfall 2, Final Fantasy 4 3D remake and Arkham Origins: Blackgate.

Hollow Knight is 50% off, but you already have it. Right?

Will pimp this any chance I get. It suffered a troubled launch
Non-violent pinball/platformer metroidvania. Gift a few copies to friends you like.
Neat pixel art and humor, but there are some horrible difficulty spikes and confusing level design, one boss has a random behaviour for example.
Strange as fuck, I keep restarting this one all the time. The 'exploration' tag on Steam is spot on.

What do you think of

simpatico

Any good metroidvanias?
Blasphemous 2 fixes almost everything with part 1. It's a lot less frustrating and more like a proper IgaVania.

The Last Faith has great aesthetics. Like top notch. Couple warts with the gameplay but I still think it's worth picking up and playing.

It seems like the people who wanted Diablo 4 to become their lifestyle and personality aren't happy with it, but for someone who just wants to play the campaign casually it's freaking amazing.
Yeah the game is a disaster for the core audience but it's ok for casuals.

Laieon

LOL Diablo

It was my 3rd favorite game of the year, a lot of fun. I'm more of a Torchlight/D3 kind of guy though when it comes to ARPGs, I don't like the D2/PoE side of the genre.

Yeah the game is a disaster for the core audience but it's ok for casuals.

Its a Blizzard game. Their core audience has been casuals since at least vanilla WoW and the vast majority of their existence as a game studio.

It seems like the people who wanted Diablo 4 to become their lifestyle and personality aren't happy with it, but for someone who just wants to play the campaign casually it's freaking amazing.

Yep, I've enjoyed it a lot.

Last edited:

simpatico

Have you tried Factorio? It's more of a factory sim, but scratches a lot of the same itch. Best management game I've ever played. There is a demo

Granted it doesn't go on sale, the price actually increases over time. Still worth it.

EDIT: I can't leave this here without a disclaimer, this game will eat your time and destroy your sleep schedule like few others. Anyone with a lot on their plate at work should stay away from it at all costs. Factorio consumes all.

Last edited:

Holammer

I pimped Souldiers a couple of times in this thread already, but I just noticed it costs 1€ (96% off) on CDkeys. Go get it.
edit: Prodeus is 2€!

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Carrion:

Ori and the Will o the Wisps:

Castlevania Advance Collection:

Tunic:

Dead Cells:

Ghost Song:

Owl Boy:

Steam World Dig 2:

Vongarland Castle: Sacrilege of the Night:

Castlevania Advance Collection and Steam World Dig 2 are great recommendations. Owl Boy and Ghost Song are pretty meh.

Quasicat

After my PS5 stopped working last week, I decided to replace most of the games I play on Steam Deck. I picked up both Spider-Man games, Horizon Zero Dawn,Rift Apart, and Sackboy. I need to pick up Detroit, but I see a decent sale on the Quantum Dream set. It amazes me how well these games work on the Steam Deck.

Holammer

Grabbed roughly 30€ worth of games on CDkeys & Fanatical. With 4-5 games from my wishlist and extra copies of Tinykin, Prodeus & Souldiers gifted to friends.

ijVh1cZ.jpg

BlakeofT

I got Marble it Up! It reminded me of Marble Blast Ultra back on XBLA. Finally got it for a decent price.

I haven't turned it on since they upgraded it to Ultra, but I've played a ton of the original Marble It Up game. So many great user made levels out there, although it's kind of a pain to sort through all the ones you've downloaded.

simpatico

Inscryption is a wild ride worth your time and money. I’m not a fan of card games whatsoever, but this is an absolute must play for fans of any genre. So damn refreshing of a game.

There’s a demo out there. Highly recommend.

Sliding into my Top 5 of the year mostly likely.

Download the demo, but other than that go in completely blind like I did.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Inscryption is a wild ride worth your time and money. I’m not a fan of card games whatsoever, but this is an absolute must play for fans of any genre. So damn refreshing of a game.

Personal top 5? It came out in 2021. I loved the first room in the game and then much less so after that.

My pics so far

Since Sh2 didn't show up....indie game filled the void

And this is my FAV DLC with actual DLC content

Have you tried Signalis?

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I pimped Souldiers a couple of times in this thread already, but I just noticed it costs 1€ (96% off) on CDkeys. Go get it.
edit: Prodeus is 2€!

I got this in a humble choice and yeah it’s way better than I was expecting

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I see Far Cry games are on sale - I've never played these games. Is the first game a good place to start? That's kind of what I'm thinking.
Depends. Can you play Half-Life 1 before 2 even if 2 is so much better? If you get Instincts or whatever they did to enhance the original. I’d say you might like 3 more. It’s hard to recommend because they’ve done so much to the games. There are of course some dated gameplay and the added drama to later games. Iirc FC3 did incredibly well and fans seemed to love it. I thought FC2 was a lot of fun for its location, but the games did get better. FC1 is well known for the island and map editor, especially back on Xbox and 360. I didn’t get the last FC because FC has a similar formula after a while. It’s still fun, especially if you’ve never played them. I’d personally skip the DLC separate game stuff they did with 5 and skip FC Primal. I didn’t like those.

I see Far Cry games are on sale - I've never played these games. Is the first game a good place to start? That's kind of what I'm thinking.
Far Cry 1 was made by crytek and it's more like crysis. Far Cry 2 went open world. The setting is interesting. Africa. Has some cool mechanics like fire spreading. But it's boring and repetitive as fuck.
They perfected the formula with Far Cry 3 and all their following games are pretty much the same with different skins. Bad guys wear red. Enemy outposts. Go guns blazing or stealth. There's a bow. The main antagonist since Far Cry 3 is always some nutjob.
Only Far Cry Primal is a little different since it's about cave men 10000 BC or something.

I think Far Cry 5 would be a good one for newbies. It's a decent game. Good graphics.

Pakoe

Best friend said the same thing so I bought it blind. Seems interesting

Top Bottom