• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sale is Live

Holammer

42c.png

Saw this on KnowYourMeme. Funny cuz it's true.

Gp1

42c.png

Saw this on KnowYourMeme. Funny cuz it's true.

Last sale i bought and played:

-Mechwarrior 5 mercenary (it's way better now with all the DLCs than it was at launch)
-Gunner Heat Pc (Tank simulator, good game)
Nuclear option (a really promising early access. A mish mash between Ace combat and DCS)

The games that i bought and didn't even installed yet:
Almost 10 indies that i can barely remember the name (carrier command 2, and a bunch of others)

I'm enjoying way more the AA titles + "not your average" indie games than the "AAA next gen" ones

simpatico

OK guys. Here's a last minute zinger for ya.

GRID Legends. 90% off. $6 to own. Nice, simcade racer that harkens back to the simcade feel of older games they don't really make anymore. If you wanted to like the newer Need for Speed games but got queered off of them by the aesthetics, this game is for you. It's structured like a more arcadey Forza Motorsport(and actually kinda better than the newest Forza). Think Need for Speed Shift.

MikeM

Last sale i bought and played:

-Mechwarrior 5 mercenary (it's way better now with all the DLCs than it was at launch)
-Gunner Heat Pc (Tank simulator, good game)
Nuclear option (a really promising early access. A mish mash between Ace combat and DCS)

The games that i bought and didn't even installed yet:
Almost 10 indies that i can barely remember the name (carrier command 2, and a bunch of others)

I'm enjoying way more the AA titles + "not your average" indie games than the "AAA next gen" ones
What is Mechwarrior like compared to AC6?

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Bought Cult of the Lamb and The Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe. Been playing and enjoying both.

Jesb

Steams return policy is such bullshit. Quantum break freezes and crashes everytime I tried to play it. They claim I played 4 hours of it but that’s bullshit. I played it 1 hour tops. The steam timer is not accurate at all. Fuck steam.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Steams return policy is such bullshit. Quantum break freezes and crashes everytime I tried to play it. They claim I played 4 hours of it but that’s bullshit. I played it 1 hour tops. The steam timer is not accurate at all. Fuck steam.

How many hours does your Steam client say you've played?

T-Cake

It says 4 but it’s nowhere near that. Even if it was 4 does that make it ok that the game is broken.

Can’t say I’ve ever had a problem with either of your issues. The game is not broken when i t’s playable from start to finish on a PC- ie mine. Sometimes a game can crash and leave a process behind so Steam thinks it’s still running. That could explain how you’ve accrued 4 hours of game time but only played 1.

Last edited:

GRID Legends. 90% off. $6 to own. Nice, simcade racer that harkens back to the simcade feel of older games they don't really make anymore. If you wanted to like the newer Need for Speed games but got queered off of them by the aesthetics, this game is for you. It's structured like a more arcadey Forza Motorsport(and actually kinda better than the newest Forza). Think Need for Speed Shift.

bought

Jesb

Can’t say I’ve ever had a problem with either of your issues. The game is not broken when i t’s playable from start to finish on a PC- ie mine. Sometimes a game can crash and leave a process behind so Steam thinks it’s still running. That could explain how you’ve accrued 4 hours of game time but only played 1.
Clearly their system is broken if it tells them you played for 4 hours and didn’t. It’s ridiculous that they won’t refund if it tells them you gone over two hours.

Topher

Gold Member
Clearly their system is broken if it tells them you played for 4 hours and didn’t. It’s ridiculous that they won’t refund if it tells them you gone over two hours.

Nah…this isn’t common at all so unless there are a lot of reports of this happening then it is just an isolated incident. I’ve gone over 2 hours by a little bit and gotten a refund but can’t expect them to do that after four.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member

1tfyVu2.jpg

KZ07SbR.gif

nikos

Not much of a discount, but I picked this up and the gameplay alone is worth the cost.

If you're a fan of old-school arcade style hockey games, or the 90s NHL games, you'll love this. Even if you don't like roguelike games, it's worth it. The roguelike elements and career mode are actually pretty cool, but there's also a regular exhibition mode that can be payed with or without powerups. I finished the game in the first few runs, so the roguelike portion is more like an unlock system rather than a necessity for completion.

I was on the fence because I wasn't sure how much of the game was actual hockey gameplay, but it's definitely the main focus, and it has that "one more match" type of addictiveness.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gp1

Mortisfacio

Bought Satisfactory, fuck me what a game. Played 80 hours in 10 days!

I'm at 170.9 hours in Satisfactory and still I don't know how to explain the game to people without myself getting bored with my description, yet... I love it.

Only things I've bought this sale are Orcs Must Die 3 and The Riftbreaker: Complete Pack. Loved Riftbreaker on Game Pass so figured I'd finally own it.

Top Bottom